Ozpride

Oz's tv show discussion thread

On 6/20/2019 at 1:58 PM, Jolldan said:

One episode left to go of this and loved every second of it so far. If you like anything to do with religion, the occult or just something a little weird then would definitely recommend it.

Image result for good omens

The book was great. Not sure how well it translates to film.

finally getting around to watching Ozark.  4 eps in and it's doing alright 

Has anyone checked out Money Heist on Netflix.. It awesome I binge watched the first two seasons in a day and the third season just came out so I am watching it right now

Didnt mind Carnival Row... aesthetically pleasing, though the writing is fairly basic. Dont know if the world was too big for them to deliver on the lore and over-arcing sub plots at the same time or they dont have it in them, but it was a good enough outing for a pilot series and has me hoping they have laid enough groundwork to get grittier from here on out.

finally catching up on season 2 of American Gods.  Mad Sweeney might be my favourite TV character this year

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crangs said:

finally catching up on season 2 of American Gods.  Mad Sweeney might be my favourite TV character this year

Mad Sweeney is awesome. My favorite character on the show.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DoomPatrol said:

It looks good, I got my hopes up.

Between this and The Boys, it's a good time to be a Stan

The dude who played Unlce Benjen has been cast as a lead character rumoured to be the main villain in Amazon's Lord of the Rings show. 

Image result for uncle benjen

On 10/11/2019 at 2:23 PM, crangs said:

Related image

Mad Sweeney is a awesome character definitely stole the show in season's 1 & 2 for me. 

God damn, Rogan.  Found Meat Eater on Netflix and it's all I've watched the last couple days.  Watching Joe whiff twice was funny viewing 

On 10/21/2019 at 4:01 PM, DoomPatrol said:

Pretty intense stuff. I liked it. We'll see where it goes from here.

I watched ep 1 and was really confused.  Wasn't until today that I learned it is a sequel to the comic not the movie.  Might have to rewatch

10 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Witcher Full Trailer

Guess I'm cancelling my Netflix November 12th December 20th

On 10/30/2019 at 6:01 AM, gadgets19 said:

Pretty intense stuff. I liked it. We'll see where it goes from here.

I watched ep 1 and was really confused.  Wasn't until today that I learned it is a sequel to the comic not the movie.  Might have to rewatch

If I remember correctly, there isn't much difference except the squid monster (which is connected to the squid rain scene).

Just watched Season 1 of Heroes for nostalgia purposes.  Man, that show was good. Save the cheerleader....save the world.  It's aged pretty well IMO.

Shame it became complete garbage from season 2 onwards really.  It was also the first in a long and tragic line of shows I really got into that got shelved before being finished.

• Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/vikings-spinoff-picked-up-by-netflix/ar-BBX13xs?ocid=spartanntp

'Vikings' Spinoff Picked Up by Netflix

a person wearing a costume

The Vikings saga will continue at Netflix. 

The streaming service has picked up the Vikings spinoff series, Vikings: Valhalla, they announced on Tuesday. The news comes shortly before Vikings' sixth and final season premieres on History.   

The new series will take place 100 years after the original show concludes, and will focus on the adventures of Leif Erikson, Freydis, Harald Harada and William the Conqueror (also a Viking descendant). Vikings creator Michael Hirst will executive produce alongside Jeb Stuard and Morgan O'Sullivan. 

People are losing the **** over a new show on Netflix about a Gay Jesus?

Wait a minute Yoel was right all along.

Image result for yoel romero gay meme

Edited by Jolldan

10 hours ago, TUF said:

Witcher's out

Just watched the first episode. I'm not sure what to think yet. It's well made and the battle scenes have been good. I reserve my judgment for a few more episodes. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Just watched the first episode. I'm not sure what to think yet. It's well made and the battle scenes have been good. I reserve my judgment for a few more episodes. 

I'm 3 episodes in. Pretty good. A bit rough around the edges, but Cavill is great as Geralt. Some of the humour seems out of place. Loads of names and characters to remember with little to connect them to. Action's quite good.

On 12/20/2019 at 7:20 PM, juice64011 said:

On 12/21/2019 at 4:52 PM, DoomPatrol said:

I'm 3 episodes in. Pretty good. A bit rough around the edges, but Cavill is great as Geralt. Some of the humour seems out of place. Loads of names and characters to remember with little to connect them to. Action's quite good.

Was pretty hyped for this one although I never played the games or read the books but just couldn't get into it. Was way too exposition heavy at the start and couldn't make myself care enough about any of the characters outside of Cavill and even then, meh.

37 minutes ago, TUF said:

Was pretty hyped for this one although I never played the games or read the books but just couldn't get into it. Was way too exposition heavy at the start and couldn't make myself care enough about any of the characters outside of Cavill and even then, meh.

How far did you get?

8 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

How far did you get?

3/4s of the way through the first episode. I need to give it a better chance. 

58 minutes ago, TUF said:

3/4s of the way through the first episode. I need to give it a better chance. 

I've played all of the games and I thought the first two were slow. Episode 3 was great so I would get that far and see what you think. I'm still on the fence overall but I will finish the season. 

• Like 1

Recently saw these:

Watchmen: intriguing, smart, fun, rewarding. A decent sequel to Watchmen. Only the ending bothered me, like so many times in stories with time travel/destiny stuff. Didn't drag on too long, 

but went ahead with good pace. Thumbs up.

His Dark Materials: Not great, but pretty watchable. Felt fresh. Interesting to see where it goes from here, beyond the movie (Golden Compass).

The Witcher: Top of this lot. Kinda hard to digest all the names, places and timelines, but always interesting. Nice mixture of short stories and story arcs. Cavill is superb as Geralt. Never played the games or read the books, though. Been meaning to check the games... Looking forward to seeing more and I'm sure they'll work out the little kinks they had on this first go. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 9:28 PM, DoomPatrol said:

Recently saw these:

Watchmen: intriguing, smart, fun, rewarding. A decent sequel to Watchmen. Only the ending bothered me, like so many times in stories with time travel/destiny stuff. Didn't drag on too long, 

but went ahead with good pace. Thumbs up.

His Dark Materials: Not great, but pretty watchable. Felt fresh. Interesting to see where it goes from here, beyond the movie (Golden Compass).

The Witcher: Top of this lot. Kinda hard to digest all the names, places and timelines, but always interesting. Nice mixture of short stories and story arcs. Cavill is superb as Geralt. Never played the games or read the books, though. Been meaning to check the games... Looking forward to seeing more and I'm sure they'll work out the little kinks they had on this first go. 

Yeah I really enjoyed season 1 but looked at it a little like GOT in the sense it felt like you pretty much need that so much of the time for world building so looking forward to season 2 now that they have a lot more of that established. The sword fighting is epic as well

On 12/27/2019 at 9:29 PM, DoomPatrol said:

The Witcher also contained this song, surely hit material:

Must have listened to this a good dozen times myself lol surprised it hasn't made the charts.

Meme's from the show have been gold 

Image may contain: one or more people and guitar

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling

Image may contain: 1 person, meme and text

Image may contain: 2 people, meme and text

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, suit

Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, text

• Haha 1

What was everyone's top shows for 2019 anyway? 

This would be my top 5 

1. The Mandalorian 
  2. The Boys 
  3. The Witcher 
  4. BoJack Horseman 
  5. Game of Thrones

Trundling through vikings season 6.  I'm still a few episodes behind, so I'll assume anyone who cares has already seen episode 6.

Half decent season after the disaster that was season 5....but....who on earth signed off on Lagertha getting topped in a case of mistaken identity by an alcohol and 'shroom induced frenzy by her step-son??  She deserved better.

Are mushrooms even addictive??  farcical.

Altered Carbon Season 02 on Netflix.

Liked Season 01, reviews of 2 are night and day difference.

Only watched ep1 but liked it and will continue.

Edited by gadgets19

3 episodes in Altered Carbon.  Anthony Mackie is hit/miss for me.

Still watching and like it mainly cause it is new and different.

Westworld season 3 started last Sunday.  Season 1 was really good, 2 not so much, 3 still unsure.

• Like 1