Rafael Cordeiro: 'I'll do my best to bring back his old self'

xFINISHxHIMx

Kind of funny to see people saying he doesnt have a chin after you watch both his battles he had with Hendo, thats hillarious to hear.

Anyways, Shogun clearly lacks on motivation/heart, simple as that. His performances clearly show that he doesn't give 100% on his camp anymore: totally gassed on the 1st round, no improvements on techniques at all, nothing new on his game, etc. In fact, if Shogun was really motivated he would not think twice and move down to 185 where I think he would be a beast (he would need motivation for it and stop eating).

Now let me ask something: what kind of "motivation" is Cordeiro talking about ? The same "motivation" RDA maybe had on his latest performances ?! I would love to see Shogun improving overnight as RDA did lol

• Like 1

Anyways, Shogun clearly lacks on motivation/heart, simple as that. His performances clearly show that he doesn't give 100% on his camp anymore: totally gassed on the 1st round, no improvements on techniques at all, nothing new on his game, etc. In fact, if Shogun was really motivated he would not think twice and move down to 185 where I think he would be a beast (he would need motivation for it and stop eating).

I agree. There have been discussions on whether or not there are two different Shoguns... one that shows up motivated and in shape to fight and one that does not. Others say that it's the same Shogun, it's just that he looks good when he wins and terrible when he loses. Either way, I think Cordeiro is right when he implies that Shogun just isn't performing up to his potential.

Remember when Shogun got choked out by Forrest then barely beat Mark Coleman? Even though he won that fight, he looked absolutely terrible. He goes on to get a quick KO of Chuck Liddell (who didn't at that point in Chuck's career?) and gets a title shot. I thought he was going to get absolutely demolished by Machida, and he would have if he showed up for the title fight like he did against Griffin and Coleman. However, he shows up in shape and loses a razor thin decision that many say he should've won. He comes back in an immediate rematch and wins the title with a first round KO.

It just seems that when he's on he's on, but when he's off he's waaaay off.

• Like 1

Kind of funny to see people saying he doesnt have a chin after you watch both his battles he had with Hendo, thats hillarious to hear.

Now let me ask something: what kind of "motivation" is Cordeiro talking about ? The same "motivation" RDA maybe had on his latest performances ?! I would love to see Shogun improving overnight as RDA did lol

By overnight do you mean the time it took from his loss to Khabib to the time he exposed Canthony for what he is? Because that was eleven months. You can improve leaps and bounds in pretty much anything with nearly a year to train on it.

By overnight do you mean the time it took from his loss to Khabib to the time he exposed Canthony for what he is? Because that was eleven months. You can improve leaps and bounds in pretty much anything with nearly a year to train on it.

I was more joking than being serious m8.

I know, 11 month is time enough to fix mistakes by training hard.

I make jokes about RDA on roids but realistic what some people are not realizing is that he trains with top dudes. I mean, you get Cordeiro (coach of the legendary Chute Boxe in Brazil) to improve your stand up, MT, clinch and your mental game then you got Werdum in your camp assisting you with your grappling. Well, Im sure RDA got more than enough to improve himself as a fighter, right ?

Biggest shogun fan here, fan of the sport because of the guy and I wanted him to retire after the 1st hendo fight. The guys knees are gone so he can't train for better cardio,doesn't walk threw strikes like he use to. Very hard to watch him fight nowadays.

Biggest shogun fan here, fan of the sport because of the guy and I wanted him to retire after the 1st hendo fight. The guys knees are gone so he can't train for better cardio,doesn't walk threw strikes like he use to. Very hard to watch him fight nowadays.

I don't think it's because he can't train cardio. His brother left his camp at one point saying it was because Shogun chooses not to do strength and conditioning.

• Like 2

I don't think it's because he can't train cardio. His brother left his camp at one point saying it was because Shogun chooses not to do strength and conditioning.

Yep this ^

I even hard of Cordeiro making similar comments time ago on how Shogun had to decide whether h wanted to be on top or not (which implies Shoguns lack of interest and determination).

• Like 1