Who do you think they have lined up for Penn?

PlatinumClegg

My guess is a rematch with someone he ran over in 03.  Takanori Gomi at 155.

Jackson/Wink elevation trained Penn will kill that idiot for a tune up before tuning Nik Lentz sorry **** up.  Nik can't box or grapple with BJ no matter how much Cash loves Nik Lentz.

I mean who gives a **** about Nik Lentz, really?  Homie is winning decisions over bantamweight Gamburyan and can Castillo.  This idiot can't sniff Penn's wiener.

**** I missed the memo.  I guess it fell off the first page with all the chaos lately.  I have invested at least a couple of hours of my time in that ****.

Siver, Gomi... same thing except Gomi has a sloppy haymaker that can sleep you.

Gomi was the first possible opponent I thought of when I heard the Siver fight fell through too. I could see the UFC selling Penn title talk with a Siver, Gomi, Jeremy Stephens path to a title shot. Wouldn't even be mad at it tbh. Penn loses to any top 5er in either division at this point imo tho. 

Gomi was the first possible opponent I thought of when I heard the Siver fight fell through too. I could see the UFC selling Penn title talk with a Siver, Gomi, Jeremy Stephens path to a title shot. Wouldn't even be mad at it tbh. Penn loses to any top 5er in either division at this point imo tho. 

Penn is about to big brother some featherweights with jab, jab, double leg.  Greg is going to get this guy to play the points game and not fight guys that weigh 200 to his 175 on fight night.

No. Because he's fighting Dennis Siver at FW. No Joke. 

Yes, only Comber McGrabber gets title shots off wins over Denis Siver. The rest of the roster gets exactly what they deserve for beating Siver.... a shrug and apathetic "so what?"

Yes, only Comber McGrabber gets title shots off wins over Denis Siver. The rest of the roster gets exactly what they deserve for beating Siver.... a shrug and apathetic "so what?"

let it go m8. Gifted title shots are a time honored tradition in the UFC. i.e. Dillashaw, Lawler, Weidman

Hopefully a humongous can so we don't have to watch him get buried again.

Pettis would be a nice gimme match for him.

I think Gomi, Siver, Lentz is the perfect line up for him.  Gomi is a sloppy but heavy handed boxer with bad ground skills.  What are Siver and Lentz going to do against Penn training with good coaches and training partners at elevation?  They will end up getting wrestled if that try any wiener sniffing.

Condit.

But seriously, who deserved a title shot over Weidman and Lawler when they got them?

Nobody but that wasn't the argument. You alluded to his title shot being undeserving. TJ was on a 1 fight win streak, Lawler a 3 fight win streak over 2 cans and a split decision, and Weidman beat Munoz. Who should have gotten the title shot instead of Conor if that's the argument? 

Nobody but that wasn't the argument. You alluded to his title shot being undeserving. TJ was on a 1 fight win streak, Lawler a 3 fight win streak over 2 cans and a split decision, and Weidman beat Munoz. Who should have gotten the title shot instead of Conor if that's the argument? 

Edgar, Holloway, Cub Swanson (if he hadn't already been derailed by Edgar, can't remember.) 

Edgar, Holloway, Cub Swanson (if he hadn't already been derailed by Edgar, can't remember.)

Conor was number 5 when given his shot and everyone above him had already fought aldo.

Therefore his shot was legitimate according to the agreed bubba sparks' title shot criteria.

NO MORE REMATCHES!!!

Conor was number 5 when given his shot and everyone above him had already fought aldo.

Therefore his shot was legitimate according to the agreed bubba sparks' title shot criteria.

NO MORE REMATCHES!!!

You cans will be BEGGING for a rematch after Edgar mauls him from full mount.

Holloway hadn't fought Aldo yet and had a longer win streak againt arguably tougher competition. Combers best win prior to the interim title was Holloway and he had to butt grab to do it!

Edgar: Just came off a 3 fight losing streak, one of which to Aldo. Won 3 fights over Oliveira (can), tippy toe Penn (retirement fight), Swanson (overrated)

Holloway: Was on a 4 fight win streak over (no top 15 opponents) when Conor beat Siver 

Swanson: Was on a 2 fight losing streak before McGregor's title shot. 

#StahpTheAbuse 

You cans will be BEGGING for a rematch after Edgar mauls him from full mount.

Holloway hadn't fought Aldo yet and had a longer win streak againt arguably tougher competition. Combers best win prior to the interim title was Holloway and he had to butt grab to do it!

Don't think I'm defending Conor.

I'm defending legitimate use of the Bubba Sparks' title criteria.  You can find details here:-

http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/topic/179006-title-shot-criteria/?hl=%2Btitle+%2Bcriteria

Incidentally, application of those rules confirms that Frankie is indeed next in line.  Should Edgar beat Conor, then Holloway is next up.

Edgar: Just came off a 3 fight losing streak, one of which to Aldo. Won 3 fights over Oliveira (can), tippy toe Penn (retirement fight), Swanson (overrated)

Holloway: Was on a 4 fight win streak over (no top 15 opponents) when Conor beat Siver 

Swanson: Was on a 2 fight losing streak before McGregor's title shot. 

#StahpTheAbuse 

lol Frankie is a former champion a weight class up and his win over Swanson was way better than anything on Combers resume at the time.

Also all three of those losses were title fights, and two of them were arguably robberies and one of them was definitely a robbery.

Don't think I'm defending Conor.

I'm defending legitimate use of the Bubba Sparks' title criteria.  You can find details here:-

http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/topic/179006-title-shot-criteria/?hl=%2Btitle+%2Bcriteria

Incidentally, application of those rules confirms that Frankie is indeed next in line.  Should Edgar beat Conor, then Holloway is next up.

He will only make that weight one more time for the undersized but game Frankie Edgar.  It's lightweight from here on out.  Dos Anjos will be slept inside of 3 rounds.

He will only make that weight one more time for the undersized but game Frankie Edgar.  It's lightweight from here on out.  Dos Anjos will be slept inside of 3 rounds.

He better move to 170 lbs before Nathaniel Diaz gets his hands on him.

Then get promptly murdered by almost everyone at 170 lbs.

lol Frankie is a former champion a weight class up and his win over Swanson was way better than anything on Combers resume at the time.

Also all three of those losses were title fights, and two of them were arguably robberies and one of them was definitely a robbery.

Conor > Holloway > Swanson. How is Edgar blanketing Swanson for 24 minutes and 59 seconds more impressive than Conor with one functional leg, beating a guy who has a KO win over Swanson. 

Conor beat a top 10 guy at the time, a top 5 guy at the time, and when he got his title shot, Holloway had become a top 5 guy so the win looked that much more impressive. 

Do you want to dig deeper into the Weidman, Lawler, TJ title shots? 

Conor > Holloway > Swanson. How is Edgar blanketing Swanson for 24 minutes and 59 seconds more impressive than Conor with one functional leg, beating a guy who has a KO win over Swanson. 

Conor beat a top 10 guy at the time, a top 5 guy at the time, and when he got his title shot, Holloway had become a top 5 guy so the win looked that much more impressive. 

Max actually subbed BLACK BELT Cub...

LOL you couldn't make it up.

We already dug into it. Lawler and Weidman were the only viable contenders, while there were multiple options at FW. It's already been discussed and the myth debunked. 

We already dug into it. Lawler and Weidman were the only viable contenders, while there were multiple options at FW. It's already been discussed and the myth debunked. 

lol how bout them Frankie title shots then m8

1st title shot

3 fight win streak. Got title shot after beating a random named Matt Veach. Meanwhile Maynard was on a 8 fight win streak over Florian, Diaz, Jim Miller, and Frankie himself.

2nd title shot

2 fight losing streak. Never had a win in the featherweight division. Meanwhile Swanson and Holloway were on 3 fight win streaks.

No more h8 m8. Rumor is if you say Conor's name 3 times, cromwell comes out of retirement to defend his honor. 

1st title shot

3 fight win streak. Got title shot after beating a random named Matt Veach. Meanwhile Maynard was on a 8 fight win streak over Florian, Diaz, Jim Miller, and Frankie himself.

2nd title shot

2 fight losing streak. Never had a win in the featherweight division. Meanwhile Swanson and Holloway were on 3 fight win streaks.

No more h8 m8. Rumor is if you say Conor's name 3 times, cromwell comes out of retirement to defend his honor. 

Conor McGregor Conor McGregor Conor McGregor

I did it to get Cromwell back you moron 

Do you spit or swallow when Conor McGregor cums in your mouth? 

He spits it in his hand, puts it in his pocket and saves it for later. 

I heard he grew a flavor savor for the same reason!

1st title shot

Frankie beat Sherk and that was for the title shot. It was just delayed because BJ was fighting GSP. Sherk had beat Diaz and Florian.

Why Florian got the title shot and then Sanchez got one?

Because BJ was ducking Frankie for obvious reasons. 

Archived