Sydney NSW - under siege by flash floods

OzPride

yeah its pretty crazy here at the moment. im on the second floor of an apartment block on an elevated street, still have power so my place is sweet, but getting to work today and yesterday has been a nightmare. im 4kms away and what is usually a cruisey 10 min drive in traffic took an hour.

Flooding all round, trees down everywhere, and no traffic lights. SES going to need all the help they can get.

• Like 5

lol, this has just beasted the storm of '99' from the look of things

They reckon the winds got up to 135km in some places, basically a catagory 2 cyclone hitting sydney. I was living down the coast in 99 so I cant make a direct comparison, but I moved back up here in 02 and Its the strongest storm ive seen since then

• Like 3

They reckon the winds got up to 135km in some places, basically a catagory 2 cyclone hitting sydney. I was living down the coast in 99 so I cant make a direct comparison, but I moved back up here in 02 and Its the strongest storm ive seen since then

yeah 99 wasn't long but the destruction laid out in a couple of hours was pretty boss.  I watched from my balcony as some dude parked his car under a tree to stop it getting smashed by hailstones only for half the tree to break off and total his car, lol.  This has been raging on a while though

Edited by crangs
  • Like 3

yeah its pretty crazy here at the moment. im on the second floor of an apartment block on an elevated street, still have power so my place is sweet, but getting to work today and yesterday has been a nightmare. im 4kms away and what is usually a cruisey 10 min drive in traffic took an hour.

Flooding all round, trees down everywhere, and no traffic lights. SES going to need all the help they can get.

Well we're due for 100-150 ml in our farming regions this weekend, which shifts basically straight to Sydney and grows when it meets the easterly, that's Thursday/Friday in SA so it's gonna get worse on the weekend!

I'm gonna be pissed if they call for interstate CFS/SES and call us up..

• Like 2

Well we're due for 100-150 ml in our farming regions this weekend, which shifts basically straight to Sydney and grows when it meets the easterly, that's Thursday/Friday in SA so it's gonna get worse on the weekend!

I'm gonna be pissed if they call for interstate CFS/SES and call us up..

yeah up in the mountains they got 300ml overnight. A house got swept straight off its foundations. Last i heard 3 dead 200000 homes without power and nearly 9000 SES calls. if it does get worse then id say you'll be In for a busy one next week.

• Like 2

yeah up in the mountains they got 300ml overnight. A house got swept straight off its foundations. Last i heard 3 dead 200000 homes without power and nearly 9000 SES calls. if it does get worse then id say you'll be In for a busy one next week.

that's a br00tal amount of rain overnight

• Like 2

yeah 99 wasn't long but the destruction laid out in a couple of hours was pretty boss.  I watched from my balcony as some dude parked his car under a tree to stop it getting smashed by hailstones only for half the tree to break off and total his car, lol.  This has been raging on a while though

There is always an idiot who thinks parking under a tree in a storm is a good idea lol

• Like 2

Holy chit

That looks bad

Yeah reading it back good photos isnt the best choice of words, its genuinely very scary for a lot of people right now.

Its calmed down a bit now, so hopefully the emergency services can get to where they need to be

• Like 1