Seriously, who wins. Mcgregor or Dos Anjos?

BART-O-LINI

Mcgregor or Dos Anjos   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Not who are you a fan of. If you had to bet, who do you think wins?

• Mcgregor
    • Dos Anjos

It's a toss up really. Dos Anjos is the more complete, rounded fighter, but McGregor has the sleep touch. If it goes 5 Dos Anjos will win. You have to suspect the UFC is invested in McGregor winning though, so I believe the powers at be believe it's an easy win for Conor. It seems odd that they'd take an uncalculated risk of losing the hype of Conor. Despite Dana's public comments I think the smart money is going with McGregor behind the scenes.   

I genuinely believe Conor will win.  Main rationale is that the arguments people use to justify Conor losing don't make sense to me.  The main ones seem to be:-

• Mendes took him down, so RDA will take him down
  • RDA is "much bigger"
  • RDA is a black belt so will submit him easily.

Problem with that is that Mendes is a much better wrestler than RDA.  10lbs is not that big a deal (certainly didn't seem to stop Frankie at LW) and Conor does not rely on his weight to win fights.  And as for the sub thing (which was also spammed before the Aldo fight), well RDA hasn't subbed a guy for almost 4 years and that bloke is 2-4 in the UFC.

The advantages I believe Conor has is that his striking is better and he's stronger mentally.  I'd have voted for RDA a month ago, but he seems to be following Aldo's path to uber-rustle.  

We shall see.

Mystic Mac will style on that scrandy.

Frankie will get it next and then Conor will vacate the FW belt and change Robbie Lawler's bum life.

A Banham prediction without reference to butter, cream or sundry other dairy products....

I'm kinda disappointed. Could you rephrase that in urban?

I think the stuck in the mud comment by McGregor about the lightweights is spot on as far as RDA is concerned, the guy looked great against Cerrone and Pettis and will no doubt make it uncomfortable for  McGregor but he will get hit by a devastating and precise puncher, and once McGregor catches him on the point of his chin he`ll be stached, Mcgregor by ko within 3 rounds is my prediction.  

I am taking Dos Anjos to win because the guy is a beast version of Conor's nightmare, He is a very strong guy, a great grappler, a BJJ Black belt that trains most days with UFC Heavyweight champion and BJJ great Fabricio Werdum, he is durable, he is ice cold mentally and I still do not believe the hype surrounding Mcgregor, We are told of his stunning accuracy but its only 3% better than Dos Anjos at 44% and his strike defence is 3% less than RDA. I have seen people talk about how Guida broke RDA's jaw so Conor would smash it but that does not make sense because breaks happen in fighting it can happen any time and doe snot even need to be a hard shot, they also talk about Stephens Knocking out RDA but fail to mention RDA has evolved into a complete fighter since then by going out with Evolve MMA and working on his striking. I do not believe for a second that Conor has a weak ground game just because he got tapped by blue belts so no one should take note of fights from that long ago. RDA has also developed a KO/TKO game of late and again that is down to Evolve and his evolution as a fighter.

RDA by Decision probably 4-1 but only because Conor does have heart and a chin

I genuinely believe Conor will win.  Main rationale is that the arguments people use to justify Conor losing don't make sense to me.  The main ones seem to be:-

• RDA is "much bigger"

Problem with that is that Mendes is a much better wrestler than RDA.  10lbs is not that big a deal (certainly didn't seem to stop Frankie at LW) and Conor does not rely on his weight to win fights.  And as for the sub thing (which was also spammed before the Aldo fight), well RDA hasn't subbed a guy for almost 4 years and that bloke is 2-4 in the UFC.

The advantages I believe Conor has is that his striking is better and he's stronger mentally.  I'd have voted for RDA a month ago, but he seems to be following Aldo's path to uber-rustle.  

We shall see.

I like you.

No idea who wins this one frankly. I think MacGregor is going to be stronger at LW than people think though, so size here is not an issue. As for the rest, If RDA can take him down he wins, if not, probably McGregor. Which of those 2 scenarios comes about is anybody's guess.

I think with a fight like this you have to look at all possibilites. So first lets assume In round one Connon lands a few nice shots on RDA. What will happen? will he fall and get KOD? I personally dont think he will. I've seen him take some nice shots and his chin seems good and he dosent get hit that clean very often. Lets also assume RDA takes connor down in round 2 assuming RDA has got past round 1 which i think he will. When Mendez had connor down and was grounding and pounding him I honestly thought that was the end for connor. He managed to get back up but I think if RDA is on top of him with the extra weight and the more brutal grounding and pounding I cant see a way for connor to get back up. Lets also remember that Mendez was a tired fighter and only had few weeks to prepare so even when he did have conor down he was basically on an empty gas tank. My prediction RDA stoppage by brutal Ground and pound round 2.

• RDA is "much bigger"

We shall see.

This ^ guy stole over half of this post from me.

Well considering you hid the poll again...how many times did you vote MAC G? With your multiple accounts.

I didn't make the thread smart guy.

I only needed to vote once, the majority of the forum knows who will win this fight.

Archived