NO FRIENDS- Robert Whittaker

Nickybrads

Up and coming fighter Robert Whittaker has stormed into the UFC top 15 middleweight rankings at an impressive #no7. This came about after a nice win-streak of 4 ‘on the trot’ with the most notable; a KO of Brad Tavares in the first round followed by a man-handling display vs the ever-dangerous Uriah Hall, both of which occurred in 2015.

What makes this most impressive is that he is one of the youngest top 10 fighters in the entire UFC (AND) he is a rare-bread of Kiwi-Australian. 

The problem for 2016 however, is that now, no one wants to fight him. The entire roster has booked fights and none with R.W. The issue is that he is too dangerous in relation to his ‘unknown name’. Meaning that other top 10 fighters are not ‘jumping at the bit’ to secure him on their CV/resumes.

Why would you when you can fight ‘less dangerous/more famous’ opponents in Dan Henderson, Lyoto Machida, Michael Bisbing, Vitor Belfort and Anderson Silva who are ALL between the ages of 36 to 45 and are at the back end of their careers. Not to mention steroid abuse is being cracked down on (finally) which has to have an effect on some.

What an opportunist chance to have hall of famers in your poolroom like mounted hunting trophies. Their names alone move you up the rankings quickly. It’s a win-win situation. However, Robert Whittaker in the octagon is simply a lose-lose situation.

If you are not getting my drift, let me put it in layman’s terms……. As a fighter you have to look at the pros vs cons for each potential opponent. Who is going to move me up the rankings the most with the least amount of trouble? Fact is that Robert Whittaker is going to move you up the rankings the ‘least’ with the ‘most’ amount of trouble. So why would anyone accept the fight when they have other options?

My guess is that Robert Whittaker’s next opponent will ‘NOT’ be a name that he deserves, nor will it be a name MMA fans are hoping for. BUT, if Whittaker can make ‘light work’ of whomever the UFC put in front of him; a win streak of (5) would make it impossible to be ignored, and a top 5 fight WILL be on the cards! R.W stocks will go up 500% across Australia and New Zealand. ‘Band-wagoners’ welcome! 

I see bright horizons for the youngster where he may have a whole ‘school yard of friends’ and I predict this to happen in the back-half of 2016. 

UP THE ANZACS!!   

NOT AUSTRALIAN - Robert Whittaker 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Whittaker_(fighter)

Robert John Whittaker[2] (born 20 December 1990) is an Australian professionalmixed martial artist of Māori descent currently competing in the Middleweightdivision of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.[3] A professional MMA competitor since 2009, Whittaker was a contestant on the first installment of The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes and won the Welterweight tournament. As of November 2015, he is #8 in the official UFC Middleweight rankings.

Robert Whittaker Born Robert Whittaker

20 December 1990 (age 25)

MiddlemoreAuckland, New Zealand

NationalityAustralian

New Zealander

lolololol-gif.gif?gs=a

Slow down partner. Hold on a second.

Robert is a very talented fighter, young and dangerous BUT Im not even sure he can beat Machida, for instance. I mean, just look what happened when he faced Wonderboy!

Also, what you are missing is that in the end of the day, the UFC is the decider on who fights who even if a fighter doesnt agree with it so if the UFC was really sure this kid was "all that" then I can guarantee you they would match him against the "big dogs" SPECIALLY now when the MW division is starting to run out of challengers.

Robert John Whittaker[2] (born 20 December 1990) is an Australian professionalmixed martial artist of Māori descent currently competing in the Middleweightdivision of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.[3] A professional MMA competitor since 2009, Whittaker was a contestant on the first installment of The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes and won the Welterweight tournament. As of November 2015, he is #8 in the official UFC Middleweight rankings.

20 December 1990 (age 25)

MiddlemoreAuckland, New Zealand

NationalityAustralian

New Zealander

lolololol-gif.gif?gs=a

must be true...Wikipedia is reliable as ****

Aw no, came into this thread to defend oz...then realised the guy is a Maori born in Auckland!!

Why you do this oz??

oh yeah he's absolutely not a born bred Aussie - dual citizen though which is more than I can say for Michael ;)

I appreciate the centiment though old chap

Robert John Whittaker[2] (born 20 December 1990) is an Australian professionalmixed martial artist of Māori descent currently competing in the Middleweightdivision of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.[3] A professional MMA competitor since 2009, Whittaker was a contestant on the first installment of The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes and won the Welterweight tournament. As of November 2015, he is #8 in the official UFC Middleweight rankings.

20 December 1990 (age 25)Middlemore, Auckland, New Zealand

NationalityAustralian

New Zealander

lolololol-gif.gif?gs=a

ok he lives in Australia we all get that but the important thing is he has NZ blood and genetics!That is why he is a beast!

Up and coming fighter Robert Whittaker has stormed into the UFC top 15 middleweight rankings at an impressive #no7. This came about after a nice win-streak of 4 ‘on the trot’ with the most notable; a KO of Brad Tavares in the first round followed by a man-handling display vs the ever-dangerous Uriah Hall, both of which occurred in 2015.

What makes this most impressive is that he is one of the youngest top 10 fighters in the entire UFC (AND) he is a rare-bread of Kiwi-Australian. 

The problem for 2016 however, is that now, no one wants to fight him. The entire roster has booked fights and none with R.W. The issue is that he is too dangerous in relation to his ‘unknown name’. Meaning that other top 10 fighters are not ‘jumping at the bit’ to secure him on their CV/resumes.

Why would you when you can fight ‘less dangerous/more famous’ opponents in Dan Henderson, Lyoto Machida, Michael Bisbing, Vitor Belfort and Anderson Silva who are ALL between the ages of 36 to 45 and are at the back end of their careers. Not to mention steroid abuse is being cracked down on (finally) which has to have an effect on some.

What an opportunist chance to have hall of famers in your poolroom like mounted hunting trophies. Their names alone move you up the rankings quickly. It’s a win-win situation. However, Robert Whittaker in the octagon is simply a lose-lose situation.

If you are not getting my drift, let me put it in layman’s terms……. As a fighter you have to look at the pros vs cons for each potential opponent. Who is going to move me up the rankings the most with the least amount of trouble? Fact is that Robert Whittaker is going to move you up the rankings the ‘least’ with the ‘most’ amount of trouble. So why would anyone accept the fight when they have other options?

My guess is that Robert Whittaker’s next opponent will ‘NOT’ be a name that he deserves, nor will it be a name MMA fans are hoping for. BUT, if Whittaker can make ‘light work’ of whomever the UFC put in front of him; a win streak of (5) would make it impossible to be ignored, and a top 5 fight WILL be on the cards! R.W stocks will go up 500% across Australia and New Zealand. ‘Band-wagoners’ welcome! 

I see bright horizons for the youngster where he may have a whole ‘school yard of friends’ and I predict this to happen in the back-half of 2016. 

UP THE ANZACS!!   

we already knew all that!mate what the fug is this rare breed kiwi-Aussie shee at?kiwis have been banging Aussies into next week for a long long time!kiwi-Aussie are not rare breeds and Whittaker is not one of those breeds!

The plus side of all of these ducks being lined up and Rob not with a fight and fit ready to go is that there's what, six fights around his rank that are sanctioned. When's the last time there were 6 fights in one division involving ranked fighters where there wasn't at least one can pulled out with injury? Guarantee Robs on speed dial for all of them. So its

Luke vs Criedma'am #1

#12 Brunson vs #15 Caneiro

#8 Moose vs #9 Leites

#6 Spits vs #10 Anderson

#4 Machida vs #14 Hendo

#3 Jacare vs #2 Vitor

#13 Natal just fought, Rob just rekt #11 Hall.

It's either Kennedy or a replacement for an injury/adjustment. Lol hate to be Kennedy right now. He's ducking hard.

Very interesting times for Rob. Hes game as **** and ready for any of them.

The plus side of all of these ducks being lined up and Rob not with a fight and fit ready to go is that there's what, six fights around his rank that are sanctioned. When's the last time there were 6 fights in one division involving ranked fighters where there wasn't at least one can pulled out with injury? Guarantee Robs on speed dial for all of them. So its

Luke vs Criedma'am #1

#12 Brunson vs #15 Caneiro

#8 Moose vs #9 Leites

#6 Spits vs #10 Anderson

#4 Machida vs #14 Hendo

#3 Jacare vs #2 Vitor

#13 Natal just fought, Rob just rekt #11 Hall.

It's either Kennedy or a replacement for an injury/adjustment. Lol hate to be Kennedy right now. He's ducking hard.

Very interesting times for Rob. Hes game as **** and ready for any of them.

Tim Kennedy would absolutely ruin this can's life. lol

Yes you made that point.. here I'll make my point again.. Hall was by far the more dangerous opponent

Bisping has finished more fights, and a higher percentage of them than Hall.

Hall's got a great highlight reel, but when he's not KOing people with spinning **** he's very tentative.  There's a reason he's ranked several places below our Michael; a lot of it down to heart IMO.

Bisping has finished more fights, and a higher percentage of them than Hall.

Hall's got a great highlight reel, but when he's not KOing people with spinning **** he's very tentative.  There's a reason he's ranked several places below our Michael; a lot of it down to heart IMO.

you're clutching here Bubba.. it doesn't take a lot of heart to eye gouge when in danger then TKO a half blind opponent

Have you heard Whittaker speak.... his Aussie accent is thicker than mine having lived here since he was like 4 yrs old. He says outta his own mouth he is representing Australia. That is his choice, not yours or mine. Hence Kiwi-Australian. hence the southern cross tattoo on his chest (Aussie) and Moari tattoo on his shoulder (kiwi).  BTW he would ruin Bisbing who is old and simply getting payed (no real threat to the top 5 or belt).. 

Have you heard Whittaker speak.... his Aussie accent is thicker than mine having lived here since he was like 4 yrs old. He says outta his own mouth he is representing Australia. That is his choice, not yours or mine. Hence Kiwi-Australian. hence the southern cross tattoo on his chest (Aussie) and Moari tattoo on his shoulder (kiwi).  BTW he would ruin Bisbing who is old and simply getting payed (no real threat to the top 5 or belt).. 

the southern cross isnt coloured in. its kiwi.

PS you're gonna need more than 2 posts here before anyone takes you seriously - especially with both of them in your own thread ;)

It takes a lot of heart to lose to roiders and keep coming back for more.  Hall's shown very little heart in the UFC so far, which is a shame as he's a beast.

Sorry I thought you meant Rob - of course Hall has no heart. That's a given. He's still far more dangerous to anyone than Michael is

He sounds English m8. 

LIKE I SAID.

He was never going to get a top 5, or even top 10 fight that he deserved. 

He got Natal at #no12. After he beats Natal, he will get the fights he wants in the top 5. Big names!! .....AND  you would think he will move up the rankings to #no4 in front of the following:

Bisbing once he loses to Anderson Silva...

Kennedy who hasn't fought since 2014 and has not beaten ANY of the top 5 middleweights ever....

Machida who has lost alot recently

Not sure where they will rank Anderson Silva assuming he beats Bisbing..... ??? 

Archived