skillandpower

Who would be Next at 205 Title Shot ?!

Funny how nobody is really talking much about this!

Lets say Jones stays away for 3 years (which is totally possible at this point) or better yet lets just say he never comes back!

Who would be the next in line against AJ/DC winner ?! 

Real talk here!

Not who you WANT but who you think UFC will give the next shot and why ?

Both are irrelevant by popular demand... The division sucks till WeidemiGOD legitimizes it again. Not even GUS can lift the division out of it's destructive fall.

Yep, most likely.

In fact, I think Baders next fight will be already against AJ/DC winner.

Awesome we get to look forward to a SPIDER style champion in that division awesome. Nothing like a pampered champ borrowing the belt and all that jazz.

JJ hit DC so hard in the head he's got grammar problems look...  Great sparring today with the Champ Cain today. Or maybe it was a track meet because I was running away from all the pressure he brings lol. Feels so good to have him back....or does it. Al jokes aside things are going very well. I can't wait!   That's from his facebook post YO.    He's half brain dead like GUS  ready for RUMBLE to rock...  JJ softens those eggs up in the cranium region bro's.

if dc wins then i see gus being next

if johnson wins then i see glover

Are you joking?  Gus withdrew from a fight with Glover due to injury and has 1 win in his last 3 fights.  Glover is on a 2 fight losing streak.

Evans is ranked 4th on a 2 fight winning streak but has been inactive due to repeated injuries and Bader is ranked 5th on a 4 fight winning streak.  Rampage is ranked 9th and on a 4 fight winning streak over lesser competition but he arguably lost to Mo Lawal the only decent fighter he faced during that run.  If he could get a rematch with Bader that could determine a no.1 contender.

I can't see Gus getting it without at least having that fight with Glover rescheduled and winning and despite Glover beating Bader two years ago he would need to knock Gus out in order to justify a title shot.

If anyone gets it without taking another fight it seems like Bader would be the one.  If Rumble wins Evans has already said he won't fight him.  If DC wins I think Evans would want a tune up fight before going against Cormier in a 5 round fight since his last fight was November 2013.

• Like 4

Top 3 choices if Jones does look to be gone for a while I see Machida maybe moving back up.  

1. Bader
  2. Evans
  3. OSP
  • Like 4

UFC will beg Phil Davis to come back, especially if Rumble wins.

I'd love to see Phil get smashed from pillar to post again

• Like 1

tyrone.png

nah mate, now he will come for that HW strap because Jones is irrelevant 

Funny how nobody is really talking much about this!

Nobody is talking about it because Jones cleaned the division out.

He gets stripped and a couple of WC HWs are going at it for the pretend strap.

In the end though... Bader deserves next shot even if Jones were still champ.

Davis

OSP (who's doing well as of late himself)

Feijao

Perosh (lol i know)

pretty good standing last 4 fights.

I find it funny how Jones was literally 1 tough fight from clearing the division of all legitimate challengers...

• Like 1

If Bader gets a title shot, i'll retire from watching this organisation. 

He got a gift against Davis to put him in this position. OSP would kill him in a rematch you would suspect. Honestly, Bader is an awful fighter. 

• Like 1

He got a gift against Davis to put him in this position. OSP would kill him in a rematch you would suspect. Honestly, Bader is an awful fighter. 

He's the only guy towards the top that is active and on a win streak. There have been way worse contenders than Bader.

• Like 3

Um no, I wouldn't suspect that.

• Like 4

Rumble will be champ.

Contenders in line:

1) DC (fighting for title, lost twice in a row)

2) Bader. (Complete Can but still on an okay winning streak)

3) Gus (Dominated Jones but just lost badly to Rumble)

4) Glover (was on a good win streak but lost to jones and davis)

5) Rashad (definitely top contender but hasn't fought since cain and tj grant were still active)

6) OSP (lucky wins against shogun and Cummins doesn't really mean much)

7) CumGOAT (needs more wins)

8) shogun (needs to retire)

9) ??

10) ??

LHW might very well be more shallow than HW right now unless machida decides to come back

• Like 1

The LHW division NEEDS JoGOD back asap.

When plebs start throwing names like OSP and Ryan Badder for the next shot you know the division is dead.

People do not realize POPPA DOC graduated. JJ is no longer FAKE bro's he has street CRED's now. The division is worthless until he comes back and loses, or until another dominant man takes over and makes everyone forget about the newly designated FELON JJ.

LHW is looking very thin at the moment (obviously worse since Jones went)

At MW you have Belfort, Rockhold and Souza all with legitimate claims for a shot, plus several more up and comers on the fringes.

That list above at LHW is just depressing.  It's a threadbare division - a shame considering it's often referred to as the "marquee" division.

LHW is looking very thin at the moment (obviously worse since Jones went)

At MW you have Belfort, Rockhold and Souza all with legitimate claims for a shot, plus several more up and comers on the fringes.

That list above at LHW is just depressing.  It's a threadbare division - a shame considering it's often referred to as the "marquee" division.

Remember back when the SPIDER was the money maker and the division had no comp for a reason? Well flash forward to the new and improved cash cow JJ what do you think the UFC would do? History tells a story hiding paper trails never will.

Edited by PakaL

The least I want from a title challenger is that they have the ability to win. 

Taking that into consideration I don't care if Bader is on a 10 fight winning streak and Rashad|Gus| Machida are coming off losses...they are the better fighters. period. I don't want to see a circus job which it would be if Bader got a title shot. 

• Like 1

Top 3 choices if Jones does look to be gone for a while I see Machida maybe moving back up.  

1. Bader
  2. Evans
  3. OSP

Bold is exactly what I think Machida will do as I think he should.

Taking that into consideration I don't care if Bader is on a 10 fight winning streak and Rashad|Gus| Machida are coming off losses...they are the better fighters. period. I don't want to see a circus job which it would be if Bader got a title shot. 

Cormier and Rumble would both knock him out so don't stress over it too much.  

This ^

I really think UFC will give Bader the next shot (I hope they dont) but he is not in the same level of AJ, DC and names in bold.

Win streak sometimes means s*******

Some of you guys will hate for this but I dont mind seeing Gus getting a shot at AJ/DC winner! So he lost to AJ, so what ? On the other hand, he BEAT Jones ..... give Gus a rematch at AJ then!

• Like 1

Rumble will be champ.

Contenders in line:

1) DC (fighting for title, lost twice in a row)

2) Bader. (Complete Can but still on an okay winning streak)

3) Gus (Dominated Jones but just lost badly to Rumble)

4) Glover (was on a good win streak but lost to jones and davis)

5) Rashad (definitely top contender but hasn't fought since cain and tj grant were still active)

6) OSP (lucky wins against shogun and Cummins doesn't really mean much)

7) CumGOAT (needs more wins)

8) shogun (needs to retire)

9) ??

10) ??

LHW might very well be more shallow than HW right now unless machida decides to come back

I wouldnt mind seeing AJ/DC vs Machida (in case he beats Romero at 185 first).

Definitely not Bader. You know the LHW division is shallow when Bader is fighting for the title.

• Like 2

The upcoming fight might be so good there could be a rematch. I don't want to see Bader in there either. He needs at least a clear cut #1 contender fight first.

• Like 2

The upcoming fight might be so good there could be a rematch. I don't want to see Bader in there either. He needs at least a clear cut #1 contender fight first.

Agree. I just hope UFC doesnt give Bader a title shot already as his next fight! 

Gus vs Bader for #1 contender ?!

Agree. I just hope UFC doesnt give Bader a title shot already as his next fight! 

Gus vs Bader for #1 contender ?!

I say no to Gustaffson. There aren't a lot of options though. Rampage looked really good. Maybe a rematch with Rampage and Bader and if Bader wins, sure why not a title shot but if Rampage wins, he might need one more in the UFC.

I say no to Gustaffson. There aren't a lot of options though. Rampage looked really good. Maybe a rematch with Rampage and Bader and if Bader wins, sure why not a title shot but if Rampage wins, he might need one more in the UFC.

Is true GUS has to knock a few fools out first. YET he will and he will end up HOLDING the gold and making ZUFFAfloat toward sort of not in the cool sphere