Ronda Rousey considered suicide after loss to Holly Holm

12er©

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/14785901/ronda-rousey-says-considered-suicide-loss-holly-holm

Former UFC champion Ronda Rousey says she thought about killing herself in the immediate aftermath of her knockout loss to Holly Holm in November.

Rousey, 29, appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Tuesday and spoke openly about her loss at UFC 193 in Melbourne, Australia. The championship fight ended when Rousey went down in a highlight-reel knockout after a kick to the head from Holm. Rousey was transported to a local hospital afterward.

"Honestly, my thought in the medical room, I was sitting in the corner and was like, 'What am I anymore if I'm not this?'" Rousey said. "Literally sitting there thinking about killing myself. In that exact second, I'm like, 'I'm nothing. What do I do anymore? No one gives a s--- about me anymore without this.'"

Ronda Rousey, after her loss to Holly Holm at UFC 193, said she contemplated suicide. "Honestly ... I was sitting in the corner and was like, 'What am I anymore if not this?'" she said. "Literally sitting there thinking about killing myself."

Rousey said her relationship with her boyfriend, UFC heavyweight Travis Browne, was ultimately what got her through that moment.

"I looked up and saw my man, Travis, was standing there," Rousey said. "I'm looking up at him and was just like, 'I need to have his babies. I need to stay alive.'"

A former Olympic bronze medalist in judo, Rousey (12-1) told DeGeneres -- as she told ESPN in December -- that she intends to return to the Octagon in a rematch against Holm, a former world boxing champion.

"It's always crazy going into every fight," Rousey said. "It's always so much chaos, so much going on. Things weren't perfect, they never are. One thing that was different was it was my third title fight in nine months. I don't think anyone has even attempted that before. I don't make excuses. I've fought in worse conditions, but I think one thing that was different was I felt tired -- but I've been more tired."

Former UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes successfully defended the title three times in eight months in 2002, and Tito Ortiz did the same in a seven-month span in 2001.

Holm (10-0) is scheduled to defend the 135-pound title at UFC 196 on March 5 in Las Vegas.

"I did a lot of thinking on, why did this happen?" Rousey said. "I do believe all the best things come from the worst things. The worst things result in the absolute best things. I was trying to think, what is the reason for this and what my actual purpose is -- and maybe just winning all the time isn't what's best for everybody.

"I felt like maybe my role is, everyone has their moment of picking themselves off the floor. I've gone through several of mine, but no one had ever seen me go through it. Maybe I just needed to be that example of picking myself off the floor for everyone. Maybe that's what I'm meant for. I really do believe I'm still undefeated because being undefeated is a choice. Everybody has losses in their life, but I choose to always be undefeated."

Rousey's longtime trainer Edmond Tarverdyan told ESPN in January that the former champion had returned to her gym in Glendale, California. Rousey had previously said she would like to fight sometime in 2016. UFC president Dana White believes Rousey could return in November.

10/10 would bang

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/14785901/ronda-rousey-says-considered-suicide-loss-holly-holm

Former UFC champion Ronda Rousey says she thought about killing herself in the immediate aftermath of her knockout loss to Holly Holm in November.

Rousey, 29, appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Tuesday and spoke openly about her loss at UFC 193 in Melbourne, Australia. The championship fight ended when Rousey went down in a highlight-reel knockout after a kick to the head from Holm. Rousey was transported to a local hospital afterward.

"Honestly, my thought in the medical room, I was sitting in the corner and was like, 'What am I anymore if I'm not this?'" Rousey said. "Literally sitting there thinking about killing myself. In that exact second, I'm like, 'I'm nothing. What do I do anymore? No one gives a s--- about me anymore without this.'"

Ronda Rousey, after her loss to Holly Holm at UFC 193, said she contemplated suicide. "Honestly ... I was sitting in the corner and was like, 'What am I anymore if not this?'" she said. "Literally sitting there thinking about killing myself."

Rousey said her relationship with her boyfriend, UFC heavyweight Travis Browne, was ultimately what got her through that moment.

"I looked up and saw my man, Travis, was standing there," Rousey said. "I'm looking up at him and was just like, 'I need to have his babies. I need to stay alive.'"

A former Olympic bronze medalist in judo, Rousey (12-1) told DeGeneres -- as she told ESPN in December -- that she intends to return to the Octagon in a rematch against Holm, a former world boxing champion.

"It's always crazy going into every fight," Rousey said. "It's always so much chaos, so much going on. Things weren't perfect, they never are. One thing that was different was it was my third title fight in nine months. I don't think anyone has even attempted that before. I don't make excuses. I've fought in worse conditions, but I think one thing that was different was I felt tired -- but I've been more tired."

Former UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes successfully defended the title three times in eight months in 2002, and Tito Ortiz did the same in a seven-month span in 2001.

Holm (10-0) is scheduled to defend the 135-pound title at UFC 196 on March 5 in Las Vegas.

"I did a lot of thinking on, why did this happen?" Rousey said. "I do believe all the best things come from the worst things. The worst things result in the absolute best things. I was trying to think, what is the reason for this and what my actual purpose is -- and maybe just winning all the time isn't what's best for everybody.

"I felt like maybe my role is, everyone has their moment of picking themselves off the floor. I've gone through several of mine, but no one had ever seen me go through it. Maybe I just needed to be that example of picking myself off the floor for everyone. Maybe that's what I'm meant for. I really do believe I'm still undefeated because being undefeated is a choice. Everybody has losses in their life, but I choose to always be undefeated."

Rousey's longtime trainer Edmond Tarverdyan told ESPN in January that the former champion had returned to her gym in Glendale, California. Rousey had previously said she would like to fight sometime in 2016. UFC president Dana White believes Rousey could return in November.

10/10 would bang

lulz

"I don't think anyone has attempted that before... "

Well actually Ronda... and successfully ....lol

Pathetic. This is PR designed to make idiots feel sorry for her.

Her PR is doing a great job in making me feel sorry for her:

1) Terrible fighter

2) KTFO'd

3) Terrible person

4) Bashes ring girls for selling their body image, and now does just that

5) Doesn't realize she was outclassed, blames destiny

6) Dates Browne

7) Wants Browne's children

My goodness what a disgrace, can't help but feel sorry

1) Terrible fighter

2) KTFO'd

3) Terrible person

6) Dates Browne

This makes me feel sorry...

for humanity..

1) Terrible fighter

2) KTFO'd

3) Terrible person

6) Dates Browne

This isn't even bad compared to what some people have on their list.

1) Terrible fighter

2) KTFO'd

3) Terrible person

6) Dates Browne

would still bang

LEL Dang. I was actually shocked when I heard that and here are my 2 cents:

Someone must be crazy to think Ronda is ready to fight again and especially against Holm. I seriously wonder if Ronda will indeed ever fight again. If she steps in the octagon (if she ever does) to face anyone for that matter, I truly believe she will "freeze" and wont be able to fight because SHE IS MENTALLY DEAD!

I dont think there is a more legit example of a fighter "stealing another fighter's soul" like Holm did to Ronda, seriously. We are going to almost 4 month since that fight and Ronda is still acting like that. She is clearly done with the sport, imo. Im not even kidding, but if Holm was a bully and said something like "in a rematch Im gonna break her jaw" then Ronda would hide somewhere and never be found for the next 10 years lmao!

In another note,  I find it hilarious how the UFC makes sure to show everything about Ronda when it comes to SNL interviews, swimsuit photos, etc but they dont even bother showing that kinda stuff about Ronda post defeat lol.

Says she doesn't make excuses, then proceeds to make nearly as many excuses as Weidman lolz

All sorts of ideas pop through people's minds all the time,i would hardly call that contemplating the idea.I am sure peopel think wow would be cool to fly to the moon,they are not actually thinking of doing it.

It was a simple case of depression,all kinds of sad thoughts pop up but doesn't mean any of them are actually of the mind set to follow through.

Wow how pathetic Rhonda, after the huge ordeal and scene you put Bethe Correira through over suicide comments and pitty me acts. Then you pull that media bs sob. Im not even goin to comment rudely or harshly but remember your past and recent playing off of poor Beth's comments for your own fame. So wake up. Dana fire her before you lose anymore fan interest!!!!!

No Bethe was wrong initially but atleast whether you believe her or not didnt realize the effect her comment carried internationally and stepped up and apologized yet Ronda used it and pushed it and exploited it to extreme levels and then pulls this stunt! So character tramples bethes apologized mistake and looks for sympathy and support hatred too brazilians then plays most of the Ronda supporters as fools for this acting scene on Ellen.....

Wow how pathetic Rhonda, after the huge ordeal and scene you put Bethe Correira through over suicide comments and pitty me acts. Then you pull that media bs sob. Im not even goin to comment rudely or harshly but remember your past and recent playing off of poor Beth's comments for your own fame. So wake up. Dana fire her before you lose anymore fan interest!!!!!

I posted this same exact thing on the MSN story on this,  It was the very first thing that popped in my head.  This DNB made such ado about what very well good Betha said out of context, and ripped her apart both personally and through the media.  And here she is basically making light of the same exact thing.

The other thing I found interesting, is that she looked up at her man, and said I want to have babies with him.  An alleged abuser, and also still married allegedly.

Sorry, I wasn't a fan of hers before, nor after.  Loved that the fight is now free to watch again and again.  This goes to prove how much a nutcase she really is.  And as a former LEO and FF, who has witnessed the struggle both inside and out, what those words and seeing people who have done it in almost every manner possible, including my closest friend at age 17, I actually hate this woman and her feeble attempt to regain fans with sympathy.  So you lost one fight.  And now your world is at the end?  Be thankful you have all that money DNB, and can still fight (maybe) and do movies.  Try having your ability to work pulled out from under you after working from age 14 to 53 and not be able to work again because of a torn up back and two failed surgeries!  So you felt some pain, try living with it day in and day out for 7 years, basically 20 plus hours a day.  I hope you see this and pay attention when I say pull your jockstrap up and quit f@%&ing whining or go home and make babies with your cheating boyfriend!

Bethe Correia was right!

"She is not mentally healthy, she needs to take care of herself," Correia said. "She is winning, so everybody is around her cheering her up, but when she realizes she is not everything that she believes she is, I don't know what might happen. I hope she does not kill herself later on."

this b*tch is bat**** crazy

I came here to clown on her for wanting to have Travis Browne's kids and crying on Ellen..

But it's clear how gotten tew most of you are, and I don't want to blend in. So I'll pass.

**** wanted to have Fedor's children.  Like dozens of them.  Now she wants some can's children.  I can't take Travis Browne seriously.  Who cheats on your wife that is a 10 with some fat chick that's about a 5 when she's on the scale at 135?

I've always hated seeing this from fighters.

Its still horrible to see but more understandable when you see it coming from guys who have retried after a long career and they can easy hit a spell of depression because they feel like their life has no direction anymore once they hang up their gloves.

This **** with Ronda isn't that. Agree with many here that it seems like Ronda used this a PR. If she is genuine my advice to her would be to simply WOman the **** up. Life gets a hell of a lot harder than being put on your ****.

It's not like she's some one hit wonder either who we will never here of again. She will have already made big money with the UFC and on top of that she has acting, wwe and a heap of others things she can move in to after mma.

Find it hard to have sympathy for somebody with millions in the bank and plenty of opportunities to make more who obviously is just a bit of a sore loser.

**** wanted to have Fedor's children.  Like dozens of them.  Now she wants some can's children.  I can't take Travis Browne seriously.  Who cheats on your wife that is a 10 with some fat chick that's about a 5 when she's on the scale at 135?

He's trying to marry into NEW money... Many men use women for such things it seems.

Fedor would knock Travis Browne's lips off in the first exchange. lol

Holm's response to it when asked:

“There’s a lot of things around that. When I heard that she said that, for me it’s one of those things it’s like, ‘How do I respond to that?’ ” Holm told reporters, according to Sherdog.com. “I don’t want to say, ‘I’m sorry,’ because I think on a competitive level for me, if somebody was to say they’re sorry after (beating me), it’s like, ‘No, I’m a competitor.’ I’m not a charity case.

“I feel like that’s something the best thing is for me not to say anything at all. I don’t want to say that I’m glad that she felt that way and I don’t want to say, ‘Oh I’m so sorry.’ It’s something I think that you have to dig through on your own. In the long run, she’ll be stronger mentally from it.”

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/more-sports/holly-holm-has-rational-response-to-ronda-rousey%E2%80%99s-suicide-comments/ar-BBpE9eb?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

Archived