Ozpride

Oz's tv show discussion thread

Highly recommended Paradise PD if you like South Park type humour, it’s weird that it’s pretty much Brickleberry in a different skin. But really funny all the same. 

• Like 1

Picard season 1 finale tonight.  I liked this good new story with old characters thrown in.

Kinda wish it was a 1 and done but we shall see.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 11:28 PM, gadgets19 said:

3 episodes in Altered Carbon.  Anthony Mackie is hit/miss for me.

Still watching and like it mainly cause it is new and different.

Westworld season 3 started last Sunday.  Season 1 was really good, 2 not so much, 3 still unsure.

It was pretty good, but not a good as the first season. Watched both for the first time just now. Anthony Mackie was the weakest link, he's so... blank.

Westworld season 1 was awesome, season 2 was good but too convoluted and first 2 episodes of season 3 are more straight forward. I like the fact it is (or is it?) situated in the real world mostly. We shall see where it goes from here.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 4:43 AM, gadgets19 said:

Picard season 1 finale tonight.  I liked this good new story with old characters thrown in.

Hide contents

Kinda wish it was a 1 and done but we shall see.

I enjoyed the series but thought the climax was weak. Reminded me why I used to hate next generation. 

I've seen no mention of the Netflix series Peaky Blinders, very good in my opinion.

peaky-blinders.png

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Bwana said:

I've seen no mention of the Netflix series Peaky Blinders, very good in my opinion.

peaky-blinders.png

I know you American's like to claim everything m9, but that's a fantastic  BBC production and don't you forget it!!!!

Seriously though, how many seasons you watched? I think it does a really good job of staying excellent throughout, although if I recall correctly Season 4 was slightly weaker than the rest. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 5:48 AM, NoCakeForYaya said:

Really late to the party but just started the boys. Karl Urban is such a legend lol. 

The forum is gonna need a full review mate. The only other person I know that watched this has committed fora suicide twice now. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TUF said:

The forum is gonna need a full review mate. The only other person I know that watched this has committed fora suicide twice now. 

I know my HOF thread was bad but I wouldn't call it suicide. 

Oh you mean deadie. Please let me remind you I also took on the boys. 

11 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

#MeToo

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Yes but as a fellow scholar, we share the same views on many of the arts. I wanted to hear how the other side thinks, the simp views of someone who couldn't grasp the complexities of Dark Phoenix and GoT Season 8. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

I know you American's like to claim everything m9, but that's a fantastic  BBC production and don't you forget it!!!!

Seriously though, how many seasons you watched? I think it does a really good job of staying excellent throughout, although if I recall correctly Season 4 was slightly weaker than the rest. 

I tried to claim nothing Sir, it's listed as a Netflix Series here. I was aware of it's BBC origins, but not the history of it's partnership.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"Peaky Blinders is a production of BBC, yet it's still somehow a Netflix Original. Created and written by Steven Knight, Peaky Blinders chronicles the trials and tribulations of the fictional Shelby family. The series title was inspired by a real gang that operated in Birmingham, England, after World War I.

Irish actor Cillian Murphy stars in the lead role as Thomas Shelby, a decorated war veteran, crime boss, and politician. Peaky Blinders season 1 originally aired on BBC Two, with the most recent season, Peaky Blinders season 5, having switched over to BBC One; that season releases to Netflix subscribers in October 2019. And it's there where the grey area lies regarding Peaky Blinders being an original series for both BBC and Netflix."

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I'm now watching the 5th show of the 5th and final season, it appears all filming will be delayed for the 6th & 7th seasons because of the COVID restrictions. They are hoping the 6th season will be released in mid 2021, but like many great series the actors take a different path and disappear to live stage work...never to be seen again on the series, let's hope that's not the case with PB.

What I see on my TV

pb-pic.png

Edited by Bwana
  • Like 1

Anybody watched any Upload. Another Amazon show billed as dark comedy like The Boys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TUF said:

Anybody watched any Upload. Another Amazon show billed as dark comedy like The Boys.

I watched the first episode. I'm not sure what to think of it yet. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TUF said:

8 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Saw a trailer and it didn't play like it was similar to The Boys.

Eventually was going to watch but might have to move it up the queue.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TUF said:

I'll come back with a full hot take when I get bored at work later mate, but for a short summary I rated it 8/8 and I think it was pretty bold to make a rapist/at the worst case serial sexual assault(ist) the funniest character in the show lmao. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I sort of wrote it off as a Good Place knock off which i gave up on after a few episodes but i keep hearing good things so might give it a watch

Finished these recently:

Westworld season 3: Pretty good, ending was kinda Game of Thrones season 8 - failed to connect emotionally. More straight-forward than previous seasons, but some character arcs were unconvincing.

Devs: Interesting and original. Actually had a similar theme to WW, but with a more sombre pace. Visually pleasing too. Not a fan of determinism.

The Outsider: Stephen King adaptation. Very good. One of the best King adaptations (no idea about the book, though). Interesting perspective into what could be a long episode of X-files.

7 minutes ago, DoomPatrol said:

Finished these recently:

Westworld season 3: Pretty good, ending was kinda Game of Thrones season 8 - failed to connect emotionally. More straight-forward than previous seasons, but some character arcs were unconvincing.

Devs: Interesting and original. Actually had a similar theme to WW, but with a more sombre pace. Visually pleasing too. Not a fan of determinism.

The Outsider: Stephen King adaptation. Very good. One of the best King adaptations (no idea about the book, though). Interesting perspective into what could be a long episode of X-files.

I lost interest in Westworld.

Loved season 1.

Season 2 was ok.

Started season 3 and can't be bothered to finish it. 

15 hours ago, gadgets19 said:

Saw a trailer and it didn't play like it was similar to The Boys.

Eventually was going to watch but might have to move it up the queue.

I watched a few episodes of Upload last night. It has some wtf scenes or lines like The Boys had but other than that it's not similar imo. 

It seems like it struggles to find its identity. It tries to be a rom-com but most jokes fall flat. Then there is a mystery/drama storyline about whether the main character was murdered and who did it but very little time is spent on that. 

Later episodes have a higher rating so maybe it will pick up at the end. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

I'll come back with a full hot take when I get bored at work later mate, but for a short summary I rated it 8/8 and I think it was pretty bold to make a rapist/at the worst case serial sexual assault(ist) the funniest character in the show lmao. 

If It Ain't the Invisible Cunt | Know Your Meme

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I lost interest in Westworld.

Loved season 1.

Season 2 was ok.

Started season 3 and can't be bothered to finish it. 

I agree, struggled through the last season just "because"....but ain't sad it's over.

• Like 1

@TUF I suppose I'll have to give you another episode of NoCakesHotTakes otherwise you'll be upset with me. This will probably contain spoilers and if you don't like that honestly just go **** yourself, it's been out for about 2 years now lol. 

Overall, I'd say this was one of the most refreshing and enjoyable TV shows that I've seen in a long, long time, and I'm extremely excited to see where they go with it next season. The reveal of homelanders character (who is just an absolutely amazing character) was really cool I thought, and I'm interested by his motivations moving forward. The big reveal at the end kinda completely negates Butcher's motivation, and kinda wipes away the last 8 years of his life, so **** knows how he is going to take this news. He could take it one of two ways I suppose, it could just straight up break him, or it could fuel his rage even further. 

I'm still on the fence about whether Homelander raped his wife or if it was consensual, I'm not sure if the reveal was supposed to suggest that it was consensual, as she didn't really seem too upset about seeing Homelander, and I suppose her leaving the hotel room looking like that could've been a 'Holy ****, what have I done' type thing. 

I haven't read the comics, but I'm assuming there's going to be more to Black Noir? He seems intriguing but he didn't really get involved, so we don't know loads about him. 

Is the idea that Homelander is like the OG only actual super hero, and they have been using his serum to create more and more of them? Obviously his Son looks like he has the same powers, so clearly that suggests a genetic link, but the rest of them seem to be made by V? That whole ark was really interesting, feel like there's a lot more to come. 

One thing I really didn't get though, is that (as much as I ****ing love him) Karl Urban just sounded like a New Zealander, he didn't at all sound British. I couldn't decide throghout if them calling him 'the British guy' was a really good joke about American's not giving a **** where other people come from, or if Karl was trying to do an English accent and doing a really terrible job?

Scene with the Deep and his gills was ****ing disgusting and cringe lol. Seems like just the snap in the right direction for him to realise what he was doing to women and change his way - I imagine he's going to have a redemption ark as it seemed like they were really pushing for you to like him. Everything with him and the fish was comedy gold, especially that ****ing lobster scene LMAO.

Expected Simon Pegg to have a bigger role? Seems weird to have such a GOAT for such a tiny role. 

Overall 8/8 mate, can't wait for season two. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

@TUF I suppose I'll have to give you another episode of NoCakesHotTakes otherwise you'll be upset with me. This will probably contain spoilers and if you don't like that honestly just go **** yourself, it's been out for about 2 years now lol. 

Overall, I'd say this was one of the most refreshing and enjoyable TV shows that I've seen in a long, long time, and I'm extremely excited to see where they go with it next season. The reveal of homelanders character (who is just an absolutely amazing character) was really cool I thought, and I'm interested by his motivations moving forward. The big reveal at the end kinda completely negates Butcher's motivation, and kinda wipes away the last 8 years of his life, so **** knows how he is going to take this news. He could take it one of two ways I suppose, it could just straight up break him, or it could fuel his rage even further. 

I'm still on the fence about whether Homelander raped his wife or if it was consensual, I'm not sure if the reveal was supposed to suggest that it was consensual, as she didn't really seem too upset about seeing Homelander, and I suppose her leaving the hotel room looking like that could've been a 'Holy ****, what have I done' type thing. 

I haven't read the comics, but I'm assuming there's going to be more to Black Noir? He seems intriguing but he didn't really get involved, so we don't know loads about him. 

Is the idea that Homelander is like the OG only actual super hero, and they have been using his serum to create more and more of them? Obviously his Son looks like he has the same powers, so clearly that suggests a genetic link, but the rest of them seem to be made by V? That whole ark was really interesting, feel like there's a lot more to come. 

One thing I really didn't get though, is that (as much as I ****ing love him) Karl Urban just sounded like a New Zealander, he didn't at all sound British. I couldn't decide throghout if them calling him 'the British guy' was a really good joke about American's not giving a **** where other people come from, or if Karl was trying to do an English accent and doing a really terrible job?

Scene with the Deep and his gills was ****ing disgusting and cringe lol. Seems like just the snap in the right direction for him to realise what he was doing to women and change his way - I imagine he's going to have a redemption ark as it seemed like they were really pushing for you to like him. Everything with him and the fish was comedy gold, especially that ****ing lobster scene LMAO.

Expected Simon Pegg to have a bigger role? Seems weird to have such a GOAT for such a tiny role. 

Overall 8/8 mate, can't wait for season two. 

NoCakesHotTakes are still the gold standard of hot takes. Well done and I agree with all of the above. Our shared views can mean only one thing, you were accidentally shown 2006's X-Men take on the Dark Phoenix storyline instead of 2019s in the theater. Classic mistake.

My take was that Becca was asked by somebody at Vought to have Homelanders baby as a sort of safeguard against Homelander. He would have all of Homelanders power but none of his morals by being raised right. I think theyve made him too likeable to be a raper and they spent too much time on Butchers backstory with Becca for her to just be a cheater. 

Have said the same about the Deep. The show reminds me of GoT in how it blurs the line on the moral compass of the characters. Never would have thought id like Jamie Lannister after season 1 and I never thought id like a rapist like the Deep but here we are. Hopefully the next 2 months go by fast.

• Like 2

I agree with NoCake's takes. I don't think Homelander raped her either. Either she cheated or TUF is right and there's more to the story. I might need to do a rewatch if the new season is coming out soon. 

Brits are physically unable to leave a review without mentioning accents. 

I think it has to do with American's not caring. They did the same thing on Hell on Wheels. This guy was named The Swede but he was actually from Denmark if I remember right. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I agree with NoCake's takes. I don't think Homelander raped her either. Either she cheated or TUF is right and there's more to the story. I might need to do a rewatch if the new season is coming out soon. 

Brits are physically unable to leave a review without mentioning accents. 

I think it has to do with American's not caring. They did the same thing on Hell on Wheels. This guy was named The Swede but he was actually from Denmark if I remember right. 

This is accurate. I wish I was different Juice but I'm just not m8, **** triggered me, I won't lie. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

This is accurate. I wish I was different Juice but I'm just not m8, **** triggered me, I won't lie. 

Please wear your discernment and pedantry with a bit more pride mate.  Imagine what the world would be like if we were all as slap-dash as our American cousins?!?  

This whole thing began with **** van **** in Mary Poppins by the way. Shameful.

Edit...lol, is there any other actor who has almost 70% of their name blocked by the swear filter?  I mean this chap just in case anyone's struggling

1351.jpg?width=1200&height=900&quality=8

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

The show set in America where a New Zealander does an English accent, a guy named Frenchie is really Israeli, and the super heroes aren't even jacked IRL 

Karl Urban Antony Starr Editorial Stock Photo - Stock Image ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Please wear your discernment and pedantry with a bit more pride mate.  Imagine what the world would be like if we were all as slap-dash as our American cousins?!?  

This whole thing began with **** van **** in Mary Poppins by the way. Shameful.

Edit...lol, is there any other actor who has almost 70% of their name blocked by the swear filter?  I mean this chap just in case anyone's struggling

1351.jpg?width=1200&height=900&quality=8

Mate I can't even finish Mary Poppins for this exact reason. His accent was essentially America waging war on us, I can't believe we took that **** lying down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Mate I can't even finish Mary Poppins for this exact reason. His accent was essentially America waging war on us, I can't believe we took that **** lying down. 

America renting space in your head for free.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bwana said:

America renting space in your head for free.

I don't really interact with you much, this is banter right lol?

Almost all you yank posters are on my list to grab a pint with when I eventually get round to visiting the states m9, with a few notable exceptions.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Almost all you yank posters are on my list to grab a pint with when I eventually get round to visiting the states m9, with a few notable exceptions.

Light sparring m8, would be an honor to share a few pints with you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

We're going to need to see that list mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

We're going to need to see that list mate.

I'm betting Wickles is on the list, and he doesn't even live here.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

I can...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Bwana said:

I'm betting Wickles is on the list, and he doesn't even live here.

I nearly met up with Wickles when he came over here, but he stayed in the Somalian quarter of Stockholm for some reason.

What might have been...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I nearly met up with Wickles when he came over here, but he stayed in the Somalian quarter of Stockholm for some reason.

What might have been...

I'd have blown my cover... And I hate the Swedes

30 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

I'd have blown my cover... And I hate the Swedes

I also hate the Swedes, if it's any consolation.  They're a rude, smug bunch who talk almost exclusively about DIY

2 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I also hate the Swedes, if it's any consolation.  They're a rude, smug bunch who talk almost exclusively about DIY

I couldn't blow my cover... I couldn't let the Forum know, who I actually am... 

Swedes are Smug, Expensive and bloody Boring.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

It's why you get on so well there mate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, NoCakeForYaya said:

It's why you get on so well there mate. 

Lol, that was an empty net.

It's quite sad though; our group of friends are almost exclusively non-Swedish.  It's been a bit of an eye-opener during these "locked down" times that the only people we're making any real effort to see are all the ex-pats.  All the Swedes i know are relishing the chance to be more anti-social.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol, that was an empty net.

It's quite sad though; our group of friends are almost exclusively non-Swedish.  It's been a bit of an eye-opener during these "locked down" times that the only people we're making any real effort to see are all the ex-pats.  All the Swedes i know are relishing the chance to be more anti-social.

I know, it was a cheap shot. 

That's a real shame but kinda amusing that the Swedes are loving it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

There's only 2 lists i'm on...

A bundle of sticks

The Sex offenders

Your Mum must be so proud, congrats on achieving your goals.

Ray Donovan final season is epic.  Amazing this show hasn't gotten the recognition it deserves.  It beats the chit out of Ozark and media is gushing about that chite

• Like 1