Potential UFC 200 Superfight

NangaParbatWinter16

On the train back with a group of fans someone came up with a scenario that many of us thought possible....

Jon Jones wins his title back and moves to Heavyweight, At UFC 200 he fights Cain Velasquez in a number 1 contender fight, a fight which has also been a dream fight for years...

The timings could fit but my concerns are Will Jones be allowed to move up straight after winning his title back? What happens with Ben Rothwell?

Is this a potential fight that has promise?

Is there no chance?

It would definitely be a very exciting addition to the 200 card though would Jones really want to fight Cain in his first fight at HW and would Cain want Jones in his first fight back? A very interesting few months ahead for sure

If Jones beats dc they won't risk him losing to Cain if he's not the champ.

Jones wins either way. He's a lean 225 as it is, probs 240 if he moved. Cains a fat 230.

LOL! What ? 

I usually dont say this but the idea is complete nonsense! 

No, UFC is NOT going to make Jones fight for a #1 contender at HW when he is already the 205 champion and has cleaned out the entire division!

Also, what is your ideal or conception of SuperFight ? Jones fighting a guy who got mauled by Werdum and is going downhill is NOT a SuperFight, sorry man!

Werdum/Stipe vs Jones at UFC 200 makes more sense to me!

PS. You can most likely count on Jones vs AJ for UFC 200 by the way (unless Jones gets hurt against DC)

For some reason this fight doesn't get me overly excited. Cain is injured a lot and is not champ so meh.

TBH I would rather see Jones vs Rumble. Rumble has awesome power and no doubt a very entertaining fight style AND it was meant to happen last year until Jones got suspended. 

Hmm, this was a dream fight when Cain was the champion.

Dream HW fight for Jones is for the belt, but I think UFC 200 will be too soon.  He needs to beat DC, Rumble, rematch Gus and then move up.

Of course the UFC have set a danagerous precedent for moving up too early but they need a rethink or no-one will ever defend their belt.

Yea, as said before, Jones vs Rockhold, I don't see anyone at 185 beating Rockhold, and he is a huge middleweight, and I don't see anyone beating jones at lhw. Plus there will be bad blood after Jones shrecks Rockholds teammate. That's the fight to make, let rockhold fight Jones for the 205 belt to try and avenge DC's loss after jones beats him.

Then if he beats Rockhold, he can go on to finish AKA off by fighting cain.

On the train back with a group of fans someone came up with a scenario that many of us thought possible....

Jon Jones wins his title back and moves to Heavyweight, At UFC 200 he fights Cain Velasquez in a number 1 contender fight, a fight which has also been a dream fight for years...

The timings could fit but my concerns are Will Jones be allowed to move up straight after winning his title back? What happens with Ben Rothwell?

Is this a potential fight that has promise?

Is there no chance?

PcwaSTz.jpg

Why should Jones need to take a number one contender fight after clearing the division when Comber McGrabber gets a title shot at 155 with zero title defenses?

Cause Conor talks & gets what he wants, the rest just complain they still don't have a title shot after 20 years in random interviews. Conor says it a press conferences & creates the hype that gets him what he wants. Also Dana keeps saying Conor does everything he says he will & he doesn't let the UFC down so they are more likely to give him what he wants.

If Jones wanted a superfight HW title shot he needs to shout about it, get people excited about it, create the demand.

Why should Jones need to take a number one contender fight after clearing the division when Comber McGrabber gets a title shot at 155 with zero title defenses?

That was my argument but many of the lads were big McGregor fans attending their first event so the argument was deemed not valid because Conor founded MMA as a whole

Yea, as said before, Jones vs Rockhold, I don't see anyone at 185 beating Rockhold, and he is a huge middleweight, and I don't see anyone beating jones at lhw. Plus there will be bad blood after Jones shrecks Rockholds teammate. That's the fight to make, let rockhold fight Jones for the 205 belt to try and avenge DC's loss after jones beats him.

Then if he beats Rockhold, he can go on to finish AKA off by fighting cain.

Certainly would be a bit of heat in the fight after all the Jones vs DC storyline but Rockhold still has a lot of work to do at Middleweight before he can think of going anywhere else,

Cause Conor talks & gets what he wants, the rest just complain they still don't have a title shot after 20 years in random interviews. Conor says it a press conferences & creates the hype that gets him what he wants. Also Dana keeps saying Conor does everything he says he will & he doesn't let the UFC down so they are more likely to give him what he wants.

If Jones wanted a superfight HW title shot he needs to shout about it, get people excited about it, create the demand.

He can have the fight whenever he wants it.

Of course the fight would have been great while both men where champions but their names where linked so often that there will be excitement regardless of when they fight. If Cain comes back from injury and goes on a run he is once again considered the baddest dude alive, whereas Jones is the man who can create a legacy to surpass even the Spider

We probably have to get used to the fact that we have super-dominant fighter in Jon Jones and we're going to have to put up with him for the foreseeable future. He'll get the 205 belt back, then take the HW strap as well. He'll also continue to be a complete knob, rustling almost every forum member on a regular basis. He'll also keep poking eyes, kicking knees backwards, and acting like a tool in general.

Just like boxing has had to put up with Floyd Mayweather, a dominant and extremely skilled fighter yet worthless POS of a human being, we have Jon Jones. Floyd's abilities cannot be denied, neither can the fact that he's an illiterate, woman-beating egomaniac. He also waits until his biggest threats in the ring have started to decline before fighting them (De La Hoya, Mosley, Pacquiao). 

That said, I think Jones takes another fight or two at LHW before moving up, or fighters at HW on a one-off basis without making it permanent.

I sincerely doubt it will happen by UFC 200 though.

Archived