UK General election thread

Bubba_Sparks

We're voting for a new president today.  Main choices are between Margaret Thatcher (a fascist), and Tony Blair (a communist).  Excitingly, we may have absolutely no idea who is in charge of the country any time soon due to a proliferation of lefties, nationalist parties and tree-hugger parties and one or two more fascist parties leading to something we call a "Hung parliament" (not well-hung I'm afraid JBJF)

Personally, I'm going to vote to save the planet.  War me.

This thread is for the millions, AND MILLIONS of posters who are fascinated by the UK general election.  I for one will be pulling an all-nighter to watch the votes roll in.  See you on the other side.

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 5

also

Confirmed UKIP voter.  Cheers Mate

1409959005359_wps_21_Nigel_Farage_Leader

:lol:

Lol. I'm the opposite end of the spectrum mate, although I do like a lot of what old Farage says (and despise the rest...)

I think you're right though, it could be a right old mess. The second most popular party could end up in power with a party that most of Britan can't even vote for...

• Like 2

Lol. I'm the opposite end of the spectrum mate, although I do like a lot of what old Farage says (and despise the rest...)

I think you're right though, it could be a right old mess. The second most popular party could end up in power with a party that most of Britan can't even vote for...

I'll be **** off if they sell out to SNP at the expense of the rest of the UK

• Like 2

On Farage.  He's an intelligent man and some of the stuff he says has a lot of merit but he also says some things that are very dangerous.  The leaders of the other parties really **** up when they had the debate and spent the whole time trying to score cheap points by attempting to discredit him.  The lack of any solid policy thrown up by any of them probably pushed more voters to UKIP.

• Like 1

On Farage.  He's an intelligent man and some of the stuff he says has a lot of merit but he also says some things that are very dangerous.  The leaders of the other parties really **** up when they had the debate and spent the whole time trying to score cheap points by attempting to discredit him.  The lack of any solid policy thrown up by any of them probably pushed more voters to UKIP.

Agree.  The two main parties are also now so close that people get pushed to the extremes.

I've found the whole campaign pretty negative tbh honest; the only plus point is that I haven't seen the BNP on screen for a single second.

I'll be **** off if they sell out to SNP at the expense of the rest of the UK

This is currently the betting favourite!  Sturgeon is a dangerous woman...

• Like 2

Agree.  The two main parties are also now so close that people get pushed to the extremes.

I've found the whole campaign pretty negative tbh honest; the only plus point is that I haven't seen the BNP on screen for a single second.

BNP is still a thing???  lol

I don't mind Scotland having their own say on Scottish matters but the fact they'll also want a say on the rest of the UK rustles me.

• Like 2

Voted and treating myself to a cooked breakfast as reward

It ain't easy being green

That cooked breakfast was thoroughly well deserved.

I'll take a stroll along the river to the local polling booth and cast my largely meaningless vote later (tories have an 18,500 majority in my neck of the woods so they're somewhat of a shoe in)

• Like 2

That cooked breakfast was thoroughly well deserved.

I'll take a stroll along the river to the local polling booth and cast my largely meaningless vote later (tories have an 18,500 majority in my neck of the woods so they're somewhat of a shoe in)

no vote is meaningless if you are voting for what you believe in mate, the more people start voting for what represents their political beliefs rather than to stop a party getting in the more chance we have of a better representation

• Like 2

i watch the lunchtime political show the other day and they actually had a guy from the BNP!!!!!!!!!  Andrew just shouted at him for 5 minutes and he left lol

• Like 2

no vote is meaningless if you are voting for what you believe in mate, the more people start voting for what represents their political beliefs rather than to stop a party getting in the more chance we have of a better representation

I totally agree with that. For that reason, the greens will get my vote.

I ain't going to have a green MP any time soon mind - not until we change our political system.

• Like 2

I totally agree with that. For that reason, the greens will get my vote.

I ain't going to have a green MP any time soon mind - not until we change our political system.

the fact that the leaders debate was a 7 party affair this year shows we are making some progress IMHO and long may it continue

i live in a Tory town that briefly flirted with Labour.   wonder why Crawley has such a tremendous reputation :P

• Like 2

the fact that the leaders debate was a 7 party affair this year shows we are making some progress IMHO and long may it continue

i live in a Tory town that briefly flirted with Labour.   wonder why Crawley has such a tremendous reputation :P

Colchester is a lib dem town and at this rate Sir Bob Russell might be the only lib dem MP, lol :lol:

• Like 1

bless him, the may have to build a stature for him outside LibDem headquarters :P

lol, Lib Dems had 8% in the polls, UKIP 13%.  I think the only thing stopping UKIP getting so much seats is their support is spread throughout the country where as Lib Dem support is focused in bigger clusters in certain areas

lol, Lib Dems had 8% in the polls, UKIP 13%.  I think the only thing stopping UKIP getting so much seats is their support is spread throughout the country where as Lib Dem support is focused in bigger clusters in certain areas

I heard that LibDem councils were pretty good mind, are they|?

I heard that LibDem councils were pretty good mind, are they|?

I can't complain too much.  Doesn't matter where you go in the world though, there's always some **** unhappy with the government wether it be parish, local, county or national.  

• Like 1

I think we're all missing the burning issue: Which station will you watch the results on - BBC, ITV, C4 or Sky?

I'm a Dimbleby (and Sophie Reyworth) man, but C4 has a strong line up.  Tricky....

C4 does have a strong line up but I'll take SOA on netflix if it's all the same...

• Like 1

I think we're all missing the burning issue: Which station will you watch the results on - BBC, ITV, C4 or Sky?

I'm a Dimbleby (and Sophie Reyworth) man, but C4 has a strong line up.  Tricky....

i got the wine in the fridge and was just wondering myself.   i usually stick with the BBC and SKY, flick between the 2.   who have C4 got?

When do they first normally announce the results when the elections are over for you guys?

when they have counted every vote

each polling station puts their tally thru to the main counting offfice and as soon as the final number has been sent they are totalled and then the result announced 

Edited by fobar
  • Like 1

We're voting for a new president today.  Main choices are between Margaret Thatcher (a fascist), and Tony Blair (a communist).  Excitingly, we may have absolutely no idea who is in charge of the country any time soon due to a proliferation of lefties, nationalist parties and tree-hugger parties and one or two more fascist parties leading to something we call a "Hung parliament" (not well-hung I'm afraid JBJF)

Personally, I'm going to vote to save the planet.  War me.

This thread is for the millions, AND MILLIONS of posters who are fascinated by the UK general election.  I for one will be pulling an all-nighter to watch the votes roll in.  See you on the other side.

You guys are voting for a communist?

communist-you-better-quit-that-shit.jpg

• Like 2

Aren't you an illegal immigrant?

Home depot is that way homie.

lel, turns out I've been here long enough to vote.  Got the voting card through the post and everything...

Edited by crangs
  • Like 3

Looks like ham to me m8.

Yeah, most places do back or shoulder bacon and not so much streaky.  Don't crisp that **** up either

Edited by crangs
  • Like 1

That's commie talk son.

I'm finna make some brinner later with proper bacon.

When bacon is the big talking point of election day then you come to realise bacon is indeed the **** and could be a solid running platform for election

Edited by crangs
  • Like 3

**** burgers this morning, Bacon this evening.  I h8 this forum sometimes.  Now i'm gonna have to get me some treacle bacon on the way home tomorrow to go with the BFO burgers i'll be having for dinner

You can't expect an athlete like fobar to eat streaky bacon.  He's eating back bacon.  It's a version for non-obese nations.

Nevertheless, that is clearly bacon and not ham.  Who the heck has ham for breakfast?? Apart from of course those garlic-eating surrender monkeys in France.

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 1