UFC current recruitment decisions.

Kable

Alright, so I get it we need more fighters in the UFC.

But with Sage and Randy Brown.
We are seeing some interesting things.
"Looking for a Fight" has essentially given "Trash Tier Fighters" a way into the Octagon.
At least with shows like The Ultimate Fighter, We could see these guys chatting all the **** and then get folded and appear to be a what we all expected from the start. We also get to see fighters take that time to improve and get hungry because their opponents are right there with them in the house. They get that UFC Contract and we get to see people who don't win the contract improve and show that they have the talent to become something in the UFC after the fights on TUF and the TUF: Finale.

That being said..."Looking for a Fight" is a way for people like Sage to get his Daddy to pay him in,
No one tested this kid, until the other day and guess what guys. He turned out to be "Trash Tier"

Randy Brown had a **** performance last night and we have yet to see what he does, but his amateur record is what...4-2??

Dana,Serra and Nick wonder around having fun but are they really getting the "Best" MMA talent out there?

Dana should be setting up a "Apprenticeship Program"(like WEC) or something for these kids instead of being too lazy to spend time or effort or money. Sage wasn't UFC worthy and got a free pass, because Dana or Serra thinks he looks good. **** me if that's the bar then why the **** don't half of us have UFC contracts.
And before anyone says that "Looking for a Fight" is spending time,effort and money.
Something that's HARD not easy.
If i had to spend time, money and effort and found out i was traveling the world having banter watching "Trash Tier Fights" wouldn't even have to ask me twice.

I don't know what you're talking about, so far they're 3-1 in the UFC (Sage 2-1, Randy 1-0).

Sage is UFC worthy, because UFC ain't worth much.

He tapped to cuddling..that isn't worthy at all. I suppose i am the only one that wants the "Best" fighters in the UFC.

He won 2 fights priot to that. And I believe it's safe to say there are at least 30 scrubs worse than him between 155 and 170. So your argument might be "he is not top 10 worthy".

Was Kalib Starnes...UFC worthy...????????

He beat 2 other people who weren't UFC worthy....

He has been kept safe...like super hard.

You are defending him why?

Are you his dad?

Deal in steroids?

Was Kalib Starnes...UFC worthy...????????

He beat 2 other people who weren't UFC worthy....

He has been kept safe...like super hard.

You are defending him why?

Are you his dad?

Deal in steroids?

Starnes was **** like many others in the UFC. The low quality of their fighters is not influenced by a few cans from Looking for a fight

Starnes was **** like many others in the UFC. The low quality of their fighters is not influenced by a few cans from Looking for a fight

Alright you don't seem to get what i'm saying.

The UFC's current option to recruit from Looking for a fight isn't smart. They literally watch one fight and then give the dude a contract, At least in TUF there are a series of opportunities for fighters to be exposed etc. With LFF there isn't one.

Looking for a fight seems to have rustled your jimmies mate

Maybe a little, but it's because we get USADA in to clear the trash and then we invite in folk from Amateur fights, half them ****s are on roids...rednecks don't get tested. Just miss WEC...olden days...where an entire Org get's melted and all the good talent goes into the UFC.

I could beat the **** out of you and Dana would give me a UFC contract....doesn't mean i belong in the UFC.

You more then likely could not beat the **** out of me. But that's besides the point.

The point is Dana wants exciting fighters with stand up skills. Sage has pretty good striking, def ufc level. But he's an amateur grappler.

You more then likely could not beat the **** out of me. But that's besides the point.

The point is Dana wants exciting fighters with stand up skills. Sage has pretty good striking, def ufc level. But he's an amateur grappler.

This isn't boxing it's MMA...Stand up skills don't mean **** if you can't stop takedowns or defend against Jits.

Not Boxing....Kickboxing or Muaythai etc...

Your writing this guy off. Fans took to him, put him on a train before his first fight, he has a star quality, a showman. And he can quite clearly fight. Ok needs to work on his jit but he's 19 and far better than most of your goats at 19. This is a fight business and your forgetting an entertainment business that needs these kind of stars.

Your writing this guy off. Fans took to him, put him on a train before his first fight, he has a star quality, a showman. And he can quite clearly fight. Ok needs to work on his jit but he's 19 and far better than most of your goats at 19. This is a fight business and your forgetting an entertainment business that needs these kind of stars.

Well if you want the UFC full of retards that tap to cuddling and people getting free passes in life. At least the TUF contestants earn their spots with blood, sweat and tears.

This isn't boxing it's MMA...Stand up skills don't mean **** if you can't stop takedowns or defend against Jits.

Not Boxing....Kickboxing or Muaythai etc...

He wasn't taken down, he threw a dumb spin kick and fell on his butt.

OP you seem to have been missing the point of the UFC,it is a MARKETING business,not a real fight business.

The yare constantly looking for angles to promote the business,it has nothing to do with being passionate about the sport,wanting a clean sport or what is fair for the fighters,the UFC has ONLY one agenda to make money.

It should have become very obvious when Dana so quickly changed his tone about WMMA,he and Lorenzo saw big paydays using Rhonda's media hype.

M

Well if you want the UFC full of retards that tap to cuddling and people getting free passes in life. At least the TUF contestants earn their spots with blood, sweat and tears.

No, what got me interested in the ufc was the diversity of its fighters and particular stars. I like tuf and will watch every series but the past couple have been full of tuf clones, no one massively stood out. Therefore, it's shows like looking for a fight and the likes that will bring in different diverse fighters other than the same kinda guy in the big brother, I mean tuf house.

Every star was an unknown at one point in their career. Just because you don't know who they are, doesn't mean they aren't quality fighters. I hate MMA "fans" that don't know who guys are on a card. If you don't know who someone is on a card, you're a casual, straight up. It takes like 2 seconds to get some basic info on everyone. It'd be like counting out guys like Silva, McGregor, Aldo, and Magny in their UFC debuts because you only watched one of their early fights and they happened to lose/look bad

Every star was an unknown at one point in their career. Just because you don't know who they are, doesn't mean they aren't quality fighters. I hate MMA "fans" that don't know who guys are on a card. If you don't know who someone is on a card, you're a casual, straight up. It takes like 2 seconds to get some basic info on everyone. It'd be like counting out guys like Silva, McGregor, Aldo, and Magny in their UFC debuts because you only watched one of their early fights and they happened to lose/look bad

The quality of the UFC and Bellator has turned me from a hard core fan into a casual. I don't know half the fighters, and I mostly catch the fights when they are reruns on FS2. "Looking for a Fight" doesn't interest me.

^ this. well said LDD

We need less trash tier posters like OP and all the 15er / 16er Canor fanboys that hopped on the ginger short bus express

I'm not ashamed to be on the bus express! It's awesome!! Conor is a fun top 3 in both divisions and I'm loving that part of the ufc right now.

^ this. well said LDD

We need less trash tier posters like OP and all the 15er / 16er Canor fanboys that hopped on the ginger short bus express

Did you like how I included Magny with Silva/McGregor/Aldo?

The quality of the UFC and Bellator has turned me from a hard core fan into a casual. I don't know half the fighters, and I mostly catch the fights when they are reruns on FS2. "Looking for a Fight" doesn't interest me.

And that's your fault, not the UFC's. The talent has never been better than it is now

I'm not ashamed to be on the bus express! It's awesome!! Conor is a fun top 3 in both divisions and I'm loving that part of the ufc right now.

you really do have fun on the short bus don't you buddy. Keep these kind of posts up and you'll win yourself a set of patented Ozpride'd propellor hat and rainbow suspenders!

Canor is not top 8 at LW8 m8

Did you like how I included Magny with Silva/McGregor/Aldo?

And that's your fault, not the UFC's. The talent has never been better than it is now

having more kids in a shallow pool make it deeper yes, but when they hot out it's mostly piss m8

Love all the all star promoters on this forum calling all.these fighters trash and garbage level when all they do.is sit behind a screen with a fake name talking ****.

That's what we all do....Mr ITs-Time....does your boss in real life call you ITs or Time...or are you unemployed? or are you just suffering from bouts of Agnosia? Have you looked around this forum. I don't know about you mate...but i give a **** about this sport.

We used to have Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar throwing the worst striking ever, now the striking has improved so that most fighters can throw hands  (not all). We had an entire era of Wrestling where it was decision, decision, decision and that wasn't even all GSP. We had the introduction of sick jits and people were getting tapped all over the place. Then we had the introduction of striking techniques that changed the game up, front kick to the face,step in elbows, spinning back elbow. All the stuff that people would joke at the gym using but never do it because the risk wasn't worth the reward. I feels too me like we are slipping back into the boxing days. Which is nice in a way but we are supposed to have evolved the sport to where we have these guys that can do it all really well....Then you let in "Trash Tier" Sage Northcutt and it's like we have travelled back in time. Strikers that can't Jits. 

I think the ufc should have a few scouts who would go to these jungle fights to pick up prospects.  Sometimes it's a shame that a good fighter is a little beyond his prime before he gets picked up.  One example is Luke Rockhold.  I think the guy would have been more dominant than Silva.  If you watch some of his older fights, you'll see he is unstoppable. 

Problem for me though isn't new fighters, it's that someone like Sage Northcutt made more in a fight than better fighters but with less hair gel make in 2 years. That and the stink of desperation in the UFCs constant lame attempts to foist off anyone who shines for 5 seconds as the next big thing.

What they really need is a proper scouting system.

Have one is North and South America, Asia, Africa and Europe.

Think how many awesome super talented kids, guys and girls must compete in little cards that are held in their local sports hall. The bulk of those fighters may never get a chance or any kind of exposure that could catapult them to move in to the big time.

The big problem is lack of platform. If in your first couple years you cant make it on to a bigger promotion plenty of fighters end up having to quit due to just having to pay their bills.

The scouting system once a year could be holding extensive trials selecting the best fighters for the UFC to sign.

Doing this will also help the likes of Asia and Africa get more fighters in to the UFC.

Archived