CM Punk on Mickey Gall

Denizen

Ok, he sounds humble, realistic, etc but that is his best bet lol. He knows he cant run his mouth because he might even get bodied by this kid so yeah, his best bet is that kind of speech.

I have nothing against CM Punk I just dont like how the UFC/Dana are handling the whole thing with his debut.

A lot of guys could've and would've come out there and talked only about how hard they are training, how confident they are, how much they've learnt.

He called himself "The prettiest girl at the ball" and talked about how a couple of wmma BW's have called him out. That's pretty cool for a guy in his spot. He gave respect to Gall for being a low income working class guy too.

Yeah, I realise he's used to being in the public eye and I'm sure he has PR advisors but that short clip was enough to  show me that he's not carried away by his ego.

A lot of guys could've and would've come out there and talked only about how hard they are training, how confident they are, how much they've learnt.

He called himself "The prettiest girl at the ball" and talked about how a couple of wmma BW's have called him out. That's pretty cool for a guy in his spot. He gave respect to Gall for being a low income working class guy too.

Yeah, I realise he's used to being in the public eye and I'm sure he has PR advisors but that short clip was enough to  show me that he's not carried away by his ego.

Honestly, as someone who is a wrestling fan, and has watched him for years, and listened to him doing interviews, and listened to interviews with people who have worked with him, I don't think that's any kind of PR thing. I think that's just him.

I never heard of him before, never followed Pro Wrestling, yet I really like him as a person. It seems to me he's done promoting fights, and wants to be as honest as he can.

Regardless of his fight against Gall, though, I believe he'll retire will 3 or 4 fights. All he talks about is avoiding damage at all costs, staying healthy. Wouldn't be surprised if retired after his first loss, which I hope is not happening that soon.

Listening to him talk has been refreshing since we have had nothing but Idiot McGregor shoved down our throats.  Brooks sounds intelligent and articulate.  On top of that he has been incredibly respectful.  He doesn't have to be.  He can talk **** non-stop like McGregor and deal with the potential fallout later depending on whether he wins.  It's nice to see a guy at the center of the spotlight act like a normal human being instead of some unjustified narcissist.  UFC is going to love this guy if he is successful, not just have to act like they love him.

I get that ppl look at him as a sideshow, undeserving of his place in thr ufc and I can see that.

But from the minute he announced his intentions to fight and didn't hat interview with Rogan at that event he even said I'm here to test myself, i m here to fight i know full well I can get my **** kicked.

He seems to be very truthful about ****. Anybody who has followed him knows he doesn't filter what he feels.

This Gall kid is pretty big for 155,idk how skilled he really is that fight was absolutely meaningless.However i am quite certain CMPunk is not skilled and likely never will be.I am trying to think of the timeline,i am guess CM agreed to all of this before the drug testing went into full swing,he likely thought he could just roid his way to a win,now he has to actually train.

There is always a difference between a man's strength and a young kid but Gall is just too big for Punk and he won't beat him with skills either,so it looks like an easy win for Gall.How many UFC fighters got to debut 2-0 beating two complete cans?

Geesh GSP had to fight Ivan Menjivar who missed weight in his pro debut and Karo Parisyan in his first UFC fight,man have times changed,from legit to circus acts.

This Gall kid is pretty big for 155,idk how skilled he really is that fight was absolutely meaningless.However i am quite certain CMPunk is not skilled and likely never will be.I am trying to think of the timeline,i am guess CM agreed to all of this before the drug testing went into full swing,he likely thought he could just roid his way to a win,now he has to actually train.

There is always a difference between a man's strength and a young kid but Gall is just too big for Punk and he won't beat him with skills either,so it looks like an easy win for Gall.How many UFC fighters got to debut 2-0 beating two complete cans?

Geesh GSP had to fight Ivan Menjivar who missed weight in his pro debut and Karo Parisyan in his first UFC fight,man have times changed,from legit to circus acts.

Because everything Punk has said or done just screams roids doesn't it.

He has admitted he may get his **** kicked, that there are so many others who are more skilled than him and that he is testing himself.

I dont see him ever burning a trail and being anything other than a guy who may or may not win a couple fights, he will definatly lose some, but he is coming to fight. That i Can at least respect, win or lose. 

Better than these crytits like Weidcan and Hendroids who make an excuse for everything about why they didn't win, forgetting the answer that they just got outclassed and beaten.

I will admit when I heard C M Punk was coming into the UFC, my first vision was all the showboating that goes with the WWE.  Then it was his build and how well most of the show wrestlers keep in shape, albeit most are roided to the gills.

Even when I pushed the play button I had this same thought in my head, and will readily admit I was quite surprised by the humbleness of the interview.

Now with that said, is this clip a ploy, another line for the show?  It doesn't appear so on first appearance, but time will tell.  I can't remember, other than Lesnar and The Rock, who else has crossed lines, but it would appear the crossover wasn't that good, except, Brock, and some say that's questionable.

I'm willing to look at him as a new addition to the corp, but won't hold my breath on how long he will last, or how long before we see him toss someone over the top, or do another grandstand WWE move.

I bet CM Punk will be a favorite 

If that is the case, I am betting the HOUSE on the other random

CM Punk will absolutely be the favorite. But how is he any less random than the guy who has actually fought? lol

I believe you underestimate how much Zuffa wants his hype train to really get rolling. I guarantee you the matchmakers see something in Gall that they believe Punk can exploit.

CM Punk will absolutely be the favorite. But how is he any less random than the guy who has actually fought? lol

I believe you underestimate how much Zuffa wants his hype train to really get rolling. I guarantee you the matchmakers see something in Gall that they believe Punk can exploit.

CM is an old worn out pro wrestler with no experience training or fighting. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a fixed fight, though. 

CM is an old worn out pro wrestler with no experience training or fighting. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a fixed fight, though. 

I'm not sure you understand that a pro wrestling match is equally as physically taxing, sometimes more than some of the UFC fights. The fact that CM Punk was a main eventer towards the end of his career means that he will have better cardio walking into Roufusport than most of the guys at that gym.

Age won't matter in this instance. It's all about skill.

I'm not sure you understand that a pro wrestling match is equally as physically taxing, sometimes more than some of the UFC fights. The fact that CM Punk was a main eventer towards the end of his career means that he will have better cardio walking into Roufusport than most of the guys at that gym.

Age won't matter in this instance. It's all about skill.

I do understand that, and that isn't a good thing. Pro wrestlers are broken down immensely. The fresher body is with the other random.

I do understand that, and that isn't a good thing. Pro wrestlers are broken down immensely. The fresher body is with the other random.

Absolutely. I still believe the tougher guy will be CM Punk, and it won't even be close.

Gall will land that same punch against Punk. I doubt it's going to drop him like it did that tater at the last event. Either way, I bet you never thought you'd be discussing a CM Punk fight seriously, eh? lol

Absolutely. I still believe the tougher guy will be CM Punk, and it won't even be close.

Gall will land that same punch against Punk. I doubt it's going to drop him like it did that tater at the last event. Either way, I bet you never thought you'd be discussing a CM Punk fight seriously, eh? lol

I still can't take it seriously lol

Well yeah they see something,that si the fact that Gall is a kid.i have been down and seen that road before,young very tough kid thinks he can take on the world but is not smart enough,fight IQ is not yet there.

However that doesn't mean there are not exceptions,Gall may very well be smart,understand what can happen at any given time and just own CMPunk.I feel gall will win this,i am certain of it but CM will not be so easy to beat.

BTW you don't come from the WWE without being exposed to roids.I am not even saying he WAS going to do it, only suggesting the possibility that it crossed his mind to get jacked up for a real fight and allow him to get there faster.I say this because WHY did the UFC decide to sign him so long before an actual fight,i somehow get the feeling CMPunk had let on he would be ready sooner than later,so then i asked myself what would lead him to believe that?

Also going on what everyone else is saying about him not thinking he is ready or might get his **** handed to him,then why did he even sign so far out from any possible fight?To me he THOUGHT he had an easy shortcut planned out,especially knowing that he has seen and been exposed to every day.

I am sure Royce Gracie looks jacked and that anyone ever thought he was using or going to use roids either.People change when they see and know of easy shortcuts.

Ok, he sounds humble, realistic, etc but that is his best bet lol. He knows he cant run his mouth because he might even get bodied by this kid so yeah, his best bet is that kind of speech.

I have nothing against CM Punk I just dont like how the UFC/Dana are handling the whole thing with his debut.

I'm not a fan of CM but how else could they handle it... if they gave him someone that was actually good CM would probably get smashed and they wouldn't be able to make money off of him

I've decided I like CM Punk. He's realistic, humble and has self deprecating humour.

I wish him well.

You must not follow wrestling. Imagine all the ****y things you've seen

- Rampage Jackson

- Dana White

- Ronda Rousey

- BJ Penn

- Tito Ortiz

do in life, and that's what CM Punk did while wrestling.  He's a complete ****, always has been, always will be no matter how nice he's trying to act right now since the UFC is paying his medical bills.  

Archived