Sign in to follow this  
NetshadeX

The Gun thread

Just picked up another SCAR 17. This one in FDE. Just need a SCAR 20 and I'll be good for the SCAR series. I have a Galil ACE on order too. Love that FN gives you a cardboard box with your $3300.00 purchase. 

Screenshot_20210810-181504_Gallery.jpg

20210810_180115.jpg

20210810_173146.jpg

• Like 3

Ammo prices are totally insane, went searching for bulk buys today online....what a joke, and supplies are in the toilet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwana said:

Ammo prices are totally insane, went searching for bulk buys today online....what a joke, and supplies are in the toilet.

Our local sporting goods store started jacking up their prices too. Shipping costs are higher right now so I understand a little price increase but they are raising them $10-15 per box because people will buy them. 

Ridiculous

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Our local sporting goods store started jacking up their prices too. Shipping costs are higher right now so I understand a little price increase but they are raising them $10-15 per box because people will buy them. 

Ridiculous

They're gouging the chiit out of the general public, almost $60 a box/20 for quality rifle ammo ?.....GTFOH

I'm glad I reload, but they're making getting power and primers a real PITA....and quality bullets like Berger are drying up. Forget about bulk buying 5.56 NATO, may as well lube up before you push "buy" button.

• Like 1

I cranked off 300 rounds today, all the way out to 300 yards...sighting/breaking in a new rifle, hot as hell 92F and humid.

23 hours ago, Bwana said:

Lucky gunner and buds are the cheapest I've seen for 223/556. 7.62 is going through the roof due to Bidens import ban. I have tens of thousands of rounds of x39. Been buying since I was 18 and it was $150/case for tula back in the day. 

People just need to stop panic buying thinking they're going to be able to use that much ammo if shtf. They're lucky if they'll be able to carry 6 loaded mags and a loaded rifles worth let alone thousands of rounds.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Lucky gunner and buds are the cheapest I've seen for 223/556. 7.62 is going through the roof due to Bidens import ban. I have tens of thousands of rounds of x39. Been buying since I was 18 and it was $150/case for tula back in the day. 

People just need to stop panic buying thinking they're going to be able to use that much ammo if shtf. They're lucky if they'll be able to carry 6 loaded mags and a loaded rifles worth let alone thousands of rounds.

Thanks, I'll take a look at those sites. I'm not panic buying but running out of 556, 9mm, 41 mag...and no way I reloading 2 of those calibers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bwana said:

Thanks, I'll take a look at those sites. I'm not panic buying but running out of 556, 9mm, 41 mag...and no way I reloading 2 of those calibers.

It sucks right now. Us regular shooters like you and I are getting screwed by noobs. Hopefully prices fall again like they did two weeks ago. This ban pretty much puts an end to the 5.45 round and guns unless someone steps up in the US or Romania/Ukraine. 

It sucks cause i just ordered a Galil ACE in 7.62 x 39 but i am fortunate to have lots of x39. I feel for the guys just getting into the AK game and now the ammo is gonna dry up. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

It sucks right now. Us regular shooters like you and I are getting screwed by noobs. Hopefully prices fall again like they did two weeks ago. This ban pretty much puts an end to the 5.45 round and guns unless someone steps up in the US or Romania/Ukraine. 

It sucks cause i just ordered a Galil ACE in 7.62 x 39 but i am fortunate to have lots of x39. I feel for the guys just getting into the AK game and now the ammo is gonna dry up. 

I haven't seen much on the ban TBH, are you saying we won't be able to purchase 556x45 ammo ?....considering most will swallow 243 cartridges, what are they gaining ?

10 hours ago, Bwana said:

I haven't seen much on the ban TBH, are you saying we won't be able to purchase 556x45 ammo ?....considering most will swallow 243 cartridges, what are they gaining ?

545 ammo used in Ak74's and A LOT (about 75%, of all x39 ammo) was sold by Russia in the form of Tula and Wolf. It's not banned for importation. 

545 is really screwed as Russia was the primary source of that ammo. I'm already seeing AK47 prices dropping like mad because people are afraid to buy without a cheap ammo option. Hopefully someone in the US can step up or overseas and deliver. They'd make a killing on cheap steel cased ammo. 

• Like 1