Overeem Re-Signs With UFC

Mcmax3000

It was a sensible move for overeem, im sure a title fight is in his contract. A win over JDS grants him a lot of leverage and with werdum holding the title overeem has a good chance of becoming UFC HW champ and making some serious money. Hes known enough to go fight in bellator at any point in his career might as well take a run at that title now he has momentum

He needs to stick with whatever company will give him the most money. The smart choice is the UFC. I'm sure Rizin FC would make him a stellar offer for one or two fights, but who knows if they'll even be around in a year? The other B-League promotions don't have the cash and Reem doesn't strike me as a guy who has to wade through sponsorship offers (although I'm sure he does much better than Roy Nelson ever will).

Reem is on the back end of his career.  Remember how "Ubereem" was going to come from Strikeforce and crush all the UFC heavyweights? Zuffa bought Strikeforce, then there was first round TKO over the shell of Bork and people thought it was going to come true. Fast forward to getting KTFO a few times, getting suspended over through-the-roof testosterone levels, etc, and the facade is gone. Reem's still a good fighter but has proven to be quite beatable. He was wise to stay in the UFC for the last handful of fights in his career.

Stipe Miocic will never even step foot in that can country.

Overeem will get fed somebody he's supposed to easily beat, and get his clock cleaned. I'm expecting Arlovski to punch his lights out.

why would they put someone who just got put out by a retard in against Reem?

Miocic will fight for the title in Brazil you idiot...

This came from the guy who bet on the MMA fighter that he supposedly is friends with after the fight was already over, and his "friend" got bodied. He's currently welching that bet, btw.

It won't be Andrei as they train together.  They probably set up a rematch with Browne.

Jesus. Once we've reached the rematch stage with Travis Browne fights, the HW division is officially dead.

Archived