Dos Anjos Injury

NangaParbatWinter16

That could be any random scrandies foot

Not when the UFC have stated their doctors diagnosed a broken foot, Everyone who has broken a foot will know you simply cannot get into a fight with the pub hard man never mind 25 minutes against another professional athlete. RDA would lose 80% ability on the takedown because he cannot drive through on a broken foot, he cannot kick with the foot or the other because the weight placed on the broken foot would be immense. It should also be highlighted Rafa still wanted to fight but he wanted to be allowed a pain shot beforehand which like Manny Pacquaio it was refused

Not when the UFC have stated their doctors diagnosed a broken foot, Everyone who has broken a foot will know you simply cannot get into a fight with the pub hard man never mind 25 minutes against another professional athlete. RDA would lose 80% ability on the takedown because he cannot drive through on a broken foot, he cannot kick with the foot or the other because the weight placed on the broken foot would be immense. It should also be highlighted Rafa still wanted to fight but he wanted to be allowed a pain shot beforehand which like Manny Pacquaio it was refused

Okay, I'd have to see a video of him singing "O Grito De Um Guerreiro" two forms of government ID, a police officer there to verify the whole thing, four or five of my buddies and Rafeal Cordeiro taking notes, and RDA's grandma to confirm his identity.

Guaranteed its already healed , sprained foot purposely hes on his cycle and its all messed up , usda in browzeel got paid off. Hes hoping the rebooking takes place in browzeel fookin eh stockin I DONT GIVE A FOOK

Get a grip mate he passe TWO random drug tests and he lives and trains in America and only went to Brazil to appear on TV

Not when the UFC have stated their doctors diagnosed a broken foot, Everyone who has broken a foot will know you simply cannot get into a fight with the pub hard man never mind 25 minutes against another professional athlete. RDA would lose 80% ability on the takedown because he cannot drive through on a broken foot, he cannot kick with the foot or the other because the weight placed on the broken foot would be immense.

With broken foot RDA would loose 100% of every ability

Fighters surely shouldn't be sparring or doing any potentially damaging training this close before a fight. What is the point on risking it?

This ^

There was a fighter (I dont remember who) who was talking about how and why some guys get hurt during training. He said something like a lot (not every case of course) of cases are because the camp/fighter simply dont know how to train and be safe.

I mean, just look AKA, is that just a coincidence that Cain and Khabib are always pulling out of fights ?

I believe some cases we see so and so pulled out are NEGLIGENCE!

Fighters surely shouldn't be sparring or doing any potentially damaging training this close before a fight. What is the point on risking it?

Going hard one last time the week before fight week isn't all that unusual. 

What's the point of risking it? To be better prepared for a real fight so you don't get your **** creamed if things get tough in there. 

I know master Rafael likes to still have one day a week where they spar pretty hard almost like old chute boxe style to simulate a real fight but with this kinda money on the line they could definitely be a little smarter about how they operate. 

I personally think that's not necessary every week nor do seasoned pros really need those sort of trail by fire sessions with fresh body rotations against a tired fighter round after round but some of that is necessary at certain points in a camp.  

Chit can and still does happen even with light sparring, drilling & conditioning though. 

Weidman fought with an actual true broken foot last time out by the way. Not this completely petty barely even bruised wimp ****

yet no photos of said foot OR X-Ray.

Weidcan just making pathetic excuses.

And your parents made a pathetic human baby.

In conclusion,

Drink the ****ing piss!

Going hard one last time the week before fight week isn't all that unusual. 

What's the point of risking it? To be better prepared for a real fight so you don't get your **** creamed if things get tough in there. 

I know master Rafael likes to still have one day a week where they spar pretty hard almost like old chute boxe style to simulate a real fight but with this kinda money on the line they could definitely be a little smarter about how they operate. [/size]

I personally think that's not necessary every week nor do seasoned pros really need those sort of trail by fire sessions with fresh body rotations against a tired fighter round after round but some of that is necessary at certain points in a camp.  

Chit can and still does happen even with light sparring, drilling & conditioning though.

I don't know anything about mma training or prepping for a fight but it just seems careless going hard this close to a fight, I know you said it can happen even with light sparring etc but a broken foot only really happens if you are kicking hard or drop a dumbbell on your damn foot. That's a big pay day he has missed out on for the sake of one last hard session on top of the millions of 'go hard' sessions that he has done not to mention the fans he has let down.

I personally don't care much that Rafa is not the one fighting but there will be plenty who do.

uhhh what?!?!

That close to the title fight and you are going to get hurt injured?  Yes a freak accident can happen, but at some point, fighters need to take precautions.  This also means no doing stupid stunts or high risk activity.

As other posters have mentioned...  Fighters shouldn't be sparring like that so close to the fight.

To the masters who are stating why the camps are messing up allowing hard training this close to fights etc ....... These camps make CHAMPIONS, these coaches make CHAMPIONS so chill out and have faith they know exactly what they are doing, accidents happen and will always happen in future its the fight game its hard work

To the masters who are stating why the camps are messing up allowing ducking this close to fights etc ....... These camps make duckers, these coaches make duckers, so chill out and have faith they know exactly what they are ducking, accidents happen and will always happen in future its the ducking game its hard work

Thanks for explaining what has really happened here - troof

The foot is 100% broken there is no denying that, It has been diagnosed as broken by both RDA's doctors and then the UFC doctors and we all know those Quacks at the UFC will do anything to keep a fight on even telling fighters they can fight with broken ribs. My point is would any of them or any of you guys fight with a  broken foot? Would you even fight a guy in the pub with a broken foot?

Lol, relax mate, no one is seriously suggesting that he has either faked the injury or should just fight through it.

Well, apart from cole.

Aldo's rib injury. ...that was a different case altogether.

Even Aldo's rib, he had a fracture of his rib and the UFC docs collaborated that but because they said he could fight with the injury he was expected to get in and fight a title fight against a far bigger guy on a huge stage with a fractured rib. I do not know about anyone else but when I broke my rib it was hellish and I would certainly not get myself into a fight in my local scheme never mind an MMA contest against another top fighter

To the masters who are stating why the camps are messing up allowing hard training this close to fights etc ....... These camps make CHAMPIONS, these coaches make CHAMPIONS so chill out and have faith they know exactly what they are doing, accidents happen and will always happen in future its the fight game its hard work

The fact is most MMA training is still 20 years behind where it should be. The whole theory of going all out in training should be obsolete by now. There are better ways. You say that this sort of training makes champions, but you have nothing to compare it to! I am positive a more modern approach would result in at least equal results and would definitely result in less injuries, meaning fighters could have longer careers and make more money, and of course we wouldn't all be subjected to these endless cancellations.

RDA's injury just seems bizarre to me. Some one tell me what are the odds that someone breaks there foot in training ? I mean come on it just doesn't happen that often does it.

Then what are the odds that 2 of mcgregors opponents getting injured in consecutive  title fights? 

I'm sure Dana would have said to RDA after what happened with Aldo 'listen mate dont ****ing get injured few weeks before the fight'

Its bizzare and looks to me like RDA is looking for a way out and hoping someone else will beat ginger first. Even though I think RDA would win just dosent feel right to me.

It's a gamble.  If a fight takes that gamble and loses (by getting injured), then maybe he isn't a champ afterall.  Don't play with fire if you don't want to get burnt.  This is a sport.  You can't be a champ if you can't compete. 

RDA's injury just seems bizarre to me. Some one tell me what are the odds that someone breaks there foot in training ? I mean come on it just doesn't happen that often does it.

Then what are the odds that 2 of mcgregors opponents getting injured in consecutive  title fights? 

I'm sure Dana would have said to RDA after what happened with Aldo 'listen mate dont **** get injured few weeks before the fight'

Its bizzare and looks to me like RDA is looking for a way out and hoping someone else will beat ginger first. Even though I think RDA would win just dosent feel right to me.

It's understandable that RDA is scared, even if he is favored.  RDA doesn't gain much by beating Conor.  He does get a nice paycheck and the joy of shutting someone up.  RDA loses a lot, though if he loses.  Conor, though gains a lot with his win and doesn't lose much with a loss.  So even though RDA is favored to win, there's still a chance he loses and if that happens it's going to be very rough to handle.  Conor gets in their heads.

I was playing poker last night and was put in a situation.  I put half my stack in and 3 people went all in.  I realized that my odds of winning were 30%.  I had a choice: Fold or Call.  The smart thing to do would be to fold.  If I call and lose, well that's okay.  If I fold and wouldn't have won, then that's great.  If I fold and would have won, that would be very rough to handle.  I decided to stay and it paid off as I won BIG.  I was happy, but not because I won, but because I avoided feeling like a hopeless pathetic loser.  TLDR, my wallet is fat today.

I agree with a lot of you guys in that training methods need to change. It was Forrest Griffin that spoke on it, as well as Rashad Evans (and of course our favorite of all time, Dana White). Griffin's career was shortened considerably because of the "gym wars" he had. That was the way it was done in his era - there weren't any true MMA coaches because it hadn't been around long enough as a sport. You had guys coming over from boxing, wrestling, kickboxing, muay thai, etc, but you didn't have a holistic approach. We're starting to see that change now, but it's slow in coming.

Just like generals are always fighting the previous war, coaches who've been around a long time are loathe to change their methods. I'm sure anyone who's played some sort of sports in school can tell you about old coaches who do things simply because that's the way they were done when the coach was a kid. Boxing coaches who had their fighters go 100% during sparring sessions in the 1980s are probably still doing the same to the MMA fighters they coach today. You have to overcome a lot of hubris to affect change, particularly if the old training methods led to some success in the past.

Griffin was knocked out cold in the gym just a week prior to his bout with Anderson Silva, which partially explains his miserable performance. Most agree that he would've gotten finished anyway, but if he wasn't still suffering from that "gym war" catastrophe, he probably would've looked better in a losing effort. Now he's damaged goods.

A lot of guys from that era really show a lot of premature wear & tear, not only from the fights they've had but also from the insane training. Look at Shogun, who in his early 30's was already showing damage. Whatever brain Wanderlei Silva once had has long since been beaten out of him. I also think guys like Nate Quarry can give a lot of insight on what training was like in those days.

Fortunately we are beginning to see guys training smart, not just training hard.

TL:DR version - The "gym wars" of old were bad for fighters and things are slowly beginning to change. Except for Brazilians.

I just find it hilarious,the guy has several REAL battles,then somehow magically from training his has a foot injury two weeks out.

No matter,i THOUGHT the UFC would do the right thing and really test Conor with Khabib but nope,it remains a circus act,give him a sissy slapper for an opponent which will prove nothing if he wins.

I thought RDA had a legit chance to win,but i feel RDA does not have the mind set to win,Conor likely would have beat him.I want to see a real opponent,not midgets and sissy slappers.

I just find it hilarious,the guy has several REAL battles,then somehow magically from training his has a foot injury two weeks out.

No matter,i THOUGHT the UFC would do the right thing and really test Conor with Khabib but nope,it remains a circus act,give him a sissy slapper for an opponent which will prove nothing if he wins.

I thought RDA had a legit chance to win,but i feel RDA does not have the mind set to win,Conor likely would have beat him.I want to see a real opponent,not midgets and sissy slappers.

This ^

Well m8, get it used to it! UFC will protect Conor for any possible bad matchup for as long they can.

If you think about it, the most logical thing would be Conor defend AT LEAST ONCE his belt at 145 then go after other belts but no ... he does not defend his belt at 145 against a LEGIT CONTENDER (Edgar), challenges the 155 champ, the 155 champ pulls out then ... he fights Nate Diaz at 170 ... isnt that some crazy *** ?

Dont get me wrong, I WAS interested on Conor vs Nate until that press conference made very clear to me that Nate is going there to get his $$ ONLY. Nate not even caring for this *** fight. I go further: there isnt even a beef between them!

Conor beats Nate, then fights Lawler at UFC 200 because Lawler is a great matchhup for Conor, mark my words. RDA would impose more problems to Conor than Lawler would.

Archived