Fighters need heart

NangaParbatWinter16

Sage Northcutt WAS the next big thing but last night joined a list of fighters that lack the heart of a top level fighter. The list includes guys like Rumble Johnson and Uriah Hall so he can still have a decent career its just we all know if these guys are put in a tight spot they will tap like good uns or look for a way out

I would say it was actually more heat than cardio, personally. That being said, you'd be surprised at how quick your cardio can go when you are getting punched in the face!

What it looked like, is that Sage is just not used to getting hit like that, or being put in that kind of situation. Was unfamiliar territory for him, at the end of it, he looked for a way out rather than toughing it out. I seen him wince a few times after taking shots, where other fighters would have continued with their poker face. Sage will come good, he has to learn how to take a few shots first though. He needed that experience and will grow from it.

Lack of heart combined with bad cardio and very inexperienced.

Sage could have got that W by keeping the fight standing but decided to do exactly what Barberena wanted him to do, simple as that.

I still think Sage got a bright future ahead of him doe.

Lets just see now how he will deal with that L.

He's 19 year old. Leave the kid alone. Who are we to slate the guy.

Anderson was 30 when he made his debut. He'll learn and get better. Probably made about 200k in the last 4 months.

Can't have heart and be great. Gsp tapped to strikes and tapped with one second left of the round and is arguably the greatest of all time.

..... So stfu

I would say it was actually more heat than cardio, personally. That being said, you'd be surprised at how quick your cardio can go when you are getting punched in the face!

What it looked like, is that Sage is just not used to getting hit like that, or being put in that kind of situation. Was unfamiliar territory for him, at the end of it, he looked for a way out rather than toughing it out. I seen him wince a few times after taking shots, where other fighters would have continued with their poker face. Sage will come good, he has to learn how to take a few shots first though. He needed that experience and will grow from it.

Yeah, that seems to be what all Sage fans are dreaming of. Pretty sure he'd be willing to oblige you at the local truck stop too.

Archived