Sign in to follow this  
NetshadeX

The Gun thread

Price of ammo is thru the roof here, price gouging because of supply/demand....when the Lefty's quit buying guns prices will come down. Luckily I'm fully stocked up, and plenty of 8# cans of powder for hand loading.

The joke is the price on rimfire ammo, it's tripled even quadrupled in price....90% made by CCI no matter what label is on the box.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bwana said:

Price of ammo is thru the roof here, price gouging because of supply/demand....when the Lefty's quit buying guns prices will come down. Luckily I'm fully stocked up, and plenty of 8# cans of powder for hand loading.

The joke is the price on rimfire ammo, it's tripled even quadrupled in price....90% made by CCI no matter what label is on the box.

Thats why I bought a case of 5.56 and 9mm every month back in the day. I'm stocked good on everything I need. 9mm, 5.56, 7.62, .308, and 10mm. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2016 at 10:33 AM, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I have roughly 60 guns. Mostly handguns as that's my "thing". From Glocks to Sigs to HKs to S&W Revolvers to a bad purchse of a desert Eagle.

I do own a few rifles. I own two Colt LE6920 and swap out the uppers occasionally for a 300 blackout.

Favorite manufacturer: Heckler and Koch

Favorite gun I own: HK Mark 23

Favorite thing at the range: shooting suppressed 9mm and .45ACP

Least favorite thing: Idiots at the range who don't know gun safety.

First time posting in this thread

Purchased my first gun today. Couple buddies of mine invited me to the shooting range couple weeks ago (first time shooting loaded gun) - I was immediately sold. I am inexperienced, not very knowledgable when it comes to guns, but it's something I"m gonna be reading on for a long time now

I purchased a Glock 17 9mm - I wasn't looking to get something too expensive, but something I could have as my own to take to the range and just have at home. Shot a Sig P226, was very fond of it. Potentially something I get down the line, but like I said, want to get more involved and knowledgable in this area

In reply to the bold: Yeah this was the first thing they taught me. Literally as we waited, ruffley 30-min to get a bay, went through all the safety procedures and what not. I could see this being annoying as I get out to the ranges more.

EDIT: Smith and Wesson revolver ... one day

Edited by Nyte
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nyte said:

Purchased my first gun today. Couple buddies of mine invited me to the shooting range couple weeks ago (first time shooting loaded gun) - I was immediately sold. I am inexperienced, not very knowledgable when it comes to guns, but it's something I"m gonna be reading on for a long time now

I purchased a Glock 17 9mm - I wasn't looking to get something too expensive, but something I could have as my own to take to the range and just have at home. Shot a Sig P226, was very fond of it. Potentially something I get down the line, but like I said, want to get more involved and knowledgable in this area

In reply to the bold: Yeah this was the first thing they taught me. Literally as we waited, ruffley 30-min to get a bay, went through all the safety procedures and what not. I could see this being annoying as I get out to the ranges more.

Did you move?  I thought California had that gay law where you couldn't have more than 10 rounds in a magazine.  A G17 holds 17.  I hope you got a 3rd gen.  The 4th and 5th gens have seen failures.

I currently own 2 Glocks both 3rd generation.  G19 and G27.  I want one of the G17L's that they no longer make though.  It's the frame of a 17 with a 6" barrel instead of 4.5"

When people like you stop buying all the goddamn guns and ammo I'm going to get something like a Ruger PC Charger or an Extar EP9.  6.5" barrels with a brace, top rail, bottom rail and they use Glock magazines.  I'll have to get my hands on some more 33 round fun sticks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Did you move?  I thought California had that gay law where you couldn't have more than 10 rounds in a magazine.  A G17 holds 17.  I hope you got a 3rd gen.  The 4th and 5th gens have seen failures.

I currently own 2 Glocks both 3rd generation.  G19 and G27.  I want one of the G17L's that they no longer make though.  It's the frame of a 17 with a 6" barrel instead of 4.5"

When people like you stop buying all the goddamn guns and ammo I'm going to get something like a Ruger PC Charger or an Extar EP9.  6.5" barrels with a brace, top rail, bottom rail and they use Glock magazines.  I'll have to get my hands on some more 33 round fun sticks.

I believe California revoked the mag law and you can now buy 30 rounders

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

I have a 17L. Good shooter. I have pretty much all the Glocks upto the G30.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Yeah I'd take a 24 as well if I could find either.  Now they make 34 and 35 at 5.31" barrels but they're 4th and 5th gens.

If 10mm ammo didn't cost so much I might buy that big one with the MOS system.  It's a 6" barrel and I've heard 10mm can bring down a ****ing deer.  I never even see 10mm ammo though.  I want the ammo that the government uses.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

You're right ; it's 10 rounds in a mag (in Cali)

Dude at Ammo Bros who sold me the gun , my buddy and I were talking to him for a bit,...he was very anxious to get out of Cali cause of the gun laws lol

Edit: nah, still in ghey a-rse-Angels-trash- SoCal

Edited by Nyte
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyte said:

You're right ; it's 10 rounds in a mag (in Cali)

Dude at Ammo Bros who sold me the gun , my buddy and I were talking to him for a bit,...he was very anxious to get out of Cali cause of the gun laws lol

Edit: nah, still in ghey a-rse-Angels-trash- SoCal

Roids said that Cali recently revoked that gay chit so I looked it up when I saw your post.  It does appear they rovoked it last year because it's unconstitutional.

I know they can plug magazines and make them only hold a certain amount.  I have the .40 cal version of the gun Smith and Wesson was sued by Glock for patent infringement over.  S&W didn't even fight it and just settled out of court.  I got it from a guy that was dealing with health issues keeping him out of work and I figured couple of hundred bucks for a Smith made Glock ripoff was a good deal and they aren't worth much more than that but it was.  4.1" barrel and anyway I Googled it for magazine capacity.  It said the 9mm version held 16 and this .40 cal version held 14+1.

It must have come from one of these gay states because the only mag that it came with is capped at 10 rounds.  It's a reliable throwaway not registered to me.  Not that pistols have to be legally registered in TN.

Yo @I_Take_Roids_m8 you should always own at least 2 guns, right?  That second one needs no ties to your social security number.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Oh yeah I know you own a ton of guns but speaking of good shooters.  I only have iron sights on that Ruger 9mm carbine I bought before all the anti gun dems started raiding the gun stores.  Which is terrifying how many first time gun owners are out there.

Anywho.  That mother****er has a 16" barrel on it and I got mine for 600.  I highly doubt a 10 round G26 mag would fit but the 15, 17 and obviously the 33 fun sticks all fit.  I'm not some crackshot with a youtube channel but I was drilling **** within my first 5 shots at reasonable distance to be on my father's 7 acres.

They make for a good bugout backpack gun because they come apart, easily put together and 9mm ammo is not in short supply for someone like you.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 9:58 PM, Nyte said:

Just saw this I have a lot of time on my hands I've been on medical leave since early June.

I had a 7 shot S&W .357 magnum that was sick.  They make a large frame 8 shot and you're a bigger guy.  Awesome gun but I sold mine because most importantly I wasn't even a mediocre shot with it.  I had that always firing low and it twisting left thing going on.  I think I could fix it under our current conditions.  It's a powerful round when coming from a long barrel.

I regret selling it because I could've practiced to get better.  Not a big deal though.  You did say Smith revolver one day.  I think the large frame 7 and 8 shot .357's are much better guns than .44 magnums.  It's probably because I only weigh 160 pounds and my accuracy with big caliber handguns is average at best.  I would say poor.

G17 is a damn good starter pistol though.  They don't kick like high pressure .40 cals and 9mm is a man killer.  The people that claim 9mm isn't a man killer have double digit IQ's.  That's a good range gun right out of the box.  No aftermarket **** necessary.  The best gun is the one that you can handle well.  9mm doesn't kick like .40 and the gun will last twice as long.

• Like 1