Bellator Kickboxing to start in April

OzPride

This is awesome. Coker continues to prove. he's the GOAT promoter

Lol @ "Oktagon kickboxing" though I doubt that will stick

Scott Coker to launch Bellator Kickboxing in April on Spike

By MMAjunkie Staff February 18, 2016 4:10 pm

HOUSTON – Bellator, arguably the most prominent MMA promotion outside of the UFC, will soon add a kickboxing division to the company.

Bellator President Scott Coker and Spike executives today announced the upcoming launch of Bellator Kickboxing.

The kickboxing organization, slated for an April launch, will air on Spike like its MMA counterpart. Bellator’s MMA staff will run the kickboxing promotion out of its current Santa Monica, Calif., offices, according to Coker.

The first event is slated for April 16 and will be co-promoted with Oktagon Kickboxing. Pala Alpitour in Turin, Italy, plays host. Spike will air a live Bellator MMA event as a lead-in.

Melvin Manhoef vs. Alexandru Negrea headlines the kickboxing event, and ISKA 72kg champion Mustapha Haida moves up in weight to challenge Karim Ghajii for his ISKA 75kg belt.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/18/11054688/bellator-kickboxing-april-16-italy-mma-spike-joe-schilling-scott-coker

I hope we get to see a lot more than just American kickboxing in action.  I'd also love to see other styles as well, like karate, taekwondo, muay thai, savate, jeet kune do, and various arts of kung fu.

This kinda makes me think of that tv show "WMAC Masters".  It was pretty cool for its time.  My favorite fighters were Ying/Yang Man, Superstar, The Machine, and Red Dragon.

Besides Stephen Thompson, the only kickboxer I can think of is Dennis "The Menace" Alexio.  Isn't Uriah Hall a kickboxer as well?

Please stop. Please. I'm begging you.

Maybe Anthony Pettis is better off participating Bellator Kickboxing instead of sticking around the UFC.  The wrestlers and grapplers are making him look like a fool out there.

^^Wants to join the jerk.

You only sound minorly ridiculous saying that the guy who has lost to the champion, and then the guy in line to fight for the title via some of the saddest LnP I've ever seen, a future Bellator Kickboxer. If that's the case, half the UFC better get Coker on the phone.

The kickboxing at Dynamite was highly watchable.

I've generally enjoyed the bit of Glory stuff that I've seen, but I disagree about the fights they had at Dynamite. I thought those were pretty weak. I remember there being one title fight, and that was decent, but I remember the other two being pretty awful.

You only sound minorly ridiculous saying that the guy who has lost to the champion, and then the guy in line to fight for the title via some of the saddest LnP I've ever seen, a future Bellator Kickboxer. If that's the case, half the UFC better get Coker on the phone.

Comber McGrabber will be a fine addition to the Bellator kickboxing roster. 

I've generally enjoyed the bit of Glory stuff that I've seen, but I disagree about the fights they had at Dynamite. I thought those were pretty weak. I remember there being one title fight, and that was decent, but I remember the other two being pretty awful.

First of all, Gilbert Melendez's wife was there to be pretty. lol.. Not be an amazing kickboxer.

Second of all, Cavalari vs. Mwekassa was the title fight, and it was badass. They threw down. The only other kickboxing match I remember was Paul Daley brutalizing that Mexican idiot. You weren't entertained by that??

Of course. I figured that went without saying.

No thanks. I'll watch my friend on the Amazing Race instead of the Geriatric Fighting Championship.

I knew the guy who won Bear Grylls' game show called "Get Out Alive". That's a real achievement. Most of us, including myself, would've probably died out there. lol

You're probably talking about the Canadian version of Amazing Race too. That **** doesn't even count. Let one set of Americans in there and they'd body everybody involved.

You're probably talking about the Canadian version of Amazing Race too. That **** doesn't even count. Let one set of Americans in there and they'd body everybody involved.

No, I mean the American version. New season just started last week.

I'll even admit the Canadian version is pretty weak. The first season, they didn't even leave Canada. One of the Canadian UFC fighters from TUF Nations was on the last season. He was eliminated in the first episode.

Go screw yourself, cashflow.  You've been disrespecting me just because I brought up Anthony Pettis making a good addition to Bellator Kickboxing.  He's a good striker: that's why I brought him up.  Since he isn't doing too well in the UFC, he should get into more fights involving striking, just like K-1.  If you want to disagree with me, then be an adult 'cause right now you're being a child.

Conor will never defend a title.  He'll win every belt from featherweight right through murdering Stipe for the heavyweight title and retire after stealing all the money from the UFC.

I was all ready to be triggered by you saying he would beat Stipe for the belt, but first I want to salute you for knowing he would be the champion.

No, I mean the American version. New season just started last week.

I'll even admit the Canadian version is pretty weak. The first season, they didn't even leave Canada. One of the Canadian UFC fighters from TUF Nations was on the last season. He was eliminated in the first episode.

Alright, that's legit then. DVR Bellator though.

Go screw yourself, cashflow.  You've been disrespecting me just because I brought up Anthony Pettis making a good addition to Bellator Kickboxing.  He's a good striker: that's why I brought him up.  Since he isn't doing too well in the UFC, he should get into more fights involving striking, just like K-1.  If you want to disagree with me, then be an adult 'cause right now you're being a child.

Bruce. Bruh.. 

Showtime verbally tapped Bendo, defended the title by subbing Melendez who hadn't tapped in 30 or so fights, and lost to the current champion who is about to derail the biggest hype train in UFC history. Then he lost one more fight to a guy who laid on him and lost big time on the striking numbers. 

Showtime is doing just fine. He's doing better than a vast majority of the roster. Idiot.

I was all ready to be triggered by you saying he would beat Stipe for the belt, but first I want to salute you for knowing he would be the champion.

Alright, that's legit then. DVR Bellator though.

Bruce. Bruh.. 

Showtime verbally tapped Bendo, defended the title by subbing Melendez who hadn't tapped in 30 or so fights, and lost to the current champion who is about to derail the biggest hype train in UFC history. Then he lost one more fight to a guy who laid on him and lost big time on the striking numbers. 

Showtime is doing just fine. He's doing better than a vast majority of the roster. Idiot.

Losing two straight fights the same way is NOT doing fine, stupid.  He didn't improve in any way at all.  He has no hands, and he has no takedown defense of any kind.  If he loses two more fights, he's out of the UFC.  Idiot.

Losing two straight fights the same way is NOT doing fine, stupid.  He didn't improve in any way at all.  He has no hands, and he has no takedown defense of any kind.  If he loses two more fights, he's out of the UFC.  Idiot.

1108abce-ab1d-473c-bfcb-1d78536cd75e_zps

^^Those statistics seem to indicate that he does indeed have hands, idiot. Losing to a guy who lays on you is no big deal. 

If we're kicking guys out of the UFC for two consecutive losses - bye bye Chad Mendes, Renan Barao, Urijah Faber, Nate Diaz, Matt Brown, Carlos Condit, Anderson Silva, Alexander Gustafsson, Alistair Overeem..... starting to realize how stupid you are yet? Or do you need more names?

I'll continue.. Chris Weidman is out after his rematch with Rockhold. Lyoto Machida, Vitor Belfort. Ryan Bader, Glover Teixeira, Nick Diaz, Ali Bagautinov, Cub Swanson, Neil Magny, Robert Whittaker, Shogun Rua..

Basically you're ready to boot everybody in the UFC because they have two consecutive losses on their record. Idiot.

Archived