If Comber loses...

Los_Polo_Hermano

If Comber loses will he make up excuses as to why he lost? Will he use moving up to fight at WW as an excuse?

I'm curious to hear both the dangler's side of this subject and the normal fans that aren't swinging from his sack.

Yes, that's why they are trying to make it sound like Nate Diaz a legitimate welterweight, and keep emphasizing that he's moving up two weight classes. When he loses his casual fanbase will convince themselves that it's because he moved up two weight classes, and not because he's finally fighting in his natural weight class.

He'll make excuses. I'm a fan of his fighting but not of his shtick. I have no idea if Conor really believes all the crap he says but when he does get a loss it's really gonna mess with his head, so he'd better have a crap load of excuses ready to go just to help himself deal with it.

I'm not a huge Conor fan but I think he'd actually be humble if he lost honestly without making excuses. 

I'm sure we'd see some article on bloodyelbow a week later like "Conors coach/training partner/Dana states he had super AIDS (or whatever applicable excuse) leading up to the fight."

He cries like a **** that someone spiked his drink with Xanax which is laughed out of court but then we see CCTV images of Faber leaving McGingers dressing room laughing to himself. Seriously though I think he will use every excuse under the sun to belittle Diaz's achievement of beating him on 8 days notice. The % of guys coming in at short notice winning is tiny so its an uphill battle right away for Nate but Ginger pubes won he would claim it a fantastic victory

Didn't he have to go to 170 cause he couldn't get in shape for LW in time. When people keep talking about & asking him about fighting Lawler, he never seems very enthusiastic. I think it would be a good fight, I also think he is mad to say he doesn't care about weight classes, id say WW is his limit, I cant see him beating Rockhold or Jones.

If Comber loses will he make up excuses as to why he lost? Will he use moving up to fight at WW as an excuse?

I'm curious to hear both the dangler's side of this subject and the normal fans that aren't swinging from his sack.

Speaking from the perspective of a "normal" fan, I actually think he accepts defeat like a man, gives respect to Diaz and makes no excuses.

Actually, no, no I don't. He's shown himself to be a very poor sportsman in victory, I expect the same thing in defeat. He will stomp and cry if it's a decision against him, he may even snatch the scorecard from buffer and attempt to eat it.

First and foremost its the 170 lb thing.

HE was really only meaning to go to 155 but Nate forced him to accept a fight at 170.

Which is odd because Comber claims he is the one who makes the rules and calls the shots...

Pretty sure I nailed it.

First thing Conor mentioned was how he normally KOs guys bit at 170 he needed blah blah blah.

Archived