Sign in to follow this  
freddievanhalen3

Jon Anik and Kenny Florian

Kenny is terrible at commentating!  Wasn't it him with the ''look at them go they're like rock em sock em robots'' line used during Mir/Duffee fight?  He has used same line in other fights too or maybe it was Brian Stann but I think it was Kenny. 

Even worse - Dan Hardy!  Though I think they generally contain him to Euro events or Euro broadcasts.  No idea on criteria for ex fighter getting that commentator job???? = Can you talk fairly clearly so most can understand you & don't have too heavy an accent?  Ok you got the job!  

Edited by EvolveWay7

The best and most fitting commentary line I've ever heard came from Stephan Bonnar:

"HE RAN UP THE WALL LIKE A NINJA!!!"

• Like 5

I agree... Honestly Chael was pretty good to during his WSOF commentating 

I didn't see him do WSOF, but I watched the show he called with Jim Ross, and I quite enjoyed him.

• Like 1

The best and most fitting commentary line I've ever heard came from Stephan Bonnar:

"HE RAN UP THE WALL LIKE A NINJA!!!"

Did he, or did he not, run up the wall like a ninja? That's GOAT commentating on the fly, if you ask me.

• Like 2

Was that GFW?

No, him, and Jim Ross called an MMA show. It was some no-name promotion that did a one night tournament a while back.

• Like 1

Im not much of a fan of Joe Rogan either 

If I hear again "this is the best fight in blah blah history...", I'm gonna break my tv...

Edited by adrianmv2
  • Like 1

hardy is terrible at commentating, i dont dislike any of them but i do think that mauro is a better commentator than most. also that jimmy guy from bellator whilst he is abit like rogan hes a good commentator

Edited by PunchBag

hardy is terrible at commentating, i dont dislike any of them but i do think that mauro is a better commentator than most. also that jimmy guy from bellator whilst he is abit like rogan hes a good commentator

Dan Hardy?

I agree... Honestly Chael was pretty good to during his WSOF commentating 

I like Chael's commentating as well. Even when he was on fox sports for analysis I thought he did a great job.

Goldberg is horrible but I like him. I think it's more nostalgia based though.

Anik and Florian are ok but when I hear them I'm always reminded I'm watching a sub-par fight night card or something. 

• Like 2

I like Chael's commentating as well. Even when he was on fox sports for analysis I thought he did a great job.

Goldberg is horrible but I like him. I think it's more nostalgia based though.

Yea I just like how goldberg is just so confused the whole time 

• Like 2

Yea I just like how goldberg is just so confused the whole time 

haha amen, he really is. Have you ever seen the UFC game glitches. The guys imitating Rogan and Goldberg really capture his confusion. Here's a taste. There are 4 episodes but they were probably posted at some point here. Puts me in stitches every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMxB9Ve0fbw

• Like 2

haha amen, he really is. Have you ever seen the UFC game glitches. The guys imitating Rogan and Goldberg really capture his confusion. Here's a taste. There are 4 episodes but they were probably posted at some point here. Puts me in stitches every time.

LMFAO that was hysterical!! Lyoto wants no part of that invisible baby! Their impressions were pretty damn good.

Anyways, anik and Florian bug me, but I don't have hatred for them like I do mauro. I seriously want to watch him receive devastating injuries

LMFAO that was hysterical!! Lyoto wants no part of that invisible baby! Their impressions were pretty damn good.

Anyways, anik and Florian bug me, but I don't have hatred for them like I do mauro. I seriously want to watch him receive devastating injuries

They put me in stitches every time. Here's the other 3, they're freaking gold

• Like 1

lol that was awesome!