Diego "Delusional" Sanchez dropping to 145. Looks to make history and win the featherweight title

PlatinumClegg

LOL dude nearly kills himself making lightweight.  Might be the first UFC fighter to die via weight cut.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/04/diego-sanchez-plans-featherweight-move-eyes-guida-lamas-mcgregor-and-ufc-history

Wanting to fight McGregor is a death wish for this punch drunk robot but he'll never make it that far.  Guida or Lamas will beat him at featherweight.

• Like 9

Florian did it.

Florian at his heaviest and fat as hell was 182 for the TUF 1 finale.  Florian in good shape was about 166-168 and he looked like Death eating a cracker for his two featherweight fights.

Diego is the slowest guy at lightweight by a mile and his stand up is robotic/terrible.  He can't throw a proper jab, cross, hook, uppercut or overhand.  He couldn't beat a single ranked featherweight and considering he's missed weight at lightweight I doubt he even gets close to featherweight.  I would imagine around 150 he's going to stop sweating and his body will shut down on him which will force him to rehydrate and miss the featherweight mark by 10+ pounds.

• Like 4

Pressure wrestlers are Canor's kryptonite bro. And brazillians with power of course

Except Canchez couldn't wrestle his way out of a paper bag these days.  Brazilians with power at featherweight don't exist.

Aldo will be the first death in the octagon and Canchez the first death on the scales.  You're delusional m3.

• Like 2

Except Canchez couldn't wrestle his way out of a paper bag these days. Brazilians with power at featherweight don't exist.

Aldo will be the first death in the octagon and Canchez the first death on the scales. You're delusional m3.

I'll get Carn to prepare a special room in the cottage for you bro, you and WTG can take turns crying in the shower after Vitor crushes Flukeman, I'm sure he'll still be there when Canor is destroyed :) Edited by Ozpride
  • Like 2

I'll get Carn to prepare a special room in the cottage for you bro, you and WTG can take turns crying in the shower after Vitor loses, I'm sure he'll still be there when Canor is destroyed :)

After Vitor loses?  lol yeah he's going to lose and I highly doubt either of us will be crying about it you goddamn idiot.

Aldo gets smoked and you know it.  Step up if you think otherwise.

• Like 4

After Vitor loses? lol yeah he's going to lose and I highly doubt either of us will be crying about it you goddamn idiot.

Aldo gets smoked and you know it. Step up if you think otherwise.

Lol sheeeyit am slightly ripped atm my bad haha.. fixed ;)

If anything you need to reserve a month at Carn's cottage after Lombard failing for roids. Weidman absolutely crushing Juicefort and McGregor completely taking over the game.

LomGOAT is coming back. Weedcan will probably win yeah fair enough. He COULD very well get KTFO though, it's not impossible.

Canor, however, has zero chance. He gets outstruck, overpowered, and choked the **** out if he's not saved by the ref. There's simply no other way that fight could possibly go.

LomGOAT is coming back. Weedcan will probably win yeah fair enough. He COULD very well get KTFO though, it's not impossible.

Canor, however, has zero chance. He gets outstruck, overpowered, and choked the **** out if he's not saved by the ref. There's simply no other way that fight could possibly go.

Yeah... your jimmies will be shattered the night of July 11th if Aldo even makes it to the cage.  He's ducked 3 stateside fights during his UFC career and hasn't finished anyone except Mendes who was strictly a wrestler at the time.  Aldo had to grab the cage to avoid getting thrown for 5 and Mendes beat that river ape stupid in the rematch.  Take away Aldo's illegal 1 2 after the 1st round was over and he loses to a bantamweight with a 65 inch reach.  Little bastard is shrinking now that drug testing is getting amped up.  His trainer is on record saying that fighter's should be allowed to use PED's so that we get better fights... LOL

Edited by CorporalClegg209
  • Like 2

Yeah... your jimmies will be shattered the night of July 11th if Aldo even makes it to the cage. He's ducked 3 stateside fights during his UFC career and hasn't finished anyone except Mendes who was strictly a wrestler at the time. Aldo had to grab the cage to avoid getting thrown for 5 and Mendes beat that river ape stupid in the rematch. Take away Aldo's illegal 1 2 after the 1st round was over and he loses to a bantamweight with a 65 inch reach. Little bastard is shrinking now that drug testing is getting amped up. His trainer is on record saying that fighter's should be allowed to use PED's so that we get better fights... LOL

You seem too smart generally to swallow the Canor wolf tix bro.. I honestly don't get where this nonsense comes from

You are wrong. It is impossible for Weidman to lose

You seem too smart generally to swallow the Canor wolf tix bro.. I honestly don't get where this nonsense comes from

You seem too stupid to think McGregor will get finished by someone who can't finish Hominick (KZ knocked him out in 6 seconds) and couldn't legit finish KZ (knocked out by George Roop LOL) and couldn't finish Lamas who Mendes folded up in 2 minutes.  Who has Aldo finished in the UFC?

These roiding Brazilians are finished and although Aldo is only 28 years old he's been in a lot of 5 round wars lately.  He's shop worn and overrated.  Flat footed river ape with good leg kicks... wow I'm supposed to believe he will not only beat but finish McGregor?  The leg kicks will be a non factor against a bigger southpaw that hits twice as hard.

• Like 4

You seem too stupid to think McGregor will get finished by someone who can't finish Hominick (KZ knocked him out in 6 seconds) and couldn't legit finish KZ (knocked out by George Roop LOL) and couldn't finish Lamas who Mendes folded up in 2 minutes.  Who has Aldo finished in the UFC?

These roiding Brazilians are finished and although Aldo is only 28 years old he's been in a lot of 5 round wars lately.  He's shop worn and overrated.  Flat footed river ape with good leg kicks... wow I'm supposed to believe he will not only beat but finish McGregor?  The leg kicks will be a non factor against a bigger southpaw that hits twice as hard.

Lol

Rustle me this

• Like 1

Yeah... your jimmies will be shattered the night of July 11th if Aldo even makes it to the cage. He's ducked 3 stateside fights during his UFC career and hasn't finished anyone except Mendes who was strictly a wrestler at the time. Aldo had to grab the cage to avoid getting thrown for 5 and Mendes beat that river ape stupid in the rematch. Take away Aldo's illegal 1 2 after the 1st round was over and he loses to a bantamweight with a 65 inch reach. Little bastard is shrinking now that drug testing is getting amped up. His trainer is on record saying that fighter's should be allowed to use PED's so that we get better fights... LOL

Take away Aldo's illegal1-2 and he still wins 48-47 x3

• Like 2

Diego is at that difficult point in his career where fighters at 170 are just too big for him, and anyone decent at 155 or 145 can just run laps around him for 3 or 5 rounds. He is still tough enough to hang in there and have an entertaining scrap. Unfortunately, his greatest asset was his cardio and relentless pace. In recent years, that simply hasn't been as effective for him.

I look at this situation as being very similar to B.J. Penn at the end of his career. Welterweights could bully him, and Lightweights kept up a pace that he couldn't match. Cutting even lower almost came off as a desperation tactic. The reality is, most guys at featherweight are faster and have better cardio than 155ers. It was a disastrous move for Penn, and B.J. was a far superior fighter than Diego. I see Diego Sanchez losing some more and calling it a career. Hopefully he can at least put on a few good shows before hanging up the gloves for the last time.

• Like 4

Diego is at that difficult point in his career where fighters at 170 are just too big for him, and anyone decent at 155 or 145 can just run laps around him for 3 or 5 rounds. He is still tough enough to hang in there and have an entertaining scrap. Unfortunately, his greatest asset was his cardio and relentless pace. In recent years, that simply hasn't been as effective for him.

I look at this situation as being very similar to B.J. Penn at the end of his career. Welterweights could bully him, and Lightweights kept up a pace that he couldn't match. Cutting even lower almost came off as a desperation tactic. The reality is, most guys at featherweight are faster and have better cardio than 155ers. It was a disastrous move for Penn, and B.J. was a far superior fighter than Diego. I see Diego Sanchez losing some more and calling it a career. Hopefully he can at least put on a few good shows before hanging up the gloves for the last time.

this is true, i would rather see him fight guys in a similar position to him like maynard, joe riggs rematch, josh koscheck rematch joe lauzon etc than him dropping down and trying to take on the lions of the division. Its only going to lead to embarrassment

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 1

Some guys want to solve the problem cutting more weight instead of improving their game, simple as that.

Roids rumor aside, RDA improved his game and became the champ and with all honesty, if he keeps on this road, he will be on the top of the division for a long time (not necessarily with the bu always there on the top 3).

Diego actually got a lot of potential still at 155 but needs to make adjustments on his game, thats all.

WTG finna go to war over this post.

Probably not, he and I have done this dance before. We both know where we stand on the issue.

sadly enough, he's probably right. Diego is a shell of his former self now, he's become really slow and can't even rely on his cardio anymore to win fights. there might be a couple good fights out there for him at 145 but its still a terrible move, he needs to retire soon. 

that being said i will still NEVER miss a diego sanchez fight, similar to shogun; both are two of the toughest and most exciting fighters around but their time fighting is up.

• Like 4

sadly enough, he's probably right. Diego is a shell of his former self now, he's become really slow and can't even rely on his cardio anymore to win fights. there might be a couple good fights out there for him at 145 but its still a terrible move, he needs to retire soon. 

that being said i will still NEVER miss a diego sanchez fight, similar to shogun; both are two of the toughest and most exciting fighters around but their time fighting is up.

Congratulations on reaching the fifth stage, mate.

• Like 5

Change your av CorporalWelch209

I was never apart of that group bet.  Find a post where it says sign me up for team Pacman.  There's one post in there before the fight saying I hate Floyd but he will win fairly easily.

Now **** off troll.

Edited by CorporalClegg209

I was never apart of that group bet. Find a post where it says sign me up for team Pacman. There's one post in there before the fight saying I hate Floyd but he will win fairly easily.

Now **** off troll.

PoorperalPleb911 more like it

Some guys want to solve the problem cutting more weight instead of improving their game, simple as that.

Roids rumor aside, RDA improved his game and became the champ and with all honesty, if he keeps on this road, he will be on the top of the division for a long time (not necessarily with the bu always there on the top 3).

Diego actually got a lot of potential still at 155 but needs to make adjustments on his game, thats all.

Diego's window for making improvements and staying relevant closed around 5 years ago. Since then he's just been a punch drunk can who seems to think it's fun getting brootalized.

• Like 1

You've really fallen off m3. Don't worry Lombard will fight again when he's nearly 40 and off the roids he will absolutely suck. Just hop off the train before his suspension is over.

Mate he'll be back bodying American plebs in no time :) not hopping off just yet