Looking for some new ways to spend your spare time? Here is some hobby inspiration

fobar

Hobbies aren’t just something that a man should do when he’s bored and doesn’t have anything else on the task list; they should be an integral part of how he spends his time.

While leisure time is often equated with simply lying around and doing nothing, great men throughout history have filled those seemingly empty moments with activity. Men like Winston Churchill, who declared that “one ought to have two or three hobbies,” actually felt more invigorated by doing something with his free time rather than nothing:

“It is no use saying to the tired ‘mental muscles’… ‘I will give you a good rest,’ ‘I will go for a long walk,’ or ‘I will lie down and think of nothing.’ The mind keeps busy just the same. If it has been weighing and measuring, it goes on weighing and measuring. If it has been worrying, it goes on worrying…It is useless to argue with the mind in this condition…A gifted American psychologist has said, ‘worry is a spasm of the emotion; the mind catches hold to something and will not let it go.’ One can only gently insinuate something else into its convulsive grasp. And if this something else is rightly chosen, if it is really attended by the illumination of another field of interest, gradually, and often quite swiftly, the old undue grip relaxes and the process of recuperation and repair begins.”

Rejuvenation often happens through an invigorating and thoughtful hobby. We published a guide to 45 hobbies a couple years ago, and it was enormously popular. Readers chimed in with hobbies of theirs that weren’t listed, so I went through and culled those that were most frequently mentioned. Below are 22 more hobbies for a man to consider and pursue.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2015/03/11/22-more-hobbies-for-men/

• Like 1

LoL it drives me wife nuts

She doesn't understand that when I get into something it's just in my nature to go overboard with it

Yeah ill always be a big kid, but being single I have to be careful my nerdginity doesnt get the better of me lmao

• Like 5