i dont see jon jones accepting fight against rumble johnson

Brockinator

If the UFC offer Johnson to Jones after Jones wins the belt then Jones will happily take that fight knowing that Johnson is just another step towards his own legacy. Jones will have no fear of Johnsons power because he will also have seen he is poor at defending the TD, poor off his back and gasses fast. I see Jones putting it on Rumble for a round before choking him out in the second

While a dumbazz in real life, Jones is a pretty smart fighter. He'll use that condor-like wingspan and front and oblique kicks to keep "Big Black" Johnson away til Johnson gasses. My guess would be towards the end of 2nd round. After that Jones will have his way and finish Johnson in whatever way he wants to. That said, Anthony seems to have bulked down a bit so he may be going for a more gas-free physique, but that will only delay the end by a round at most.

Jon Jones fought Glover Teixeira who at that stage was a proper KO artist with a power punch who hadnt lost in 8 fights. True... Jones poked his eyes out & wrenched his right arm out the socket but hes not scared.

Machida, Shogun, Texeiria, Rampage, VTRTor

Jones has gone through lots of KO artists.

Jones has a good chin. That has been proven.

Jones has faced every LHW (except AJ) tho how can you say he's afraid of power punchers?

pretty sure Jones would take the fight and beat johnson more convincingly than DC did.

What power punchers has Jones faced? 

Rampage, Rashad, Grover Texas, and Shogun have  some KO's on their resume, but they were all well past their sell by date by the time they faced Jones. Also, their KO wins are all sporadic throughout their career, Jones has never faced anyone who achieves all of his wins by dusting dudes in the first round.

What power punchers has Jones faced? 

Rampage, Rashad, Grover Texas, and Shogun have  some KO's on their resume, but they were all well past their sell by date by the time they faced Jones. Also, their KO wins are all sporadic throughout their career, Jones has never faced anyone who achieves all of his wins by dusting dudes in the first round.

You make some points but what about Rumbles weakness, which we all know Jones could exploit and then win because of it.

You make some points but what about Rumbles weakness, which we all know Jones could exploit and then win because of it.

Jones takedowns are overrated. His defensive wrestling is good, but he rarely uses his wrestling offensively. He gets hit a lot too, and we've never seen him take a clean shot from someone that can hit like Rumble. We won't know until we see it, but I think Rumble could melt Jones. 

Also, Jones pokes all of his opponents in the eyes, and Rumble has buried every opponent that has ever poked him in the eyes. 

Jones takedowns are overrated. His defensive wrestling is good, but he rarely uses his wrestling offensively. He gets hit a lot too, and we've never seen him take a clean shot from someone that can hit like Rumble. We won't know until we see it, but I think Rumble could melt Jones. 

Also, Jones pokes all of his opponents in the eyes, and Rumble has buried every opponent that has ever poked him in the eyes. 

there's the truth and why Rumble beats Jones

there's the truth and why Rumble beats Jones

Inaccurate.

Josh Koscheck poked him in the eye twice then choked him out.

He has good takedowns but he's a greco guy.  He usually lands them in the clinch.  Cormier can do shoot from the outside or land them in the clinch.

I favor Jones for sure but I wouldn't write Rumble off because of his loss to Cormier.  He was training for a 6'5" Greco/eye poker with a 85" reach and ended up fighting a 5'10" Olympic wrestler with a rock solid chin.  Daniel didn't even get hit on the chin and he was knocked backwards like he had just been hit by a car.  He's lucky it caught him around the upper eye area and lower part of the forehead.

Why Bader and Davis fail so miserably at taking him down?

I guess an Olympian proved he has **** takedown defense though... you're right m8.

Also Jones is so known for shooting that double from the outside... not his takedowns in the clinch where he's in striking range.

Don't get me wrong I would bet on Jon Jones but he better not poke Anthony is the eyes or his head will come CLEAN OFF.  

LOL Jones Ego as most fighters have is bigger than Wyoming.LMAO no idea why i said Wyoming i live in canada :P

Jones would be as usual a HEAVY favorite,he is just too smart,you have size skill and smarts,that is one tough nut to crack.

Rumble does have that punchers chance and imo a better one that anyone else in the division.He has to win it round one or first 30 seconds of round 2 or it is good night submission time.He already told us he felt a bit scared when tubby was sitting on him,so when he gets tired and has the giant Jones on him,he is going to tap as fast as Sage did maybe even as fast as Bob Sapp.

Archived