Captain America Civil War

Jolldan

Ok so I am still recovering from the sheer epicness of the Avengers Age of Ultron and marvel have started production on Civil War.

However Civil War might be as well be renamed The Avengers 3 with the amount of star power that will be involved.

Here’s who’s returning, plus the new players, along with their rumored roles:

• Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America
  • Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
  • Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
  • Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier
  • Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon
  • Paul Bettany as The Vision
  • Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye
  • Don Cheadle as Jim Rhodes/War Machine
  • Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
  • Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man
  • Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa/Black Panther
  • Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter/Agent 13
  • Daniel Brühl who recently revealed he’ll be playing Baron Helmut Zemo (but Marvel does not confirm this in the press release)
  • Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones
  • William Hurt as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross
  • Martin Freeman rumoured to be playing Everett K. Ross

There is also the potential for Spiderman who is not yet cast to appear in the credits scene.

So who's excited for Civil War

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 2

Never read the comics but hoping a lot of secondary characters get killed off tbh. Their's been how many movies and the only reoccurring characters that have died were Coulson, Loki, Jarvis and it turns out none of them were dead. Hoping for a massacre ala Revenge of Sith.

• Like 2

Someone will have to die for the story to be meaningful but I doubt this will end up bearing much resemblance to the comics its based off. 

One thing I really hope they do right (but doubt will end up in the movie at all) is the events that kicked off civil war in the comics. Basically the New Warriors, a group of c list superheros get a reality show, and while trying to take down a villian who is essentially a walking bomb, Nitro, get blown the **** up along with a whole ****load of people, leading to the registration act.

If you've read the comics and know the ending, following that story line would make Avengers 3, complicated.

• Like 2

Yep, click edit, then click "full editor". 

Then you can change the title.

Much thanks man that was going to annoy me as well lol

Someone will have to die for the story to be meaningful but I doubt this will end up bearing much resemblance to the comics its based off. 

One thing I really hope they do right (but doubt will end up in the movie at all) is the events that kicked off civil war in the comics. Basically the New Warriors, a group of c list superheros get a reality show, and while trying to take down a villian who is essentially a walking bomb, Nitro, get blown the **** up along with a whole ****load of people, leading to the registration act.

If you've read the comics and know the ending, following that story line would make Avengers 3, complicated.

I cant find it now but I have already read an article that they have pretty much said it will greatly differ from its comic counterpart.

How the registration act is introduced im still not sure I definitely think there will be a death.

Cap is the favourite just because Evans has made it quite clear he wants to hang up the shield.

Hawkeye would be more of a contender just because they actually worked on his character through Avengers 2.

Rhodey/Falcon if it is either one of these I will actually be quite annoyed as even though I like both they aren't the most important characters.

• Like 2

I could be wrong, but I think Nitro blew up a preschool/elementary school.

• Like 2

Psyched to see Chadwick Boseman play T'Challa/Black Panther.  He had an interesting story in the Avengers Assemble series.

yeah that should be good like.

Hopefully Serkis will be back as Klaw I just really hope they go for a sonic sound gun or something simpler like that rather than him being living sound which I really think wont work.

• Like 1

yeah that should be good like.

Hopefully Serkis will be back as Klaw I just really hope they go for a sonic sound gun or something simpler like that rather than him being living sound which I really think wont work.

I'm also curious who the primary antagonist be for the Black Panther.  In Avengers Assemble cartoons, it was M'Baku as the Man-Ape from the White Gorilla tribe (aka HNIC's family).  Klaw helped aid M'Baku overthrow the Black Panther tribe initially with the sonic sound gun.

• Like 1

I'm also curious who the primary antagonist be for the Black Panther.  In Avengers Assemble cartoons, it was M'Baku as the Man-Ape from the White Gorilla tribe (aka HNIC's family).  Klaw helped aid M'Baku overthrow the Black Panther tribe initially with the sonic sound gun.

Yeah Klaw would be good because he's part of Panther's world but I want someone else rather than Hydra pulling the strings.

I haven't seen the Winter Soldier yet but yes, I'm excited. 

Highly recommend man I wasn't the biggest fan of the first Captain America but this one is ten times better one of the best Marvel has taken out.

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 2

Yeah Klaw would be good because he's part of Panther's world but I want someone else rather than Hydra pulling the strings.

Highly recommend man I wasn't the biggest fan of the first Captain America but this one is ten times better one of the best Marvel has taken out.

Oh yeah, definitely agreed about Captain America: Winter Soldier.  Even with me knowing who the winter soldier was beforehand, I still enjoyed the movie greatly.

The only thing that caught me as unbelievable in that movie was when GSP was trying to strike with Captain America.  Clearly fake since GSP only goes for takedowns and lays there.

• Like 1

Could be because there is plans to maybe do World War Hulk  or Planet Hulk ?  

Civil war Captain America gets shot in the head..

Seige is when all hell breaks loose...

I don't think so.  They didn't want to do an origin or solo Hulk movie even though he has a few good antagonists. 

• Like 2

Oh yeah, definitely agreed about Captain America: Winter Soldier.  Even with me knowing who the winter soldier was beforehand, I still enjoyed the movie greatly.

The only thing that caught me as unbelievable in that movie was when GSP was trying to strike with Captain America.  Clearly fake since GSP only goes for takedowns and lays there.

I knew it was a fake GSP right away since he made it too the fight without an ACL tear

• Like 3

Could be because there is plans to maybe do World War Hulk  or Planet Hulk ?  

Civil war Captain America gets shot in the head..

Seige is when all hell breaks loose...

nah, from what ive heard theres no plans to do a Hulk movie (yet.) They already have their lineup set through May 2019.

Ultron spoiler:

At the end he runs off by himself in the stealth plane for a reason. He needs to go away because he's afraid of causing more destruction which likely ties into why he wont be in civil war

Its hard to do a hulk movie either way. To have a protagonist consistently want to fight against something the viewers want to see happen. He's def best as a supporting character. 

I will say its not impossible to do a great hulk movie, but it will take something and someone really special to pull it off.

Edited by Pigs_on_the_Wing
  • Like 2

The main reason there is no plans for a Hulk film just now is because Universal still own the rights to Hulk solo films. Rumour is that they are in the process of trying to get them back.

I know, I know it makes no sense to me either how he can be in 2 or 3 marvel movies but he can't have his own

• Like 1

The main reason there is no plans for a Hulk film just now is because Universal still own the rights to Hulk solo films. Rumour is that they are in the process of trying to get them back.

I know, I know it makes no sense to me either how he can be in 2 or 3 marvel movies but he can't have his own

lol what?

thats not true.

Marvel Studios did the last standalone Hulk film with Norton. 

They have 100% creative control with the Hulk.

The only guy Universal has is Namor.

Edited by Pigs_on_the_Wing
  • Like 1