Diaz fans that hate on Conor?

NoCakeForYaya

Right, now before we start, I feel the need to confirm that this is 100% not a troll thread and I'm 100% serious.

I also feel the need to say that I dislike both of these fighters.

Now, most people fall into three simple categories:

1) Dislike both the Diaz bros and McGregor (Myself and Juice for example).

2) Fans of both the Diaz bros and McGregor (WarWest, Fobar).

3) Cans who pretend to support both fighters when they actually like Rich Franklin (Bubba, Bubba, etc).

There are however a few anomalies who like the Diaz bros but not Conor, and the reverse.

Now the simple question I pose is, why? Both of them are traditionally stand up fighters, that tend to push the pace. Both are fighters that have made a name for themselves by being very brash, confident and generally not giving a ****. Both have incredibly loyal fans that don't tend to see reason.

I simply cannot see why if you like one, you would not like the other, so please explain to me.

"Check it out mother ****er. I pull up to a stop light the other day. And some lady, some ****ing soccer mom, sticks her head out the window and says "I hope GSP beats your ****!" WERE IN ****ING LODI ****!!"'

-Kenny Florian

Right, now before we start, I feel the need to confirm that this is 100% not a troll thread and I'm 100% serious.

3) Cans who pretend to support both fighters when they actually like Rich Franklin (Bubba, Bubba, etc).

There are however a few anomalies who like the Diaz bros but not Conor, and the reverse.

Now the simple question I pose is, why? Both of them are traditionally stand up fighters, that tend to push the pace. Both are fighters that have made a name for themselves by being very brash, confident and generally not giving a ****. Both have incredibly loyal fans that don't tend to see reason.

I simply cannot see why if you like one, you would not like the other, so please explain to me.

Made it to the bold, liked the post

BTW this is very questionable. Once Canor loses a couple of fights his incredibly loyal fan count will drastically drop.

BTW this is very questionable. Once Canor loses a couple of fights his incredibly loyal fan count will drastically drop.

This

Bandwagon fans of Canor will disappear as fast as they appear when he finally pulls a Honda and gets Shrekt the first time he fights someone who has his number. They're incredibly lucky RDA ****ed his foot up so they can ride this thing a little longer

Lol, nice work fella but I didn't hear you?

_88569920_toral.jpg

love the Diaz bros but Detest Conor McGregor and its simple why, The Diaz boys grew up in the bad lands Stockton California they had to fight to survive and escape poverty and they never changed their badass ways even when they found the spotlight. McGregor on the other hand was brought up in a house in Ireland in a family that never went short, he had loads of chances in life. The diaz bros take the piss out of opponents that is banter ala Muhammed Ali but McGinger brings children and wives into the equation, he belittles fighters who makes 40k a fight even though that same fighter was making 40k a fight while that bum was collecting social welfare alongside the junkies and alcoholics of Ireland, Diaz says what comes to his mind which most times if F**K YOU MOTHERF***ER whereas McGinger comes out with his scripted nonsense I bet he now has someone writing lines for him

Diaz made a name for himself fighting grown folks. Comber is a WCC. 

This ^^

love the Diaz bros but Detest Conor McGregor and its simple why, The Diaz boys grew up in the bad lands Stockton California they had to fight to survive and escape poverty and they never changed their badass ways even when they found the spotlight. McGregor on the other hand was brought up in a house in Ireland in a family that never went short, he had loads of chances in life. The diaz bros take the piss out of opponents that is banter ala Muhammed Ali but McGinger brings children and wives into the equation, he belittles fighters who makes 40k a fight even though that same fighter was making 40k a fight while that bum was collecting social welfare alongside the junkies and alcoholics of Ireland, Diaz says what comes to his mind which most times if F**K YOU MOTHERF***ER whereas McGinger comes out with his scripted nonsense I bet he now has someone writing lines for him

And this ^^.

If Comber stops fighting midgets, stays at WW and  still wins fights, i'm all for him, i like fighters who come to bang. He needs to tone down the personal attacks doe, or take lessons from the great Chael. P. Sonnen.

It's strange, I like both (Mcgregor before it was cool) but honestly I hope Diaz wins to shut the more casual Mcgregor fans up and watch them dissapear. I've seen some seriously stupid stuff from some of them recently online and it gets kinda annoying. One guy I saw legit couldn't understand why the interim WW belt isn't on the line, since Mcgregor was originally in a title fight before the opponent change.

A martial arts student approached his teacher with a question. "I'd like to improve my knowledge of the martial arts. In addition to learning from you, I'd like to study with another teacher in order to learn another style. What do you think of this idea?"

"The hunter who chases two rabbits," answered the master, "catches neither one." - Zen

I am beginning to see "Nate" as the second rabbit--the only way I can see him win this fight is if he can breathe or grind it out to the last round and stay discipline with his reach as noted from his taller and not midget claim, see previous mismatch fight.

I'm a Diaz (both) fan and I dislike Conor but not his fighting, I dislike the way he carries himself out of the Octagon.

Sure the Diaz brothers are ****y and brash but it comes off as entirely real. When I see them interviewed I am never left with the impression that they are trying to impress anyone.

When I see Conor interviewed I am left with the exact opposite impression. His entire personality feels like an affectation. He is false, materialistic and quite possibly the worst braggard I have ever seen. He is like the worst kind of spoiled child but in a grown mans body.

Edit: FTR I don't hate on him, or at least I try not to. But as an opinion was asked for........

yeah ^^ he said it better than me. I share the same sentiments.

Conor fan. End of the day he has backed up every claim he has made. Something Diaz hasn't. Also Conor oozes charisma and charm his gab is just as good as his in ring skills.

Reasons I dislike the Diaz boys hmmm how long you got?

Off the bat I will say I have respect for there skills but those skills are very overrated. Accurate high volume punching and good bjj is really all either brother has.  

One thing that irritates me about him is the way he says 'Came From Where I Come From, He Wouldn't Have Made It' ... Nobody makes it out of where we come from, and you don't know what I've been through."

So if nobody makes it out how did you Nate? I know that his area was probably pretty tough but please stop exaggerating like you came from a god damn warzone.

Conor grew up during the The Troubles in Ireland an actual conflict and that's one thing he doesn't go on about. Not some low rent neighbourhood with want to be gangsters.

Conor fan. End of the day he has backed up every claim he has made. Something Diaz hasn't. Also Conor oozes charisma and charm his gab is just as good as his in ring skills.

Off the bat I will say I have respect for there skills but those skills are very overrated. Accurate high volume punching and good bjj is really all either brother has.

One thing that irritates me about him is the way he says 'Came From Where I Come From, He Wouldn't Have Made It' ... Nobody makes it out of where we come from, and you don't know what I've been through."

So if nobody makes it out how did you Nate? I know that his area was probably pretty tough but please stop exaggerating like you came from a god damn warzone.

Conor grew up during the The Troubles in Ireland an actual conflict and that's one thing he doesn't go on about. Not some low rent neighbourhood with want to be gangsters.

Conor grew up in Dublin (a holiday destination and capital city of The Republic of Ireland), not Belfast ( A war torn city and capital city of Northern Ireland).

It's hardy suprising that Conor doesn't go on about the conflict. Since there wasn't one in his lifetime.

He does however talk about how his ancestors were riding pigs and throwing potatoes as their enemies.

Fail.

Off the bat I will say I have respect for there skills but those skills are very overrated. Accurate high volume punching and good bjj is really all either brother has.

So if nobody makes it out how did you Nate? I know that his area was probably pretty tough but please stop exaggerating like you came from a god damn warzone.

Hahaha read a little more bro the "troubles" where in the North not the South, McGregor has probably never seen a British soldier, UVF volunteer or even a protestant in all his time growing up. Diaz struggled to eat and get clothes on his back while McGregor lived a very middle class life in leafy Dublin.

Conor grew up in Dublin (a holiday destination and capital city of The Republic of Ireland), not Belfast ( A war torn city and capital city of Northern Ireland).

It's hardy suprising that Conor doesn't go on about the conflict. Since there wasn't one in his lifetime.

He does however talk about how his ancestors were riding pigs and throwing potatoes as their enemies.

Fail.

Im well aware that he grew up in Republic of Ireland. You still don't think he had family or friends that were affected by it.

Being as the The Troubles lasted from 68 to 98 he will know of it but probably doesn't speak of it because he realises he was very scarcely effected by it.

Diaz never talks about how his heritage of gardening, tequila and sleeping on the job.

Hahaha read a little more bro the "troubles" where in the North not the South, McGregor has probably never seen a British soldier, UVF volunteer or even a protestant in all his time growing up. Diaz struggled to eat and get clothes on his back while McGregor lived a very middle class life in leafy Dublin.

Im well aware of where he was born and raised.

I think you should read a little more if you think Dublin was completely safe.

All just in 1994 so he would have been 6

21 May – IRA member  was shot dead by UVF gunmen in Widow Scanlon’s pub, Pearse Street after preventing two loyalist bombers entering a Sinn Féin fundraiser. A second doorman, Paddy Burke, was shot in the throat but survived.

18 August – Prominent Dublin criminal Martin Cahill known as The General, is shot dead in his car by the PIRA at the road junction where Oxford Road meets Charleston Road in Rathmines.

21 September – The UVF planted a 1.5 kg bomb on the Belfast–Dublin train. It partially exploded as the train neared Dublin Connolly railway station, wounding two people.

Im well aware that he grew up in Republic of Ireland. You still don't think he had family or friends that were affected by it.

Being as the The Troubles lasted from 68 to 98 he will know of it but probably doesn't speak of it because he realises he was very scarcely effected by it.

Diaz never talks about how his heritage of gardening, tequila and sleeping on the job.

21 May – IRA member was shot dead by UVF gunmen in Widow Scanlon’s pub, Pearse Street after preventing two loyalist bombers entering a Sinn Féin fundraiser. A second doorman, Paddy Burke, was shot in the throat but survived.

18 August – Prominent Dublin criminal Martin Cahill known as The General, is shot dead in his car by the PIRA at the road junction where Oxford Road meets Charleston Road in Rathmines.

21 September – The UVF planted a 1.5 kg bomb on the Belfast–Dublin train. It partially exploded as the train neared Dublin Connolly railway station, wounding two people.

1) Martin Cahill was a drug dealer executed by PIRA for not paying his dues

2) Still doesnt mean McGregor was even touched by these scenarios? Still does not mean he has ever seen a loyalist, British soldier or protestant!! I used to go to Londonderry 3 times a year visiting family and can remember lying in the back garden and the ground shakes and a big rumble fills the air as a car bomb goes off a mile away, I remember the constant car searches at check points, I remember the soldiers coming into the Estate busting houses etc so me as a Scot have probably been more touched by the troubles as he was. Conor lived a nice protected comfortable life

We'll never know, because Nate is going to box that can up easily.

Put ur forum reputation where your mouth is son.

AV bet me on this fight.

I'll even let you change my name and AV if you win (lel) since the odds are so stacked in Conors favor.

1) Martin Cahill was a drug dealer executed by PIRA for not paying his dues

2) Still doesnt mean McGregor was even touched by these scenarios? Still does not mean he has ever seen a loyalist, British soldier or protestant!! I used to go to Londonderry 3 times a year visiting family and can remember lying in the back garden and the ground shakes and a big rumble fills the air as a car bomb goes off a mile away, I remember the constant car searches at check points, I remember the soldiers coming into the Estate busting houses etc so me as a Scot have probably been more touched by the troubles as he was. Conor lived a nice protected comfortable life

You argued there was no trouble in the south I merely informed you of how incorrect you were.

How do you no he hasn't? I don't claim to know what his childhood was like but you seem pretty sure. Did you him as a young kid?

He's someone who's lived in Ireland his whole life so I struggle to imagine how something like that couldn't help but effect you on some level. 

Diaz never talks about how his heritage of gardening, tequila and sleeping on the job.

21 May – IRA member  was shot dead by UVF gunmen in Widow Scanlon’s pub, Pearse Street after preventing two loyalist bombers entering a Sinn Féin fundraiser. A second doorman, Paddy Burke, was shot in the throat but survived.

21 September – The UVF planted a 1.5 kg bomb on the Belfast–Dublin train. It partially exploded as the train neared Dublin Connolly railway station, wounding two people.

LMAO 2 GUYS SHOT DEAD AND 2 WOUNDED IN A YEAR?

What a br00talc0re wartorn city that is.

That's called 3 PM in any major American city.

You're trying really hard, but it's not working. Just. Stop.

Put ur forum reputation where your mouth is son.

AV bet me on this fight.

I'll even let you change my name and AV if you win (lel) since the odds are so stacked in Conors favor.

I already AV bet Robert Sparks, and I"m not doing a name change bet because every time I change my name IDYB steals my username with one of his alts.

my father is irish, a lot of my family live around the area Conor grew up.  he makes a good story of the tough times

unless he was abused as a child, then his story is no different to my cousins that live there. over the years i had been to Ireland never seen any trouble that was out of the ordinary for any city, just isolated incidents you'd see in any major city

i aint saying the troubles were a walk in the park, but still.   

Nick Diaz was on the swim team of his local school. What a gangster.

Archived