Floyd Mayweather says he'll retire in September

xFINISHxHIMx

"I'm pretty much done with all this. It's not fun like it was back then. It's business now. I don't really enjoy it any longer," Mayweather said during a media scrum earlier this week. "Final (fight) at the MGM Grand in September."

Mayweather (47-0, 26 KO) talked retirement last year, too, before his May fight with Marcos Maidana, and then ahead of their September rematch. He's also previously announced retirements, saying after his 2006 win over Carlos Baldomir that he would retire after his next fight. That fight wound up being the record-breaking event against Oscar De La Hoya in 2007. Mayweather also retired in 2008, canceling a planned rematch with De La Hoya, before returning in 2009.

Lel

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/4/16/8430657/floyd-mayweather-to-retire-september-manny-pacquiao-boxing

nah.. he's not retiring.. May 2nd will be a massive pay out and he's set himself up perfectly for 3 fights with Pacman..... in his mind he'll retire when he breaks the 49-0 record with no draws or NC.

Agreed.  I think he'll stay until he tries to get 50-0, when he breaks Rocky Marciano's record of 49-0.  That's if he can get past Manny on May 2nd.

• Like 1