Wow. Holly. Wow.

TheBigRedOne

Styles make fights, but I also think Holly wins 4 out of 5 times against Miesha.

Miesha can also beat Ronda if she doesn't let her pride get in the way. Her willingness to grapple and run into Ronda's throws cost her the last fight. Hopefully, she has learned since then and actually utilizes an effective gameplan next time.

Holly beats ronda 999/1000 times

Meisha beats holly maybe 700/1000 times

Meisha beats ronda

Tate had ronda rocked and hit her a million times clean before the armbar in the second fight, that was her fight to lose and she lost it

I want to see

Ronda vs holly

Zingano vs nunes

Bothe holly.and ronda coming off losses do they deserve title.shot,when zingano and nunes are coming off wins? Then theres.horsemeat pena too.

Either Tate just got really good, or Holly didn't take her a seriously as she professed?

Well I guess Ronda will suddenly appear out of nowhere saying she can fight at 200.

Dana says she text him saying that she will get back to work. Sounds like that cow was out grazing so long as Holly was champ

Holly has looked bad against some fighters. I think we can call bs on her sandbagging in her previous fights.

Totally.

Listen, women suck at MMA. The women's divisions are a joke. Ronda Rousey is a poor man's Rousimir Palhares. She's a 1-trick pony (arm-bars) with very poor skills beyond her judo.

Obviously, she looked good against a bum like Bethe Correia, who isn't even good at hitting a bag.

Ronda appeared great in the division because all other women sucked at everything at all. Then there came Holly Holm, who is another 1-trick pony (decent kickboxing), but at least she's got that one skill down, and by having good athleticism and great coaching she was able to nullify Ronda's trick and exploit the advantage in her field of expertise.

But Holm has no grappling to save her life. She could learn to defend Ronda's armbar, because she could spend 4 months on just that knowing Ronda had nothing else in her toolbox.

Now, Miesha is kinda good at everything (although in WMMA it just means not sucking), so Holm got out-grappled and her striking was only what it really is - decent. 

Meisha beats ronda

Tate had ronda rocked and hit her a million times clean before the armbar in the second fight, that was her fight to lose and she lost it

I want to see

Ronda vs holly

Zingano vs nunes

Bothe holly.and ronda coming off losses do they deserve title.shot,when zingano and nunes are coming off wins? Then theres.horsemeat pena too.

Tate was outstruck by Ronda 40-24 and was taken down 6 times.

Tate can never and will never beat Ronda. 

You act like ronda will return just as the same fighter she was before. Don't be surprised if that same right hand tate kept landing does put ronda out cold next time

Meisha beats ronda

I want to see

Ronda vs holly

Zingano vs nunes

Cat is not coming off of a win. Her last fight was that 14 second embarrassment against Ronda.

Nunes hasn't beaten any one in the top 5, much less top 10 to talk of a title fight.

Although Tate has improved her game, I still think Ronda will always be her superior.

As far as Holly's ground game, she proved in her previous fights to be able to defend against any grappling attack.  She admits she got complacent and allowed Tate to sink it in.

Regardless it is an L for Holly.

Dana still has this hard on to make someone wait to fight Ronda. I thin she will fight in UFC 200, only because she knows she can beat Tate.

The real questions are if for some reason Ronda cannot fight until the Fall, who will Tate fight.

One prediction stands out.  During Ronda's last interview before her Holly fight, she said that after she is gone, then they can all fight for the title.

And she is right.

Nunes hasn't beaten any one in the top 5, much less top 10 to talk of a title fight.

One prediction stands out.  During Ronda's last interview before her Holly fight, she said that after she is gone, then they can all fight for the title.

And she is right.

Nunes last 2 fights were against girls in the top 10. Her last loss was against Cat, who is number 3 and she was kicking that **** until her gas tank let her down.

Ronda got literally kicked out, don't think that's what she was implying when she said gone

True, but they were mostly ground strikes. Miesha was clearly beating her on the feet, yet seemed intent on trying to grapple with her.

I think one of the reasons Ronda's judo is so effective is that most MMA training focuses on defending takedowns from a wrestling standpoint - single and double legs primarily. Ronda's upper-body based throws are new territory for a lot of her opponents. Even if they bring in someone for training camp, the difference between a black belt from the local judo club and someone who makes the Olympic team is absolutely huge. True to judo form, Ronda is a master at feeling out and predicting her opponents' momentum, using it against them. Unfortunately Miesha's straight-on wrestling takedown attempts generally end up with her being sidestepped and thrown.

I would still love to see Miesha crack Ronda with a nice overhand right, similar to the one she landed on Jessica Eye.

True, but they were mostly ground strikes. Miesha was clearly beating her on the feet, yet seemed intent on trying to grapple with her.

I think one of the reasons Ronda's judo is so effective is that most MMA training focuses on defending takedowns from a wrestling standpoint - single and double legs primarily. Ronda's upper-body based throws are new territory for a lot of her opponents. Even if they bring in someone for training camp, the difference between a black belt from the local judo club and someone who makes the Olympic team is absolutely huge. True to judo form, Ronda is a master at feeling out and predicting her opponents' momentum, using it against them. Unfortunately Miesha's straight-on wrestling takedown attempts generally end up with her being sidestepped and thrown.

I would still love to see Miesha crack Ronda with a nice overhand right, similar to the one she landed on Jessica Eye.

it shouldn't be that hard to find an Olympic judoka who's not busy to train with - there's plenty who've thrown Honda for five they could find to replicate her steeze

Holly stuffed all but one her Judo attempts.  Even in that one she managed to get her down on, she failed to even get her arm in the slightest.

Based on that, a judo Olympian apparently doesn't mean you will always defeat an opponent trained by a non judo Olympian.

That being said, Ronda and Holly beats Tate 9/10 times.  Holly has been KO'd and came back to win back the belt, she can get through this.

Totally.

Listen, women suck at MMA. The women's divisions are a joke. Ronda Rousey is a poor man's Rousimir Palhares. She's a 1-trick pony (arm-bars) with very poor skills beyond her judo.

Obviously, she looked good against a bum like Bethe Correia, who isn't even good at hitting a bag.

Ronda appeared great in the division because all other women sucked at everything at all. Then there came Holly Holm, who is another 1-trick pony (decent kickboxing), but at least she's got that one skill down, and by having good athleticism and great coaching she was able to nullify Ronda's trick and exploit the advantage in her field of expertise.

But Holm has no grappling to save her life. She could learn to defend Ronda's armbar, because she could spend 4 months on just that knowing Ronda had nothing else in her toolbox.

Now, Miesha is kinda good at everything (although in WMMA it just means not sucking), so Holm got out-grappled and her striking was only what it really is - decent. 

kinda like how fedor was good in HW division

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ronda finished holy in the 1st in a rematch.

Holy outstruck tate and Ronda clearly however she seems to lack ground defence.

Ronda will never defeat Holly.

Tate has made plenty of women, including an Olympic Silver Medalist look bad on the ground.  Holly's training probably didn't include BJJ, since she admitted not trying to control the hands after Tate got her back twice.

Ronda will never defeat Holly.

Tate has made plenty of women, including an Olympic Silver Medalist look bad on the ground.  Holly's training probably didn't include BJJ, since she admitted not trying to control the hands after Tate got her back twice.

the only reason why ronda would struggle against holy is that ronda relies on clinch work to secure a takedown, where as meisha will shoot for single and double legs. If ronda gets holy down and keeps her down though fight would end very quick.

Its not easy to clinch with holy due to her being on the back foot and controlling distance, also her kickboxing experience means shes used to trips and throws

Holly is a counter-fighter, she doesn't look good against anyone who won't lead. She looked great against Ronda because Ronda just charged her over and over with her amateur striking. Holm vs Rousey was basically Leben vs Silva with tits.

Meisha didn't let her ego blind her the way it did Ronda, that said, Holm was winning on points right up until the end.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ronda finished holy in the 1st in a rematch.

Holy outstruck tate and Ronda clearly however she seems to lack ground defence.

Honda was unable to get Holly on the ground in the first fight.

She fought a stupid and reckless fight and probably got what she deserved.

If Honda can get Holly to the ground she will armbar her easily.

If Tate can choke her Honda can armbar her. 

ON the other hand there are some fighters that just have other fighters numbers.

Like Frankie has BJ's number. and Petis has Hendersons.

Maybe Holly just has the game that beats Honda. 

She fought a stupid and reckless fight and probably got what she deserved.

Honda did get her to the ground though and had a chance for the armbar, Holly easily defended it.

There is a big difference in fighting off someone from your back and being in their guard.

I do not think Holm overlooked Tate but I think she was way more focused against Ronda. Also, she made sound like she thought the fight was in the bag on the 5th round (she even made sound like that on the press).

On the other hand, Tate did improve! You can tell her hands got way better and you can tell she is not the same Tate who lost against Ronda!

Miesha is decades ahead of Holly on the ground. I thought it was going to be a closer fight before the finish tbh, pretty sure Miesha was frozen in the standup game. It took the urgency of being in the 5th round for her to do what she's capable of.

Yup. Her corner told her she was losing and she went for it. Too often fighters aren't told the truth or they don't listen to their corner.

Miesha is decades ahead of Holly on the ground. I thought it was going to be a closer fight before the finish tbh, pretty sure Miesha was frozen in the standup game. It took the urgency of being in the 5th round for her to do what she's capable of.

I think Holly would do ok in a top position with Meisha. She wasn't ready for Meisha to duck under her left straight and use the bodylock trip before she could get her hips back, get some inside control and hand fight. Holly is great at the clinch shutting down TD's but if she gets caught in transition off striking she's vulnerable before she gets her balance back, base set and hand positioning. She's beast when she has a structure to work from but if you can take her down right off of her strikes she's vulnerable. 

I was really disappointed with Holly's half guard...way too flat, she let her wrist get pinned with her shoulders flat on the mat, no half butterfly to try to take the pressure off the hips and get to a full guard, no knee shield & bicep tie to try to create more distance or if Meisha burrows in tie-up the head to control posture then use Meisha's anti-pressure resisting the pull to recover full guard. No attempt to hip escape or bridge to disrupt Meisha's base momentarily then recover full guard. Her hand fighting with her back taken while gutsy wasn't good at all. 

Honda did get her to the ground though and had a chance for the armbar, Holly easily defended it.

There is a big difference in fighting off someone from your back and being in their guard.

They were well prepared for that armbar from that stepover armbar from the back like she did against Cat. 

If she did catch one from the guard and got stacked then spin under and rolled her to the spiderweb position on top she'd tap her. Or if she got to spiderweb from Full Mount>S-Mount>Spiderweb>Armbar it's gonna be over. She is just too good at breaking grips from there and her armbar from that top position is powerful and pretty much flawless. 

Either Tate just got really good, or Holly didn't take her a seriously as she professed?

Well I guess Ronda will suddenly appear out of nowhere saying she can fight at 200.

Tate definitely improved. The thing that impressed me is she's so feisty and fights with so much tenacity that she usually rushes things and makes mistakes because of it. Her striking is a little better but i'm still not impressed. She hits harder has more solid footing at the cost of being slow but she's still a little clumsy and loopy at times but mixed with the grappling threat and her awkwardness it kinda works for her.

What did impress me in this fight is her distance and pressure was near flawless. She didn't chase or get sucked into traps but she kept enough pressure to make Holly uncomfortable to pressure her being wary of the TD and big right hand and when she did have opportunities with the ground grappling advantage once she did get it to the mat boy did she ever take advantage of it. 

Holly makes one little mistake and its over.

Comical that people think Honda can't sub her. 

No one has said Honda can't do it, you extrapolated that on your own. But you first implied that she will do it easily if she gets Holly down which is odd since she DID get Holly down, went for the armbar and failed.

By now saying she needs Holly to make a mistake you yourself negate your easily claim.

Archived