Former UFC Fighter & Son Shot Leaving Gym

Jolldan

Former UFC fighter Mikey Burnett and his son, Freddie, were reportedly shot in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Monday night.

Burnett was reportedly shot three times in the abdomen, while Freddie was shot in the leg.

It was noted that Freddie is only 18 years old.

Sergeant Robert Rohloff said both victims' condition had stabilized.

Burnett's biggest achievement moment in the UFC was dropping a controversial split-decision to Pat Miletich back at UFC Brazil to determine the first ever UFC Welterweight champion.

Wishing a speedy recovery to Mikey and Freddie Burnett

Just seen this while looking for news on his broken neck

"According to longtime friend Eric Nyenhuis, former UFC trailblazer Mikey Burnett has been diagnosed with melanoma and has had one of his ears amputated as a result"

Guy just has no luck at all

Sucks to hear. Depending on where he was shot in the abdomen, odds are it'll change his life forever as well. 

Sucks to hear. Depending on where he was shot in the abdomen, odds are it'll change his life forever as well. 

Definitely does bro, He could have been a relevant fighter back then at least top ten and I even had him beating Pat Miletich though it was very very close but even getting that close to Pat is not a bad result

The only thing I can remember from Mikey on TUF is didn't he run through a wall in the house for a dare?

Good lad, but perhaps not a bright lad?

never heard of him, but thats horrible for any family to have to go thru

Casuals

The Eastside Assassin was awesome. I would melt anyone with him on UFC Tapout 2 I believe.

Archived