Is Cain really the baddest man on the planet?

Belfort_The_Great_

Given say 1 years training in mma, could a athlete like Dwight howard beat Cain velasquez. Just look at the size difference, and with someone like Dwights natural athletic ability, I'm sure he could pick up mma pretty quick. I just couldn't see cain beating a guy like that if he dedicated himself to mma, just imagine the reach advantage alone. 

110513-UFC-Velasquez-NBA-Rockets-Howard-

A K-1 champion BJJ black-belt NCAA all-american Dwight Howard would've crushed anybody.

If basketball and football did not exist - super-humans like him would do MMA and the whole MMA landscape would look differently.

• Like 2

He's training for his fight that is scheduled for UFC 188 right now...

I know just sick of how long the guys been out I mean in another 4 and half months it would have been two years since his last fight hope this is a the good cardio machine Cain returning never know what he'll be like after being out so long.

A K-1 champion BJJ black-belt NCAA all-american Dwight Howard would've crushed anybody.

If basketball and football did not exist - super-humans like him would do MMA and the whole MMA landscape would look differently.

This is kind of my thinking on the subject. All the best big athletes get taken by football and basketball, if mma offered better pay I'm sure the heavyweight division would look a lot different, as top young big heavy athletes would see mma as a real option for a career.

This is kind of my thinking on the subject. All the best big athletes get taken by football and basketball, if mma offered better pay I'm sure the heavyweight division would look a lot different, as top young big heavy athletes would see mma as a real option for a career.

They still have to come to terms with getting punched in the face instead of putting a ball through a hoop

• Like 3

Doesn't this go for... everybody? Duh.

Yes but assuming all the big black NBA guys would just convert and dominate the sport if there was more money in it isn't right. There would need to be significantly more in it than the NBA AND they'd have to accept brain damage, much harder physical and mental training. NBA players make a **** ton of money, how much more do most of them really need to where the drawbacks of MMA would be worth it?

Why isn't boxing filled with these super athletes where if you're good money you can make Floyd Mayweather money?

Yes but assuming all the big black NBA guys would just convert

Who's assuming that, lol?!? That's the stupidest assumption ever.

Imagine that NOT ALL 5'6"-6'0"/140-210lbs athletes go to MMA. But among these that do, there's plenty of super athletes.

• Like 1

More Basketball I think for a fighter.

So many guys I played rugby with who were complete monsters on the field went and did mma mainly for the birds I think haha. The truth was though they all got destroyed naturally like everyone does to start with but I think I counted two maybe three that went back.  

When guys are good and boss people around the field in there own sport especially a heavy contact sport like American football/Rugby they are confident and look mean. And then when they go and get a lesson in real physicality they really don't like it.  There were a lot of very bruised ego's and legs at my old club for a few weeks :lol:

Edited by Jolldan

Howard can barely hang in basketball.

Does he play in the games he's paid to play in? Or has his career been sort of like cains? You know showing up for 20% of the season games to only be good for 5 % of play off ones? Those stats alone put howard on another level than a cripple.

Is Cain the baddest man on the planet......

If your a taco or a burritto I would be scared chittless of him....

But if your a fighter or a regular guy..no...I wouldnt even be scared to smash that fool...  he would never make it to the fight anyways.... Glass bodied CAN.

• Like 6

Look how the klitschko brothers have dominated the boxing heavyweight division for so long. It's all about their size, if they had the same skills they do, but was say only 6ft 2", do you really think they would have been so dominant? 

They suck point fighters suck regardless of country of origin cultural differences etc ect.

Look how the klitschko brothers have dominated the boxing heavyweight division for so long. It's all about their size, if they had the same skills they do, but was say only 6ft 2", do you really think they would have been so dominant? 

the HW division ****ing SUCKS lol  thats why they have dominated

• Like 1

Like ANY sport there is more to it than just being an athlete or skilled.

IMO one of the biggest assets that is never mentioned is the ability to mislead or fool your opponent.Think of it like a stick handling move to deke out a player or goalie in hockey.Or think of it as a head deke to fool your opponent with direction.

We often used to see Nick throw his arms in the air then try to quickly sneak in a jab.The same deception idea goes behind the Superman punch.Often times a fighter does something meaningless just to open up his opponent for a dangerous hold.

I learned about deception when i was young and used it to beat bigger more skilled athletes at every sport level.Of course there is always a limit to your deception,another smart fighter will be doing the same thing to you and have an easier time figuring out what your up to.

Is there anything more famous than the ALI rope a dope?He was deceiving his opponent,getting his opponent to tire himself out.

You add SPEED and cardio to deception you have the formula for a VERY tough fighter to beat.

I have been a long time fan of GSP as many are but imo he is not a smart fighter,not the dumbest but with his athleticism and skill he SHOULD have been far more dominant,even at higher weight divisions the way Royce was back in the day.

Royce beat guys with skill+smarts,he was imo the first to sue that Jon Jones knee kick,i have still only seen those two use it.

Chris Weidman is an example of a very smart fighter,he lacks a tad deception and cardio but he is close.

Edited by zaksame
  • Like 1

IMO one of the biggest assets that is never mentioned is the ability to mislead or fool your opponent.Think of it like a stick handling move to deke out a player or goalie in hockey.Or think of it as a head deke to fool your opponent with direction.

We often used to see Nick throw his arms in the air then try to quickly sneak in a jab.The same deception idea goes behind the Superman punch.Often times a fighter does something meaningless just to open up his opponent for a dangerous hold.

I learned about deception when i was young and used it to beat bigger more skilled athletes at every sport level.Of course there is always a limit to your deception,another smart fighter will be doing the same thing to you and have an easier time figuring out what your up to.

Is there anything more famous than the ALI rope a dope?He was deceiving his opponent,getting his opponent to tire himself out.

You add SPEED and cardio to deception you have the formula for a VERY tough fighter to beat.

I have been a long time fan of GSP as many are but imo he is not a smart fighter,not the dumbest but with his athleticism and skill he SHOULD have been far more dominant,even at higher weight divisions the way Royce was back in the day.

Royce beat guys with skill+smarts,he was imo the first to sue that Jon Jones knee kick,i have still only seen those two use it.

Chris Weidman is an example of a very smart fighter,he lacks a tad deception and cardio but he is close.

I don't want to see ANY weight cutting.I have no respect for someone wearing a belt and NEVER actually fights at that claimed weight.I couldn't give two cahoots about some marketing weigh in show,that is NOT the fight and is imo meaningless.

We don't hand out recognition or belts for weigh ins.

I want to see the TRUE LEGIT factual champion at each weight division,not who can cheat the system the best.

I couldn't care less if that is how Wrestling or boxing does it. I also couldn't care less about Dana saving his card,get these fighters into legit weight classes or your sport is a sham just like wrestling and boxing.

Obviously at one time you could get away with size didn't matter because some big plug could be beat by any decently skilled fighter.However times have changed,MMA is huge and MANY larger fighters are very skilled.

LoL Way to contradict.

Edited by Druncle_Polo

This

i think werdum has a good chance of beating cain, its going to be a standup fight and werdum managed to stop mark hunt cains standup isnt great, hes a pressure guy who relies on his takedowns. Without the takedowns hes just another average striker

Edited by PunchBag