MMA and a Job

Jolldan

MMA is without a doubt one of the most unforgiving sport

Unfortunately, fighters who give everything they have to the sport aren’t always able to dedicate their time 100% to training, and ultimately are then unable to retire after their careers are over.

This rings true with the latest news on former UFC fighter Joey Beltran

Beltran-mors.png

I mean picture three fights ago he was fighting for the Bellator Lightheavyweight title. Now he has to take a part time job just to pay the bills.

My heart bleeds.

These guys know what they're signing up for, the same as the rest of us.

I will be able to retire when my career is over but I'll have dedicated 50 years to my job and enjoyed only a very tiny percentage of the time I spent working.

Unlike some people that dedicate 15 years to their chosen profession and get to spend a large part of that time being fulfilled.

It's not an ideal world but hell, at least we all get to live in relative comfort.

We all have to work and i'm sure he flossed hard when he was in the UFC and had many great memories travelling, fighting and training doing what he loves. 

Also it's not like he was really a world beater class A fighter. The reality is not many are and the ones that aren't they should probably do something else since this sport is so tough. 

We all have to work and i'm sure he flossed hard when he was in the UFC and had many great memories travelling, fighting and training doing what he loves. 

Also it's not like he was really a world beater class A fighter. The reality is not many are and the ones that aren't they should probably do something else since this sport is so tough.

If I remember correctly Lytle worked the entire time he fought

Granted he was a firefighter but I remember many interviews of him saying he needs to work because he has a family to support

And he was a top tier guy in my opinion, not making millions but he made some good money

People got bills to pay

Archived