The numbers do not lie.... Or do they?

NangaParbatWinter16

For a while we have been hearing from the UFC, Conor and the ****s that Conor McGregor is "Changing the game" and "The numbers don't lie" is their phrase they feel proves their point.

However those numbers the boast about are UFC made, the UFC use advertising, hype and stacked cards to boost fighters and they have done this to an unprecedented degree with both Conor and to a degree Ronda too (Though she has been proven to carry a card before).

UFC 189 Sold a million ppv's with McGregor vs Mendes as main event, but look at the massive press tours, advertising, tv appearances etc in the build up. Also look at the co main event Robbie Lawler vs Rory MacDonald title fight, a huge fight.

UFC 194 Sold 1.2 million ppv's but again it was an event the UFC threw money at and had a card absolutely stacked with MW Title fight Weidman vs Rockhold, it had number one contender fight at MW Souza vs Rockhold and also had guys like Faber etc

The only other PPV card McGregor fought on was UFC 178 which sold a paltry 205,000 ppv's and the main reason was the card was headlined by Mighty mouse who is a champion the UFC do not advertise or throw money at. If Mcgregor had the star power they claim he should have had at least 700,000 sales.

It all comes down to whether or not its Uncle Dana or the Baldy boss to the fighter, If Dana takes a liking to a fighter he backs them and the PPV figures back that assertion

UFC 178 which sold a paltry 205,000 ppv's and the main reason was the card was headlined by Mighty mouse who is a champion the UFC do not advertise or throw money at.

For a few sentences you were beginning to sound logical for once, then you dropped this bomb on us. 

For a few sentences you were beginning to sound logical for once, then you dropped this bomb on us.

I do not see where i strayed from logic? Demetrious Johnson gets very little in the way of support from the UFC. The guy is a dominant champion and gets next to no coverage but the UFC could change that tomorrow by hyping the DJ vs Cejudo fight and highlighting DJ's continued dominance

I do not see where i strayed from logic? Demetrious Johnson gets very little in the way of support from the UFC. The guy is a dominant champion and gets next to no coverage but the UFC could change that tomorrow by hyping the DJ vs Cejudo fight and highlighting DJ's continued dominance

I actually thought you said the only reason that card got to 205K buys was because of MM.. My mistake, carry on old chap.

Weidman v Belfort did 375,000 buys.  Weidman v Rockhold did >1 million.  It's much more likely that was down to Aldo v Mcgregor headlining than swapping Belfort for Rockhold.

Likewise, UFC 181 (Lawler v Hendricks) drew just under 400,000 PPV buys.  Whereas UFC 189 also broke the million barrier.  Of course having two title fights is always going to bring in more buys, but those numbers are much more relevant than a MM headlined card from 2014.

I get it - you don't like Conor, but love him or hate him, people tune in to watch him fight.  The numbers talk is just logical, unemotional analysis of numbers.  

Do you think the UFC pay him a ton of cash just because they find him endearing???

I answered this one last week mate.

Congratulations, you are now officially more obsessed with Conor than Cole is.

They put the advertising money towards the shows they think are most likely to draw casual interest. McGregor does that. Rousey does that. Demetrious Johnson does not.

They could throw five times as much advertising at a Johnson headlined PPV as they did at 194, and it would still only sell a fraction of the buys.

Lets also not ignore the fact that for UFC 189, Lawler/MacDonald received almost no advertising whatsoever, especially before Aldo got hurt. It wouldn't surprise me if a number of people bought that show not even knowing that there was a second title fight.

Even up here in Canada, where you'd think they'd want to push the fact that a Canadian was challenging for the title, most of the ads didn't even mention the second title fight.

They put the advertising money towards the shows they think are most likely to draw casual interest. McGregor does that. Rousey does that. Demetrious Johnson does not.

They could throw five times as much advertising at a Johnson headlined PPV as they did at 194, and it would still only sell a fraction of the buys.

Lets also not ignore the fact that for UFC 189, Lawler/MacDonald received almost no advertising whatsoever, especially before Aldo got hurt. It wouldn't surprise me if a number of people bought that show not even knowing that there was a second title fight.

This level-headed analysis and logic has no place here McMod.  The forum can only handle blind love or blind hatred towards Conor.

I'm inclined to agree though.  There used to be a little bit of doubt as to whether Ronda was really "all that" in terms of PPV buys as she tended to share a card; UFC 193 put paid to that theory.  Pretty sure that Conor has polarised the MMA world so much that he could headline a card with Rosholt v himself as co-main and it would break the million buys.

This level-headed analysis and logic has no place here McMod.  The forum can only handle blind love or blind hatred towards Conor.

I'm inclined to agree though.  There used to be a little bit of doubt as to whether Ronda was really "all that" in terms of PPV buys as she tended to share a card; UFC 193 put paid to that theory.  Pretty sure that Conor has polarised the MMA world so much that he could headline a card with Rosholt v himself as co-main and it would break the million buys.

Classic.

Thanks Bubba

I answered this one last week mate.

Congratulations, you are now officially more obsessed with Conor than Cole is.

I am not obsessed with McGregor mate I  come on the forum to discuss whatever is relevant to me at that time, Usually I will watch interviews , fights, analysis and that will make me come on and discuss my thoughts on what I just seen. Sadly at the moment Conor is big news and therefore he pops up in a lot of the interviews and he always makes up whoppers that catch my eye.

For a while we have been hearing from the UFC, Conor and the ****s that Conor McGregor is "Changing the game" and "The numbers don't lie" is their phrase they feel proves their point.

However those numbers the boast about are UFC made, the UFC use advertising, hype and stacked cards to boost fighters and they have done this to an unprecedented degree with both Conor and to a degree Ronda too (Though she has been proven to carry a card before).

UFC 189 Sold a million ppv's with McGregor vs Mendes as main event, but look at the massive press tours, advertising, tv appearances etc in the build up. Also look at the co main event Robbie Lawler vs Rory MacDonald title fight, a huge fight.

UFC 194 Sold 1.2 million ppv's but again it was an event the UFC threw money at and had a card absolutely stacked with MW Title fight Weidman vs Rockhold, it had number one contender fight at MW Souza vs Rockhold and also had guys like Faber etc

The only other PPV card McGregor fought on was UFC 178 which sold a paltry 205,000 ppv's and the main reason was the card was headlined by Mighty mouse who is a champion the UFC do not advertise or throw money at. If Mcgregor had the star power they claim he should have had at least 700,000 sales.

It all comes down to whether or not its Uncle Dana or the Baldy boss to the fighter, If Dana takes a liking to a fighter he backs them and the PPV figures back that assertion

What. The. ****.

Ufc 178? He had only fought 3 times for the ufc by that point, he wasn't nearly as known then in the beginning stages of his career. He wasn't brock lesnar coming into the ufc, he was an irish kid with hands...

You are not the smartest poster alive....

What. The. ****.

Ufc 178? He had only fought 3 times for the ufc by that point, he wasn't nearly as known then in the beginning stages of his career. He wasn't brock lesnar coming into the ufc, he was an irish kid with hands...

You are not the smartest poster alive....

I might have known Conor's girlfriend would get on that point, Fact is the numbers he claims are his simply aren't and if it was possible to hit 1 million ppv's with him on a weak card the UFC would be all over it so they could keep better fighters for other cards therefore spreading their own talent and wealth. When Dos Anjos "Frankinrapes" Conor and then Aldo takes his belt back it will be back to the prelims with him

I might have known Conor's girlfriend would get on that point, Fact is the numbers he claims are his simply aren't and if it was possible to hit 1 million ppv's with him on a weak card the UFC would be all over it so they could keep better fighters for other cards therefore spreading their own talent and wealth. When Dos Anjos "Frankinrapes" Conor and then Aldo takes his belt back it will be back to the prelims with him

Wrong wrong wrong.

Everything you said is wrong. The ufc is stacking cards not because of Conor, but because of how BAD 2014 was. They needed to recover from that and regain their brand image, so they started stacking cards again. Aldo will never beat Conor. RDA is getting slept.

I am not obsessed with McGregor mate I  come on the forum to discuss whatever is relevant to me at that time, Usually I will watch interviews , fights, analysis and that will make me come on and discuss my thoughts on what I just seen. Sadly at the moment Conor is big news and therefore he pops up in a lot of the interviews and he always makes up whoppers that catch my eye.

Maybe you're not, but you come across as obsessed with McGregor.  Virtually all your posts are about him.

Seriously, you are an idiot. When are you going to take Conor's balls out of your mouth, you are obsessed with the guy like he banged your girlfriend or something.

Seriously, you are an idiot. When are you going to take Conor's balls out of your mouth, you are obsessed with the guy like he banged your girlfriend or something.

Alright mate, are you back for good, or just passing through to put a the h8ers back in their box?

Hope all is well with the new business.

I certainly aint obsessed, I do hate Conor though and I find myself hating him more as the days go by, as he disrespects another opponent, or when he rubs his money into fighters who struggle to get bys face's. It is a not just me though because 80% of theroster hate him and the other 20% are amused with him because he does not affect them.

Conor's attitude towards his opponent at Cagewarriors in the O2 forum was despicable, oh and from what i remember it was more like 90% of the CW hated the guy

For the record I hated Chael Sonnen for his racist and disrespectful remarks to a great champion in Anderson Silva and the people of Brazil in general. At least Sonnen kept his disrespect to his opponent and would show respect after the fight. Conor simply does not show respect towards any fighter in the UFC and truly believes himself the second coming

Conor's MMA awards speech

“There’s another man that must be slain, another champion that must be dethroned,” McGregor said when explaining why he wasn’t in attendance.

“There’s more numbers that need to be broken. I need to feed all you bums. I need to feed every one of you in the game so I’ve got to keep working because youse (sic) bums don’t work.

“You’ve got the heavyweight champion who’s a p---y pulling out with a sore toe. How’s the heavyweight champion going to pull out with a sore toe? What kind of champion is that?”

So all other fighters are bums that need to be fed by Conor because they are bums that do not put the work in?? I can forsee a few iffy moments backstage soon

Alright mate, are you back for good, or just passing through to put a the h8ers back in their box?

Hope all is well with the new business.

Just passing through mate, I couldn't help but notice 50% of threads on this forum are now by this scottish prat, and pretty much all about his obsession with Mcgregor. So, thought I would pop in and say hello :)

I'm beginning to think you are the real Ronda Rousey because you sound like her, you talk like her, and you look like her.  It's no wonder your comments are so stupid. 

By March Conor would have brought in over 3 MILLION PPV buys.

He runs this game. Nobody else is bringing the excitement Conor does. Nobody else has his balls.

Bow to the king.

Your fav fighter is a bum.

Archived