Chris Camozzi vs. Ronaldo Souza

Max Holloway vs. Cub Swanson

Felice Herrig vs. Paige VanZant

Preliminary Card (FOX, 6:00 p.m. ET)

Beneil Dariush vs. Jim Miller

Patrick Cummins vs. Ovince St. Preux

Corey Anderson vs. Gian Villante

Aljamain Sterling vs. Takeya Mizugaki

Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass, 4:30 p.m. ET)

Tim Means vs. George Sullivan

Diego Brandao vs. Jimy Hettes

Chris Dempsey vs. Eddie Gordon

rockhold is the best kickboxer machida has ever faced. Anyone who knows anything about karate and kickboxing knows that kickboxing will trump karate every time when both fighters are at the top of their disciplines.

Machida got bodied against shogun, hes going to get knocked out against rockhold who is a better kickboxer and has working knees.

• Like 2

For those of you traveling to UFC Newark: 

Metro PCS Fighter Appearances

540 6th Ave., NY (Rave) – Thursday 4/16 5p – 6p: Robbie Lawler scheduled to appear                                                     

Fulton, Brooklyn: Corporate Store – Friday 4/17 12p – 1p: Johny Hendricks scheduled to appear                                                

1069 Flatbush, Brooklyn (MWG) – Friday 4/17 6p – 7p: Tyron Woodley scheduled to appear                                                                                                        

40-34 National Street, Corona (Cell Nation) - Saturday 4/18 at 12p –1p: Angela Hill scheduled to appear        

• Like 1

I think Machida's fighting style results in him getting too little credit IMO.  

Of his 5 defeats, 3 were in title fights, 2 of which were to undefeated fighters (JJ & Weidman....don't bother posting a pic of Matt Hamill anyone).  His two other defeats were somewhat dubious decisions.  He troubled Weidman more than anyone else has and is in a small minority of fighters to get a round off Jones.

So he is absolutely no joke, and if it hadn't been for the whole Silva love-in thing, who knows what he would have done at MW; it's clearly his natural weight.

All that said, Rockhold seems like a man on a mission at the moment, very confident and very focused.  I think Luke edges it with a decision or late stoppage, but he'll get a bloody nose doing so.  Should be a fun fight.

P.S Druncle, he also completely rekt your AV!

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 4

I think Machida's fighting style results in him getting too little credit IMO.  

Of his 5 defeats, 3 were in title fights, 2 of which were to undefeated fighters (JJ & Weidman....don't bother posting a pic of Matt Hamill anyone).  His two other defeats were somewhat dubious decisions.  He troubled Weidman more than anyone else has and is in a small minority of fighters to get a round off Jones.

So he is absolutely no joke, and if it hadn't been for the whole Silva love-in thing, who knows what he would have done at MW; it's clearly his natural weight.

All that said, Rockhold seems like a man on a mission at the moment, very confident and very focused.  I think Luke edges it with a decision or late stoppage, but he'll get a bloody nose doing so.  Should be a fun fight.

You gave Machida too much credit and did not mention his running.

He also robbed Hendo.

Threef

Edited by Druncle_Polo

FYI

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: OPEN WORKOUTS

UFC GYM – NYC SOHO

277 Canal St. 3rd Floor

New York, N.Y. 10013

1 – 3pm

Participants:

Lyoto Machida – Former UFC light heavyweight champion & No. 2 middleweight contender

Luke Rockhold – Former STRIKEFORCE middleweight champion & No. 4 middleweight contender

Jacare Souza – No. 1 UFC middleweight contender

Chris Camozzi – UFC middleweight contender

Details:

1pm:                Doors to the public

1:30pm:           Luke Rockhold workout

2pm                 Chris Camozzi workout

2:30pm:           Jacare Souza workout

3pm:                Lyoto Machida workout

• Like 1

FYI

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: OPEN WORKOUTS

UFC GYM – NYC SOHO

277 Canal St. 3rd Floor

New York, N.Y. 10013

1 – 3pm

Participants:

Lyoto Machida – Former UFC light heavyweight champion & No. 2 middleweight contender

Luke Rockhold – Former STRIKEFORCE middleweight champion & No. 4 middleweight contender

Jacare Souza – No. 1 UFC middleweight contender

Chris Camozzi – UFC middleweight contender

Details:

1pm:                Doors to the public

1:30pm:           Luke Rockhold workout

2pm                 Chris Camozzi workout

2:30pm:           Jacare Souza workout

3pm:                Lyoto Machida workout

OH **** YEAH! Chris Camozzi is gonna be there?!!? Count me in.

You gave Machida too much credit and did not mention his running.

He also robbed Hendo.

Threef

I mentioned his fighting style not being well-liked (by which I mean his running).  I actually find Machida very frustrating; he generally looks much better coming forward than backpedalling, but it's as if he has some overly clever plan to tire or frustrate his opponent.  

He did not rob Hendo, you need to blame the judges for that.

Anyway, I'm no Machida fan; my point is that if Luke beats him, he's warranted a title shot in my book.

I mentioned his fighting style not being well-liked (by which I mean his running).  I actually find Machida very frustrating; he generally looks much better coming forward than backpedalling, but it's as if he has some overly clever plan to tire or frustrate his opponent.  

He did not rob Hendo, you need to blame the judges for that.

Anyway, I'm no Machida fan; my point is that if Luke beats him, he's warranted a title shot in my book.

Anyone beating Machida at MW should get a title fight. Yes.

They had a documentary on Rockhold on UK tv last night.  At first I was warming to him; got the whole chilled out surfer vibe going.

Then as it went on he must have mentioned about 8 times how he felt "disrespected" by something.  Came across as quite lacking on humour and full of a sense of entitlement.  Might even cheer for Machida on Saturday.

• Like 2

Cos Evans, Ortiz, Bader, Hendo all exposed him as sucking vs wrestlers. 

With his weak as **** 77% take down defence.

Evans wins a rematch easy, Ortiz won that fight, Bader wins a rematch easy, Hendo won that fight, Davis exposed him, Weidman beat him easily, Rampage destroyed him

• Like 1