Abdul-Kerim Edilov Flagged For USADA Violation

Mcmax3000

Bodied before even getting to fight. This has to be a new record

He's not the first. There was another guy a year, or two ago, can't remember his name, that failed a test before his first fight in the UFC. The best part was, he did his suspension, then finally had his first fight, and then failed the post fight drug test.

He's not the first. There was another guy a year, or two ago, can't remember his name, that failed a test before his first fight in the UFC. The best part was, he did his suspension, then finally had his first fight, and then failed the post fight drug test.

Robert Drysdale failed a pre-fight test, got another chance, fought and then failed his post-fight test

whats the drug doesnt even say. if they going to announce it they should say what it is, not fair to the fighter if he only had too much caffeine in his system and say he violated anti doping stuff

There's two parts to a USADA failure. First, they announce a potential failure, which is what happened here, then the fighter has the chance to contest it if they wish, or request that the B sample gets tested, and then once that process plays out, if the fighter is still determined to have failed, that's when they actually get a full suspension.

I believe Cro Cop is the only one that has gotten to the actual suspension part so far, and he announced on his own what he had taken, so I don't know whether, or not what they failed for gets announced publicly at the end, but if they're going to make that announcement publicly, I would expect it to come then, not now. Either way, I'm sure the fighter already knows.

Archived