Sign in to follow this  
DoomPatrol

Youtube channel or Fight Pass or what?

There seems to be a couple of options to watch these fight cards but I have a hard time getting enough information on how they work.

Youtube: What can you watch? Can you watch only live feeds or can you watch the fights afterwards? Are all fights included (early/prelims/main card)? How can you pay (only paypal is acceptable for me)?

Fight Pass: same questions...

I think you can order the PPV on YouTube, but that's all you'd get. The PPV.

UFC.TV, you can order the PPV, and if you're a Fight Pass subscriber, you'll get the Fight Pass prelims. You may also get the TV prelims, and for FS1/FOX shows, the main card, but that will all depend on your location, and what the UFC's TV deals are there.

As far as watching it later, I know that you get 24 hours of access when buying through UFC.TV. I expect it would be the same through YouTube, but I've never ordered a PPV there, so I can't say for sure.

• Like 1

I think you can order the PPV on YouTube, but that's all you'd get. The PPV.

UFC.TV, you can order the PPV, and if you're a Fight Pass subscriber, you'll get the Fight Pass prelims. You may also get the TV prelims, and for FS1/FOX shows, the main card, but that will all depend on your location, and what the UFC's TV deals are there.

As far as watching it later, I know that you get 24 hours of access when buying through UFC.TV. I expect it would be the same through YouTube, but I've never ordered a PPV there, so I can't say for sure.

So there's nothing that allows you to:

1) watch everything with one subscription

2) watch any show at any time

3) store the shows

Instead you are forced to:

1) buy several products to watch one event

2) watch it immediately after buying it.

3) go mad while trying to make it all work

Why do they make you work so hard to get so little?

3) store the shows

Instead you are forced to:

1) buy several products to watch one event

2) watch it immediately after buying it.

3) go mad while trying to make it all work

Why do they make you work so hard to get so little?

Move to Mexico and buy UFC Network...

3) store the shows

1) Depending on the country you're in, a Fight Pass subscription will give you everything except the PPV main cards. It all depends on the TV deal they have in your country.

2) You can watch any show at any time once it's part of the archives, which can be anywhere from immediately to 30 days after it happens, again, depending on the TV deal they have in your country.

3) As in store them offline? Of course not. That would only lead to piracy of the content.

Fight Pass is as close as you're going to get for quite awhile, because there's just not enough money (right now) in specialized streaming services to completely cut out the TV channels & PPV companies.

We used to get a good deal here where I live, but the rights' ownership changed. Right now you can watch main card for free (will change soon) but only live (+ a couple hours afterwards). Since the shows come during the night, it's almost useless. You pay literally for nothing if you can't wake up in the morning to watch it, aren't home or whatever. The company who has the rights now is doing a poor job with it. They have released very little information how things work now so we'll just have to see how things develop. And keep bombarding them with complaints...

In this modern day and age when everything else can be enjoyed whenever and wherever a product this limited is a throw-back to the late 70's before vcrs and walkmans became common...

And if you want to reduce piracy, you should offer a product that is better than the pirated version (or at least as good).

Edited by DoomPatrol

We used to get a good deal here where I live, but the rights' ownership changed. Right now you can watch main card for free (will change soon) but only live (+ a couple hours afterwards). Since the shows come during the night, it's almost useless. You pay literally for nothing if you can't wake up in the morning to watch it, aren't home or whatever. The company who has the rights now is doing a poor job with it. They have released very little information how things work now so we'll just have to see how things develop. And keep bombarding them with complaints...

In this modern day and age when everything else can be enjoyed whenever and wherever a product this limited is a throw-back to the late 70's before vcrs and walkmans became common...

And if you want to reduce piracy, you should offer a product that is better than the pirated version (or at least as good).

Yeah, prior to 2015, we could watch absolutely everything except for the PPV main cards through Fight Pass, live, and on demand immediately after. It was great. The only thing I couldn't see as it aired on TV was Ultimate Fighter.

Then, in 2015, the TV rights changed hands, and now we can still watch everything on demand immediately after, but the TV stuff is now blacked out here for live viewing.

i didn't know you could order ppv on youtube, that's news to me.

Same here.. since when have they been doing that? I've been in a couple situations that this info would have been useful
  • Like 1

Same here.. since when have they been doing that? I've been in a couple situations that this info would have been useful

It's been for quite awhile I believe. I know it's been at least a year, or two.

• Like 1