Should Teammates Fight Each Other?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/29/11095608/holly-holm-says-coaches-have-literally-lost-sleep-over-alistair

Looks like Greg Jackson and Mike Winklejohn aren't too happy about this.

Realistically, Overeem should NOT be fighting Andre Arlovski. He just lost BADLY, and Overeem just knocked out Junior Dos Santos..... Why would the UFC do this to team Jackson?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/29/11095608/holly-holm-says-coaches-have-literally-lost-sleep-over-alistair

Realistically, Overeem should NOT be fighting Andre Arlovski. He just lost BADLY, and Overeem just knocked out Junior Dos Santos..... Why would the UFC do this to team Jackson?

You won't remember the "Wrestle****ERA" of MMA led by Greg Jackson.

Turning all your favorites into Wrestlers. Decision was the Game. Greg Jackson was the name.

Sure not much has changed from Greg's perspective he still sees it that way.

But Dana hated him for it so much back then.

Overeem and Arlovski =

giphy.gif

You won't remember the "Wrestle****ERA" of MMA led by Greg Jackson.

Turning all your favorites into Wrestlers. Decision was the Game. Greg Jackson was the name.

Sure not much has changed from Greg's perspective he still sees it that way.

But Dana hated him for it so much back then.

Overeem and Arlovski =

I made a thread about Greg Jackson killing mma years ago.

It was a 5 star thread.

well basically if your training together then you may also have an idea on your teammates strengths and weaknesses.well then you are also fighters in the same promotions wherein you have obligations to fight unless in your contract you already insist not fighting any of your training partners.

Tend to agree with you for this fight as it doesn't make much sense.

But generally I think all teammates should have to fight who are competing in the same division.

Don't see how fighters could even consider not fighting somebody because you guys train at the same gym.

I don't think anyone should, but I don't necessarily think they should not.  It's up to them.  If a match is made and they want to make money, or if there is a title on the line, they should fight.  They don't have to, and maybe they don't want to...but most people in the world don't have the luxury to avoid doing things we don't want to do in our chosen profession.  

I fought a teammate once in an event that didn't even matter for no money at all.  Beat the living crap out of him.   

Archived