Werdum/Miocic, Maia/Brown set for UFC 198 in Brazil

BarbaricBob

In all seriousness, if Miocic can utilize his speed and footwork, he may give Werdum problems. Yes, Werdum looked phenomenal against Nelson, Russow, and Cain. But (not making excuses, not a Cain fan) he was rusty, coming off injuries, and didn't acclimate to the elevation (which is ridiculous for a pro fighter imo). Werdum looked more than beatable against an again Mark Hunt which makes me believe Stipe can give him problems on the feet. Tough fight to call, imo. But if I had to bet, I'd say Werdum. Also, the Brown fight is likely to be boring. Maia will most likely try to wrestle him with few sub attempts. If Brown can pressure him and implement his clinch work he'll get the TKO, but I just think that leaves him open for takedowns/ wall n stall from Maia.

In all seriousness, if Miocic can utilize his speed and footwork, he may give Werdum problems. Yes, Werdum looked phenomenal against Nelson, Russow, and Cain. But (not making excuses, not a Cain fan) he was rusty, coming off injuries, and didn't acclimate to the elevation (which is ridiculous for a pro fighter imo). Werdum looked more than beatable against an again Mark Hunt which makes me believe Stipe can give him problems on the feet. Tough fight to call, imo. But if I had to bet, I'd say Werdum. Also, the Brown fight is likely to be boring. Maia will most likely try to wrestle him with few sub attempts. If Brown can pressure him and implement his clinch work he'll get the TKO, but I just think that leaves him open for takedowns/ wall n stall from Maia.

I cant see Brown stopping Maia by TKO because better heavier versions of Matt Brown couldnt (Weidman, Munoz)

did you just say Maia 'wall n stalls' opponents?? Do you watch the fights using a braile TV?

Werdum will out strike Miocic in my opinion and either finish by KO or SUB

I REALLY hope Brown KO's Maia (no offense Maia)

I can see the first part of this post happening.

I agree with the second part of this post, but it probably won't happen. I don't mind Maia at all, but he'll probably UD Brown.

The best HW fight that can be made to happen at this time imo. Tough fight to call. I'm a fan of both fighters, I'd like to see Stipe take it but I have a feeling it'll be Werdum.

Maia/Brown is a no brainer. I'd say the same thing even if Brown didn't have NINE losses by submission.

Werdum v Stipe is a good fight both have good striking that involves more than just winging shots with all their weight behind it. Werdum gets Stipe down its all over.

Maia v Brown does sound a real snooze fest but they are probably just trying to use Brown as a measuring stick to see if Maia is good enough at Welterweight to book against a top contender like Woodley, Hendricks or Thompson.

I'm curious as to who he will fight most of the top guys already have a fight.. maybe they will give him a tune up fight

I think he has to its all well and good saying hes only lost that last fight but it was also his only fight since 2013.  

Cain needs a tune up but not a can Arlovski Overeem winner maybe, if he's not still injured by then.

I think he has to its all well and good saying hes only lost that last fight but it was also his only fight since 2013.  

Cain needs a tune up but not a can Arlovski Overeem winner maybe, if he's not still injured by then.

I was thinking of someone more along the lines of Travis Browne.. let him beat him up so Travis doesn't get a big head and Cain can prove he can actually have a training camp without hurting himself

Both fights are extremely hard to call.

Werdum ducking Stipe a couple weeks ago makes me thing Werdum knows Stipe got his number. On paper I can see Werdum beating Stipe tho.

Maia vs Brown is just a classical example of those fights where whoever comes out and impose his style first, wins. So, basically, Maia kills Brown with his grappling OR Brown kills Maia with his striking.

Well, I got make a call here so:

Werdum keeps his belt with a beautiful BJJ submission on round 3.

Brown comes out banging and KTFO Maia in the first round.

Archived