Are you confused about Wonderboy?

cashfl0w

I've noticed a few people here that seem to think Stephen Thompson is this amazing striker who is untouchable on the feet. I understand you heard GSP sing praises from the rooftops, but let's take a closer look at his last win.

Somewhere towards the middle of the first round, Wonderboy decided he could mix it up with the absolute monster that is Jake Ellenberger. Then this happens..

ff786b97-019e-44f9-8486-c3f86b7ba6d0_zps

Bang. Down goes Wonderboy. For those of you that thinks Johny Hendricks will have to use the head in groin technique, notice who shot for it first in the last fight...

ccc01715-2bd9-45b6-b0e7-35a9fc842f5f_zps

That's right. You don't believe your eyes, but your awesome kickboxer is now a wrestler.

21386a55-f806-46b0-a1fb-64db06db7618_zps

That was in the first round.

Watch the fights.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonderboy is pretty amazing but he's definitely not untouchable and he's not great inside the pocket.

At range where he's most comfortable his leg dexterity and speed can be deadly but in close with that upright karate posture and wanting to maintain distance he's vulnerable to short punches coming in pocket or breaking out of clinches and close quarter exchanges. Once he's back outside his kicks and pot shot straight punches are a threat. 

The whole both of them being southpaws is gonna make things even more interesting. 

If Johny Hendricks can close the gap on Condit, Kampmann, and Grant.. he can close the distance on Wonderboy.

Very likely but he's really gonna have to watch out for that right roundhouse high kick and the right wheel kick if he comes bull rushing in to let his left hand go he might lean right into it. 

Wonderboy is really good with both of those kicks. 

If Hendricks just wants to play it safe he can sniff this idiot's nutsack no worries.  If he can find that big left that he hasn't been letting go that much lately he can lay him out.

Wonderboy is gonna have to catch him with his guard down on a high risk kick and hope for the best.  If he misses with any of that **** he's getting taken down.

I'm all in on Benavidez, St. Preux and Hendricks.  These favorites are not losing.  If they do I'll shut this forum down with rustle unlike anything you have ever witnessed before.

And what did I tell you about filling my threads up with gibberish you don't believe?

You're locked in for a month long sig/AV/username bet on this fight. I'm sick of that.

lol

I don't bet with known welchers mate. You really don't want your name to be MenstrualFl0w anyway do you?

lol

I don't bet with known welchers mate. You really don't want your name to be MenstrualFl0w anyway do you?

I'll take Hendricks.

There it is. Oz is locked in for a month long sig/AV/username on this fight because he's been prewarned about filling up my threads with salty vaj comments that he doesn't even believe.

Well done, CC209. I will create the thread for you on Saturday night to remind you of the easiest victory since Stipe fought that fat Kiwi can.

Yeah the bet is on... BUT you also lose the bet, if he wins by decision. Deal?

I missed this. I was going to punk out because there's a possibility Hendricks could gas in the latter rounds, and then end up laying on him to win the fight...

But I'm in. I don't see a sub coming from Hendricks, but the way it's set up, I could potentially win like that. So I'm in. Let's do it. Two weeks instead of a month. Cool?

I've been wondering the same thing about all the hype with his standup. Not saying he isn't a good striker but who has he fought and dominated for more than a minute? He has his legs and that seems to be it at this point. I would say he was unique striking. Or unique to the UFC. JH doesn't just get caught easily either. And when he does, which I remember maybe one time he was kinda dazed, it takes a lot and doesn't end the fight. He is going to need a wide open Cro Cop style head kick to beat JH. And JH is better than that. So I think people are just excited about a exciting fighter. Or what they think is an exciting fighter. \

If Thompson wins this, he will be champ. If his striking is as good as people all of a sudden think it is, he will have no problem with the rest of the division. But I doubt that. And I am a huge Weidman fan so I believe he is getting great training. But look at what happened with Rockhold as well.

Anyway, that's my 6 cents. 

I missed this. I was going to punk out because there's a possibility Hendricks could gas in the latter rounds, and then end up laying on him to win the fight...

But I'm in. I don't see a sub coming from Hendricks, but the way it's set up, I could potentially win like that. So I'm in. Let's do it. Two weeks instead of a month. Cool?

Hendricks is knocking him CLEAN OUT

I just checked the welchers list of shame v2.0 and the name "OzPride" is on it. Mentions a bet with Gaybri.

Oh, the irony.

Tew cans so I'm rooting for the can that doesn't want to stick his head in the others guy's crotch for 25 mins

Please review the OP. Thank you.

Fatdricks has now evolved to Hendicracks

hendricks-500x550-1454514100.png

RIP Wonderbread

My grandma is more jacked than that, smh

Your grandma could be a real contender.

So we're doing a finish the fight bet. But if Hendricks wins a decision, you're ****ed. Just to clearify.. I mean you're a known welch. :D

So? Isn't Cash a welch? How does that change the situation. Genius?

I welched a bet towards the end of it when I was about to see a bunch of Fight Club members IRL, and I didn't feel like introducing myself as some crazy name like I did the time before that at a Fight Club get-together. That's all.

Then I let NyteRyder totally welch an entire month long bet with me to make up for it. Because the bet was with him. Never have I welched any other bet. Nor will I welch to you. Btw, I would completely understand if you had to meet a bunch of people and you didn't want to introduce yourself as "Finishes_Men", and show up as the creepy guy using those AVs that Wedo used to give you. lol

What I don't understand is how Woodley was a bigger dog than Wonderboy... lol!

The public is gullible as ****. That's why. Woodley doesn't have a bunch of preachers about how great he is. I literally heard Thompson's dad refer to him as "The Wonderboy" in the countdown. Not Steve. Not Stephen. Not "my boy". "The Wonderboy".

That should give you a pretty solid impression about how much hype he has. It's Northcuttesque.

The public is gullible as ****. That's why. Woodley doesn't have a bunch of preachers about how great he is. I literally heard Thompson's dad refer to him as "The Wonderboy" in the countdown. Not Steve. Not Stephen. Not "my boy". "The Wonderboy".

That should give you a pretty solid impression about how much hype he has. It's Northcuttesque.

Fogletboy will get retired on Saturday

Archived