How many hours do you sleep a night

I try for 8 hours but usually only get 6-7 hours of sleep.

I feel more refreshed after a full 8 hours of sleep, but if I sleep let's say 9 hours I get even groggier then if I had only slept 6 hours.

Cole: 6-7 hours of sleep in his bed... 1-2 hours of sleep in his best friends girlfriend's

• Like 5

I aim for 8, and if I get less, I can really feel it the next day.

I only got 5 today and I'm feeling it.

I got a call early this morning and was too excited to fall ball asleep. Not being able to fall back asleep is the worst.

• Like 1

I bought a fitbit and it tells me I'm sleeping like 5 hours and I'm restless 46 times in that period, I also apparently climb 10+ flights of stairs in my sleep. I must be climbing Everest in my sleep or some ****

Please explain this fitbit contraption more?

I believe I want to try it.

When i eat like **** i seem to need the 8 hours.

When i eat clean i find myself sleeping around 6. 

The less the better imo.

I actually like this theory, and will start testing this out. I read an article that claims almost every major CEO only sleeps 6 hours a night. Once you train your body to run off 6, it won't miss the full 8 hours anymore.

I tested that out and it actually does work, but I still felt a tad slower throughout the days.

Please explain this fitbit contraption more?

I believe I want to try it.

It's suppose to track your steps, calories burned, heart rate, floors climbed, distance traveled and you can use the app to monitor calorie and water intake and a bunch of other stuff. I'm mainly using it for the heart rate monitor and as a watch as the other stuff isn't entirely accurate for me

• Like 2

I actually like this theory, and will start testing this out. I read an article that claims almost every major CEO only sleeps 6 hours a night. Once you train your body to run off 6, it won't miss the full 8 hours anymore.

I tested that out and it actually does work, but I still felt a tad slower throughout the days.

You can definitely operate on 6 hours, or even less from my experience. Getting 6 hours of sleep was a luxury in basic training, but as you mentioned, I just feel way better getting 8.

• Like 2

a 20 min power nap can do wonders if you get hit with that dip in energy.

• Like 1

It's karma in your case m8.

Try being a better person and you will sleep like a baby.

Just kinda stressin this month.

I held the door open for two older gentlemen at the post office today, maybe tonight I'll get some good shut eye.

• Like 1

It's suppose to track your steps, calories burned, heart rate, floors climbed, distance traveled and you can use the app to monitor calorie and water intake and a bunch of other stuff. I'm mainly using it for the heart rate monitor and as a watch as the other stuff isn't entirely accurate for me

Very good explanation. I use it as well. For all of the above. Also to track sleep, Log food intake, exercise plan.. etc.  Also I use it for work, our health insurance has a program that you bonus Money off of. The more you do the more you make.

And to add. I usually get 5-6 hours sleep a night. Sometimes less. Any more than 6 and I am over tired and sluggish most of the day....

• Like 2

Very good explanation. I use it as well. For all of the above. Also to track sleep, Log food intake, exercise plan.. etc.  Also I use it for work, our health insurance has a program that you bonus Money off of. The more you do the more you make.

And to add. I usually get 5-6 hours sleep a night. Sometimes less. Any more than 6 and I am over tired and sluggish most of the day....

Calling wolf tickets on the bold.

• Like 3

Calling wolf tickets on the bold.

No sir. been this way for a long time. During the week. Usually in bed after the 11pm SC. Then up at 5:30 am every morning. 

Everyone is different though. Like the wife, she needs minimum 7-8 hours sleep. And take a 20 minute power nap at work while on lunch...  

• Like 2

a 20 min power nap can do wonders if you get hit with that dip in energy.

Naps are interesting. I have also read that you can't "make up" sleep that you missed. In theory the less sleep you get, the less your body repairs itself (including the brain, which cleans up neuro toxins in the brain during REM.

Naps are a waste of time IMO.

Naps are for children.

I still know adults that nap. 

Generally speaking, they are far lazier individuals who lack motivation and ambition.

Edited by -COLE-
  • Like 1

ame="2014" post="3908138" timestamp="1429630153"]

a 20 min power nap can do wonders if you get hit with that dip in energy.[\quote]

Naps are interesting. I have also read that you can't "make up" sleep that you missed. In theory the less sleep you get, the less your body repairs itself (including the brain, which cleans up neuro toxins in the brain during REM.

Naps are a waste of time IMO.

I still know adults that nap.

Generally speaking, they are far lazier individuals who lack motivation and ambition.

quite the contrary homie....

There have been many studies showing the benefit of napping : creativity, increased mental performance, renewed energy, improved memory  and more i can't think of off the top of my head.

There have been many studies showing the benefit of napping : creativity, increased mental performance, renewed energy, improved memory  and more i can't think of off the top of my head.

Naps are for beta adults, such as yourself, so I am not surprised one bit that you partake in them.

Do you support yourself for a living?

• Like 2

Stressing over what?

Stress can have a huge impact on sleep from my experience.

Wise words homie, def agree. 

Just been a tough week with this chick I been talking too and some extra work that I didn't expect.

• Like 1

I am going to have to read up on napping more. 

The problem I usually have with naps are this:

I am too busy/stressed to sleep a full 8 hours. I simply don't have the time or (lack of) energy to sleep during a busy and chaotic day.

lol. its not a daily activity. Never said it was. But when you're groggy as **** no caffeine in the world will do better than a quick 20 min power nap. Do that **** when you get home from work and you'll be solid for the evening ahead.

If I were go to sleep when I got home from work, I would be asleep for a solid 8 hours and be up early as chit and it would totally throw my sleeping schedule off.

In my experience, I feel like **** after waking up from a nap, because the reason I fell asleep in the first place was because I didn't get enough sleep the night before.

• Like 1

I am going to have to read up on napping more. 

The problem I usually have with naps are this:

I am too busy/stressed to sleep a full 8 hours. I simply don't have the time or (lack of) energy to sleep during a busy and chaotic day.

it seems like you need that, especially if you're not getting enough sleep. 

I understand it could be hard to find time on those busy days, but 20 mins to be refreshed is well worth finding it.

That said, if you got other **** going on it may not be as effective. Stress could be a real m'fer when it comes to getting any good sleep.

Edited by 2014's_Welcher_of_the_Year

If I were go to sleep when I got home from work, I would be asleep for a solid 8 hours and be up early as chit and it would totally throw my sleeping schedule off.

In my experience, I feel like **** after waking up from a nap, because the reason I fell asleep in the first place was because I didn't get enough sleep the night before.

I can't take naps either. If i go to sleep for 20 minutes and try to function after that forget it. Cant do it. 

• Like 1

Timing is everything and you wont get that "i want to just stay sleeping" feeling. Has to do with the multiple stages of sleep. When im tired and set it for 20 im alert as could be when i wake up.