rumble vs glover for number 1 contender

button_man

IMO rumble wins with ease

i won't really agree with ease.he showed his TD defense recently with bader with 1 attempt.glover is somehow a legit boxer and can manage to close the distance to get a TD.if glover lands a TD and holds rumble for atleast a minute or establish somehow a steady position,its going to be very challenging fight for rumble.if rumble can move around and defend the TD then its going to be night night for glover.

i won't really agree with ease.he showed his TD defense recently with bader with 1 attempt.glover is somehow a legit boxer and can manage to close the distance to get a TD.if glover lands a TD and holds rumble for atleast a minute or establish somehow a steady position,its going to be very challenging fight for rumble.if rumble can move around and defend the TD then its going to be night night for glover.

I don't see him getting a TD at all.. and even if he did he wouldn't finish it.. Rumble would be up before he could

Unless he gets a fast KO though he might gas out like against DC, Glover is always dangerous & he can go 5 rounds even without eyes! Thing is, I don't think Glover could ever beat Jones, definitely not new stronger 100% refreshed Jones, so it would be best if Rumble won.

Glover is an 80 year old man that would get his old body one-punched into the cheap seats by Rumble.

Now go say 3 Hail Marys and the Lord will forgive your trespasses.

Pretty sad that the 80 year old Glover has better Cardio than Rumble isnt it?

I had COPD patients that would last more rounds without gassing.

lol wut

Glover needs five more W's just to get a shot at gatekeeper Rumble.

Everybody wants to see Jones Vs Rumble,actually even i want to see that.But,if rumble doesn't again soon,it would be too long lay off before he waits for the result of DC Vs bones.he needs atleast 1 more fight.rather than feeding anyone to him,might as well give him somebody worthy.this is going to be a tough fight.both can stand and bang.this is the question actually which gives an edge with glover.can rumble last more than 3 rds?can he survive once he gets taken down?

Cardio wouldn't be a factor m8. Glovers 80 year old jaw is flying into the cheap seats ASAP.

And Rumble's cardio trouble is overrated. He had trouble in the fight against DC because he went crazy trying to finish. He learned a lesson in that fight and will fight smarter going forward. He went 3 rounds in the Davis fight and barely broke a sweat because he managed his energy well.

Cardio wouldn't be a factor m8. Glovers 80 year old jaw is flying into the cheap seats ASAP.

And Rumble's cardio trouble is overrated. He had trouble in the fight against DC because he went crazy trying to finish. He learned a lesson in that fight and will fight smarter going forward. He went 3 rounds in the Davis fight and barely broke a sweat because he managed his energy well.

davis didnt do **** though in that fight, jones would finish johnson in the first round

Glover is not someone I see staying in the top 10 that much longer. He has big power but not many other tools and plenty of weaknesses.

Can imagine him winning the title in Bellator if Davis hadn't left but just to many who are already better that him in the UFC and have time on their side to improve further. Could never see him beating the likes of Gus, Rumble, DC or Jones.

Davis took him down 9 times in their fight. Rumble kills glover in less than a round.

I wouldn't want to see Glover vs Rumble because Glover is not really relevant in the title picture whereas Rumble is. I do think however that DC will beat Jones in the rematch so it will be DC that Rumble is looking at but if Rumble fought Jones I see that Oblique kick and the teepee kick being a huge factor at keeping Rumble at range and can even see Jones stopping him like Silva vs Belfort style.

I wouldn't want to see Glover vs Rumble because Glover is not really relevant in the title picture whereas Rumble is. I do think however that DC will beat Jones in the rematch so it will be DC that Rumble is looking at but if Rumble fought Jones I see that Oblique kick and the teepee kick being a huge factor at keeping Rumble at range and can even see Jones stopping him like Silva vs Belfort style.

Actually the main point for this fight to happen is keep rumble active.its going to be a long lay off if he waits for jones vs dc.actually,glover is the only choice right now and of the same level or caliber.rumble vs osp would be also interesting.

Well,i wouldn't actually count out the possibility of a TD.Rumble has evolved a lot but this would be a very interesting fight.

Yea I hear you on that.. IMO though Rumble is on another level in stand up... lol dont get me wrong his ground game is lacking... but I also dont know if Glover has the skills to get him down.. but who knows... in the end though Glover doesn't really deserve a fight with Rumble

Glover is not someone I see staying in the top 10 that much longer. He has big power but not many other tools and plenty of weaknesses.

Can imagine him winning the title in Bellator if Davis hadn't left but just to many who are already better that him in the UFC and have time on their side to improve further. Could never see him beating the likes of Gus, Rumble, DC or Jones.

Davis took him down 9 times in their fight. Rumble kills glover in less than a round.

The bold is just plain false.

Glover has 24 career wins with 14 T/KOs and 7 submissions. People are poorly exaggerating his stance in the division in this thread.

You don't need cardio when you body bag every can in the 1st m8.

He just prolapsed that can Bader in a minute flat and that bum was supposed to be the #1 contender!

tight logic bro

Glover made whitepage quit! and he did it legit too he banged with him on the feet and took his best shots unlike Rumble who sat on him and tried to give him a pearl necklace

lmao Bader dove at his ankles without even throwing a jab! 

That lay and gay can got the **** ****ing he deserved! 

Archived