Wanderlei Silva Signs with Bellator

PunchBag

This is going to be a tricky one for them, because he's going to have a hard time getting licensed to fight anywhere in the US before next May because of his suspension from the NSAC, and if he does fight overseas in the meantime, he could run into problems with getting licensed after his suspension is up.

Unless of course he manages to get the suspension thrown out, which I know he is trying to do, but hopefully that doesn't happen.

GTFO Cansual Cole

Bellator will be sold by the end of 2017.

They can't sustain this type of business model for very long. Another card like the dada5000 vs Kimbo and Viacom is going to be looking at the highest bidder real soon.

Bellator will be sold by the end of 2017.

They can't sustain this type of business model for very long. Another card like the dada5000 vs Kimbo and Viacom is going to be looking at the highest bidder real soon.

dude, wtf is wrong with you lol

That card set a ratings record on Spike TV. lol

https://twitter.com/vevyrodrigues/status/705080237176942592

Apparently he's going to fight for Rizin in Japan first.

That could cause issues with him trying to get licensed again in the US, although ultimately I expect he will get licensed wherever he tries (I could maybe see the Nevada commission denying him because he went around their suspension, but Bellator doesn't run in Nevada, so I doubt he'll even try).

https://twitter.com/vevyrodrigues/status/705080237176942592

Apparently he's going to fight for Rizin in Japan first.

That could cause issues with him trying to get licensed again in the US, although ultimately I expect he will get licensed wherever he tries (I could maybe see the Nevada commission denying him because he went around their suspension, but Bellator doesn't run in Nevada, so I doubt he'll even try).

I was going to guess he was going to be on a Rizin card he has alot of Japanese fans as it is so no surprise

I was going to guess he was going to be on a Rizin card he has alot of Japanese fans as it is so no surprise

I figured he'd just outright sign with them rather than Bellator, and just never bother fighting in the US again, because going around his suspension only matters if he's going to fight in the US again.

I figured he'd just outright sign with them rather than Bellator, and just never bother fighting in the US again, because going around his suspension only matters if he's going to fight in the US again.

Yes but aren't Rizin events always going to be tied with Bellator?? And signing with Bellator gives him more fight opertunities I believe

Lol Oz you support just about every single confirmed roider in MMA, then call others out for being cheaters. Probably time to stop that homie.

Some of the greatest moments in MMA history occured under Pride FC's era while loaded with roiders. It is what it is. I only wish Cheatsping was around in the pride days so he could've been crushed by Hendo in the golden era and thrown in the trash and we didn't have to put up with that clown now

Archived