Sign in to follow this  
Ozpride

Oz's obligatory annual heatwave thread.

6 hours ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

Just a couple of fires in Australia right now

424030AB-EED0-4515-80E0-E50B4A978058.jpeg

the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire. we dont need no water let the mother fucker burn

burn mother fucker  burn

Edited by -idyb-

threefing it to poke at the aussies misfortune. now theyll understand our pain. last summer was like the first summer since 2014 where our whole damn province wasnt on fire.

Edited by -idyb-

8 hours ago, -idyb- said:

threefing it to poke at the aussies misfortune. now theyll understand our pain. last summer was like the first summer since 2014 where our whole damn province wasnt on fire.

I was relieved that I wasnt smoking all the trees through the summer. Unfortunately i was told it was an off year and i wont be so lucky this year.

Australia is taking a huge ecological hit the last couple years. The fires are destroying how much wildlife, burning down a huge swath. Then the Great Barrier Reef has taken a hit.

Hopefully the heat turns into rain and helps the firefighters.

3 hours ago, MoZZez said:

Australia is taking a huge ecological hit the last couple years. The fires are destroying how much wildlife, burning down a huge swath. Then the Great Barrier Reef has taken a hit.

Hopefully the heat turns into rain and helps the firefighters.

I'm one of them mate.  Have been out 30 hours a week the last three weeks in some pretty heavy stuff in SA.  nothing compared to NSW but none of it is good at all. Mind you,  it's nothing we haven't dealt with before.  We've been overdue a true megafire for decades now and when it's here all the general public idiots do is point fingers at each other on social media.  It's either the climate crisis or the stupid greens fault,  rather than getting together for realistic solutions. We just want to save people's houses and businesses from total destruction. 

Edited by Lord_Costas_number_one_fan
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

We just want to save people's houses and businesses from total destruction. 

ahh its just australia. what does it matter?

the whole continent is overgrown with animals and insects that will kill you.  this is just mother natures way of killing them with fire

Edited by -idyb-

i pray for the entire continent of australia that these forest fires avenge Steve Irwin and char broil all of the stingrays in the region

8 hours ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

I'm one of them mate.  Have been out 30 hours a week the last three weeks in some pretty heavy stuff in SA.  nothing compared to NSW but none of it is good at all. Mind you,  it's nothing we haven't dealt with before.  We've been overdue a true megafire for decades now and when it's here all the general public idiots do is point fingers at each other on social media.  It's either the climate crisis or the stupid greens fault,  rather than getting together for realistic solutions. We just want to save people's houses and businesses from total destruction. 

Didnt realize you were out helping with the fires*.

Stay safe Oz

Edited by MoZZez

1 minute ago, MoZZez said:

Didnt realize you were out helping with the forest.

Stay safe Oz

iin this case 'll be rooting for the fire

LETS GO FIRE!

GO FLAMES GO!

10 hours ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

I blame Greta personally. 

There are some truly shocking pictures coming out showing the scale of the devastation. Must be tough tough times. I know you don't believe in all that stuff but I'm praying for you personally and Australia as a whole. Stay safe out there mate. 

• Like 2

the trumpster should just put out all the fires with airstrikes.  maybe drop some nukes like he wanted to do with that hurricane

Edited by -idyb-

Honestly the technology we have of everybody having a HD camera in their pocket really doesn't help.  I don't know how tf these guys are getting these shots. My phone would melt if I pulled it out and I'd get destroyed by my 1ups if I stashed a phone amongst my ppe. 

I'm only a few years in the service and haven't done a huge amount of training given its voluntary so I'm mainly clearing or boundary fitting which is where we get in with bobcats and just try to smash out any overgrowth we can find and soak the absolute fook out of anything.  Not sure it even helps when it's this big.  

I've been on a place called (shut up you jerks lol)  'Kangaroo Island' (no that's not just Australia)  this week which is a small island (150x50km) of a few thousand locals who either farm,  retired or run tourism type businesses that's just been brutalized.  It's gone up before and at times worse than this but it's strange. The Aboriginals from this area abandoned this island,  calling it Karta which translates to "island of the dead" and I'd always joked that if a fire big enough ever took off here everyone would be fooked And they named it so because when they were burning off it overran them and burnt the place coast to coast.  

The Aboriginal people took fire management very seriously and kept amazing control of the environment for longer than anyone in history.  They'd burn off dried out bush (forest for you poms)  to instigate regrowth or kill invasive species. Planning that was mapped and planned out hundreds of years in advance.  For people who hadnt invented the wheel yet their environmental control was simply amazing when compared to today.  

A lot of my work takes me here and a heap of businesses I deal with have been destroyed but they'll rebuild.  

Honestly for me the hardest part to deal with is the sheer volume of animals we're seeing caught up in the cleanup.  We're driving through these areas that have already gone up just to check for any more fuel (once a place has been overrun to a point the temp would melt our equipment we let it burn out)  and there's just thousands of burnt roos, emus,  sheep all trapped in fences.  The gallows humour is next level.  Country boys see a hell of a lot more death than us weekenders so and are far more comfortable with it.  I still take photos of animals when I'm in parks etc so it hits me harder I guess. We just chin up and get back on the trucks. Cool change has come through overnight and we have a fair bit of rain,  I'm not heading out this week as I've already missed way too much work and are trying to get my savings back up after the wedding so I'll no doubt get some aftershocks mentally later this week which will be fun!  

Ill upload a heap of pics I've taken when I'm home later today. 

• Like 1

Went out today again,  actually work related. Can't hear a fooking thing since we have a few of these hitting the remaining fire breaks.  DC10 Air Tanker.  These things are as loud as a passenger jet. Unreal footage by this Aussie GOAT (not local to me,  in NSW and about a week old)  and the fact he only said "far out" amazes me.  

Oz, are people actually doing this **** to make the fires look worse than they are?

More than 180 alleged arsonists have been arrested since the start of the bushfire season, with 29 blazes deliberately lit in the Shoalhaven region of southeast NSW in just three months.

9 hours ago, juice64011 said:

More than 180 alleged arsonists have been arrested since the start of the bushfire season, with 29 blazes deliberately lit in the Shoalhaven region of southeast NSW in just three months.

now i know why TigerChamp aint posting

On 1/7/2020 at 9:47 AM, juice64011 said:

Oz, are people actually doing this **** to make the fires look worse than they are?

Theres a lot of mis information being spread on social media, blame games and finger pointing. 

The claim that arsonist have lit 200 fires is blatantly false

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-08/fires-misinformation-being-spread-through-social-media/11846434

Theres also a lot of people claiming the greens are responsible by hindering or stopping hazard reduction burns

https://www.news.com.au/national/rural-fire-service-boss-rejects-barnaby-joyces-bushfire-theory/news-story/d89c268a63385f6afb8f78171457dfa3

Im form the south coast, one of the areas thats being annihilated at the moment and this local firefighter sums up the feelings of the community

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SavageTC said:

Theres a lot of mis information being spread on social media, blame games and finger pointing. 

The claim that arsonist have lit 200 fires is blatantly false

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-08/fires-misinformation-being-spread-through-social-media/11846434

Theres also a lot of people claiming the greens are responsible by hindering or stopping hazard reduction burns

https://www.news.com.au/national/rural-fire-service-boss-rejects-barnaby-joyces-bushfire-theory/news-story/d89c268a63385f6afb8f78171457dfa3

Im form the south coast, one of the areas thats being annihilated at the moment and this local firefighter sums up the feelings of the community

I cbf debating this. But I'm in the CFS. one of the only city boys under 40 that I'm aware of,  the major majority are from the hills or country towns.  Those over 40 are mostly retired public servants and blatant lefties and just want to push the climate crisis agenda.  Facts are,  in the early 90's Labor and the greens signed an agreement to vastly expand scrubland and make it illegal for property owners to clear their own land of bush.  3/4 of what we do is back burning and clearance work,  but it's not nearly in the scope of what we used to do. 

If you're gonna play the 'blame scomo'  game you can **** off. 

PS, TC you should know that the ABC has been overrun and is as trustworthy as a Koch or Murdoch press.  

Lol not like the ABC (American but still) to spew false news 

FB_IMG_1578454657433.jpg

2 hours ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

I cbf debating this. But I'm in the CFS. one of the only city boys under 40 that I'm aware of,  the major majority are from the hills or country towns.  Those over 40 are mostly retired public servants and blatant lefties and just want to push the climate crisis agenda.  Facts are,  in the early 90's Labor and the greens signed an agreement to vastly expand scrubland and make it illegal for property owners to clear their own land of bush.  3/4 of what we do is back burning and clearance work,  but it's not nearly in the scope of what we used to do. 

If you're gonna play the 'blame scomo'  game you can **** off. 

You also havent seen a conspiracy theory you dont believe, but hey, whatever. 

This is my local area, these are the people on the frontlines, local workers and business owners.  Its a low income area, very conservative, Theyre not retired public servants or blatant lefties, sorry to burst your bubble, just people who have been let down by the people in charge.

In NSW private landowners can get permits for hazard reduction burns, with rfs supervision, it is not illegal. Shane Fitzsimmons, the bloke with 40 years experience whos in charge has been staying on message whether its ABC or Murdoch media as well.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-08/nsw-fires-rfs-commissioner-weights-in-on-hazard-reduction-debate/11850862

https://www.smh.com.au/national/hazard-reduction-burns-are-not-the-panacea-rfs-boss-20200108-p53poq.html

Keep doing what your doing mate, more people on the ground, but dont confuse whats happening where you are to here,  ScoMuppet will be lynched if he sets foot on the coast again. 

49 minutes ago, SavageTC said:

You also havent seen a conspiracy theory you dont believe, but hey, whatever. 

This is my local area, these are the people on the frontlines, local workers and business owners.  Its a low income area, very conservative, Theyre not retired public servants or blatant lefties, sorry to burst your bubble, just people who have been let down by the people in charge.

In NSW private landowners can get permits for hazard reduction burns, with rfs supervision, it is not illegal. Shane Fitzsimmons, the bloke with 40 years experience whos in charge has been staying on message whether its ABC or Murdoch media as well.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-08/nsw-fires-rfs-commissioner-weights-in-on-hazard-reduction-debate/11850862

https://www.smh.com.au/national/hazard-reduction-burns-are-not-the-panacea-rfs-boss-20200108-p53poq.html

Keep doing what your doing mate, more people on the ground, but dont confuse whats happening where you are to here,  ScoMuppet will be lynched if he sets foot on the coast again. 

Lol. Butthurt greens/labor voter hey?  Sounds about right. My personal experience is in SA. The CFS and RFS are managed very differently. Low income looks about right for the rednecks on the hate scomo train. 

I don't jump on conspiracies as much s you'd like to think btw. I'm just not a narrow minded beta who thinks facebook peoples opinions are the actual majority.  

PS lol @ ABC and SMH they're two sides of the same alarmist coin mate.  I never mentioned hazard reduction burning.  I said clearing scrub. You can get fined 10-50k here for clearing on your own land.  Meaning weeds,  trees,  bushes,  etc for grazing. That's the green/labor deal I was talking about. 

PS weren't you smoking yourself to death in Vietnam or something?  Tf u doing back here m8 lol?  

its 7 degrees out here at 10 pm! its like a heatwave for our region in the middle of god damn winter

it dumped snow all god damn day yesterday we got almost 2 feet of it and in town its pretty much all melted away already earlier today

im fooking loving this global warming thing. 7 above when it should be at least 7 below out here right now. i hope that some of that warm air from those australia forest fires blows in and covers our valley for the rest of the winter. just not the smoke.

Edited by -idyb-

27 minutes ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

Lol. Butthurt greens/labor voter hey?  Sounds about right. My personal experience is in SA. The CFS and RFS are managed very differently. Low income looks about right for the rednecks on the hate scomo train. 

I don't jump on conspiracies as much s you'd like to think btw. I'm just not a narrow minded beta who thinks facebook peoples opinions are the actual majority.  

PS lol @ ABC and SMH they're two sides of the same alarmist coin mate.  I never mentioned hazard reduction burning.  I said clearing scrub. You can get fined 10-50k here for clearing on your own land.  Meaning weeds,  trees,  bushes,  etc for grazing. That's the green/labor deal I was talking about. 

PS weren't you smoking yourself to death in Vietnam or something?  **** tu doing back here m8 lol?  

Lol no, i vote on policy, not party bud. And insulting victims of a national emergency when youre a volunteer for disagreeing with your political stance and not fitting in with your imaginary narrative? Keep it classy champ.

Youve been posting here for years, we all have a pretty good idea of where you stand on anything that "feels" wrong to you.

Also discrediting the head of the NSWRFS for the channels he uses to communicate? Really? 

Actually you didnt really address anything, i said there was a lot of misinfo, like the map you shared, and that the narrative that greens are to blame here is bullchit. Those people in the videos have been through hell, and tell it how it is. You respond by insulting them. Like i said, dont confuse your situation with whats happening here m2.

Ps i couldnt give a chit who you voted for, if Shorten won and did what ScuMo has done hed be in the firing line now as well

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SavageTC said:

Lol no, i vote on policy, not party bud. And insulting victims of a national emergency when youre a volunteer for disagreeing with your political stance and not fitting in with your imaginary narrative? Keep it classy champ.

Youve been posting here for years, we all have a pretty good idea of where you stand on anything that "feels" wrong to you.

Also discrediting the head of the NSWRFS for the channels he uses to communicate? Really? 

Actually you didnt really address anything, i said there was a lot of misinfo, like the map you shared, and that the narrative that greens are to blame here is bullchit. Those people in the videos have been through hell, and tell it how it is. You respond by insulting them. Like i said, dont confuse your situation with whats happening here m2.

Ps i couldnt give a chit who you voted for, if Shorten won and did what ScuMo has done hed be in the firing line now as well

OK calm down precious. What's 'scumo' done exactly?  To contribute to this mass emergency I mean?  There's no imaginary about it.  Fact is there are many contributing factors to why the fires are as bad as they are currently.  Poor land management being far higher on the list than "climate crisis" 

Sorry to snap. Not really sure what I'm arguing with you. When I see a few people ****ing about Morrison and someone telling foreigners that it's "the opinion of everyone and anyone who blames policy is a conspiracy theorist" I jump at it.  

Seems like you're not in any danger. Hope it stays that way for you and yours.  Peace

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

OK calm down precious. What's 'scumo' done exactly?  To contribute to this mass emergency I mean?  There's no imaginary about it.  Fact is there are many contributing factors to why the fires are as bad as they are currently.  Poor land management being far higher on the list than "climate crisis" 

Sorry to snap. Not really sure what I'm arguing with you. When I see a few people ****ing about Morrison and someone telling foreigners that it's "the opinion of everyone and anyone who blames policy is a conspiracy theorist" I jump at it.  

Seems like you're not in any danger. Hope it stays that way for you and yours.  Peace

You really cant have a conversation without resorting to insults can you lol

Watch this vid mate, i know youll hate the bloke before hes even started cause hes a leftie, but hes quite succinct and sums up how a lot of people are feeling in this part of the world. Watch it, have a lol and and disagree.

This bloke also seems to have a pretty good handle on whats happening as well.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/firefighter-slams-outright-lies-about-bushfires-as-experts-expose-bots-and-bizarre-conspiracies/news-story/239e251201616f686a5e4d28c004947a

Stay safe, and good luck to you and yours

• Like 1

You really cant have a conversation without resorting to insults can you lol

Watch this vid mate, i know youll hate the bloke before hes even started cause hes a leftie, but hes quite succinct and sums up how a lot of people are feeling in this part of the world. Watch it, have a lol and and disagree.

This bloke also seems to have a pretty good handle on whats happening as well.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/firefighter-slams-outright-lies-about-bushfires-as-experts-expose-bots-and-bizarre-conspiracies/news-story/239e251201616f686a5e4d28c004947a

Stay safe, and good luck to you and yours

That jordie foglet can eat a bag of d!cks!! He's as good as the former music comedian thing now tranny piece of chit and this is literal propaganda.  Fook this guy! Lol appreciate the sentiment though 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He can choke on Albaneses tiny shrivelled pen!s and die.  

Fire guy is a good bloke,  but amidst his speech he's dropped "well. I lean left... Sooooo climate crisis"  

That's a hard no from me and the actual majority not the facebook majority.  

I didn't insult did I??  Precious is a term of endearment!  Xx

Threef! 

8 minutes ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

He can choke on Albaneses tiny shrivelled pen!s and die.  

If you were trapped in a fire i know which one would actually risk something to help lol

• Like 1

If you were trapped in a fire i know which one would actually risk something to help lol

Yep me too.  Tony the GOAT Abbot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, SavageTC said:

wouldnt be me. until he acknowledges Georges St. Pierre as the GOAT and gives him the respect that he rightfully deserves, i wouldnt even try to piss it out.

Edited by -idyb-

its 25 degrees below zero right now.   i might have to double down on the sunscreen

Fml. if you ****s could share some of your heat, I would appreciate it. 

From midnight tonight to midnight on Thursday morning, temperatures could fall 30 to 50 degrees, with even more of a fall into Thursday morning. This will lead to LIFE THREATENING wind chills between -40 and -60 degrees into Thursday Morning.

On 2/11/2020 at 7:40 PM, juice64011 said:

Fml. if you ****s could share some of your heat, I would appreciate it. 

From midnight tonight to midnight on Thursday morning, temperatures could fall 30 to 50 degrees, with even more of a fall into Thursday morning. This will lead to LIFE THREATENING wind chills between -40 and -60 degrees into Thursday Morning.

god damn. thats colder than mcmod's heart