The UFC has abandoned Overeem. It's so sad.

najma

Incredible, I just realized The Demolition Man: Alistair The Reem Overeem is fighting this weekend. And he isn't fighting a nobody, but Roy Nelson!

This is a main event on most cards there could be.

But UFC seems not to give a **** about promoting him anymore. WTF? He was such a draw, wasn't he?

He surele still does have a huge fanbase, that we do know.

He and Nelson just appeared on an UFC Embedded episode 4 for the first time and not with much exposure anyway.

Isn't that... hmm... disappointing? 

Incredible, I just realized The Demolition Man: Alistair The Reem Overeem is fighting this weekend. And he isn't fighting a nobody, but Roy Nelson!

But UFC seems not to give a **** about promoting him anymore. WTF? He was such a draw, wasn't he?

He and Nelson just appeared on an UFC Embedded episode 4 for the first time and not with much exposure anyway.

Disappointing I expected great things from Overeem when he came in to the UFC but he just hasn't done it. If you take away the Lesnar and the Struve fights and it he probably would have been cut. Hope he gets back on track but that chin just looks a bit to glassy to me.

Even though Roy is a tough likeable guy he's never really going to be much more than a journeyman at HW. He's to small and his cardio was really shown up against the likes of Stipe and DC.

Nelson is actually a nightmare matchup for Reem. Brutal KO power on the feet, slick BJJ on the ground, ungodly chin, and pretty much immune to body strikes. Another one for Big Country's KTFO reel.

Honestly, Alistair will be marginalized until retirement. He'll always barely crack Top 10. His best bet is to head to Bellator, where he can probably get away with cycling that horse juice again, but the UFC will give him enough incentive to stick around and serve his function as the undercard talent.

• Like 1

UFC has nothing to do with it, my friend.

Reem is in a situation now where he needs to climb the division all the way up again.

Getting KTFO against Big Foot, Brownie and ROTHWELL doesnt help much, lets be real! Also, beating Struve isnt a big deal either.

Im not even sure he can beat Roy tbh.

his fans all jumped ship when he got brutally knocked out in the ufc for the second time by browne