I just watched Diaz vs Conor and ....

Jason_H.

...and from what I read before I watched the fight and from what other people were saying, I got the impression Conor was winning the fight.

BULL****!  Diaz was clearly out-boxing Conor.

I think the cut above Nate's eyes just played an illusion to making a lot of people think he was losing but, in all actuality, Nate was outscoring Conor with a lot of jabs and making Conor miss a lot. 

Nate was hardly touched.  I counted about 7 shots that landed for Conor whereas Diaz landed about 120. 

He was clearly dominating the fight but he was putting everything into those shots and is used to midgets crumbling. Nate took it and came forward.

He'll most likely smash all the featherweights who aren't named Frankie Edgar

nate has scar tissue there, and connor hit him on the exact spot 3 times.....but not much elsewhere, connor admitted himself post fight he mostly collected gloves and arms and threw too much in those uppercuts and wheel kicks. the fight was always going to over for connor after the first, nate needed time to get ring ready with no sparring and connor went flat out with nothing left.

You can stick three quarters into that cut above Nate's eye.

Conor was hardly bleeding. You sound ridiculous.

Do you even know what a grazing shot means?  It means the punch was not flush and barely hit the target...and that's one of the most common ways fighters get cut. 

Nate certainly took some good shots.. I was pretty drunk but from what I remember the first round Conor won but he didnt dominate it 

You were definitely drunk.

You're not wrong though lol. Conor won the first round. Says he was winning the second right too, but had that round finished, Nate would have easily took it and it would have been 1-1.

You were definitely drunk.

You're not wrong though lol. Conor won the first round. Says he was winning the second right too, but had that round finished, Nate would have easily took it and it would have been 1-1.

yeah I agree,  he started second round well, but Nate "warmed up" and started picking him off.  If Conor had hung on till the end of the second I still think NAte would have finished him in the third.

yeah I agree,  he started second round well, but Nate "warmed up" and started picking him off.  If Conor had hung on till the end of the second I still think NAte would have finished him in the third.

Yeah no doubt about it. He would have been gassed entering the third. He was gassed as it was towards the end of the second round.

OP you watched the fight with one eye closed lol.

Conor missed because he was throwing  wild haymakers,telegraphed strikes and he was not even within range to connect if he wanted to.He was simply swinging for the fence on every strike and why he gassed out,he figured 1-2 he would KO Nate.I am sure Conor also felt the pressure of a 1st round prediction that is why he went all out for a KO instead of fighting smart.

I am not sure what goes in these guys heads,i think they just get tired so they stand too far out of the pocket.Johnson did the same thing as Conor,you coudl see he was better but he was never in range to pull the trigger,so swinging at air aka Bisping style.

NORMALLY i would say it was because of a defensive posture,sort of swinging but not fully committing for fear of a counter but in Conor's case  he was fully committing just not in range.

Yeah Conor is fast,but when you wind up your punches and Nate is just basically slapping his arms out not really committing your not going to hit him too often.You could clearly see that Conor had 5x the power Nate did,he could have taken something fof those strikes and made sure to land more.

Conor's whole speech was precision and speed beat power and yet he was the one swinging with power and no precision lol.Bottom line is just like theJohnson fight,Nate was a sort fo non factor it was Conor's and Johnson's to lose and they lost it.It does make the fight game exciting,you never know what mindset a fighter has,upsets can happen.

Conor's biggest and maybe only problem is his ego,he doesn't like to show a sign of weakness,so he holds his hands down low when he fights,he never likes to post a defensive stance,he tries to be the Alpha male in the ring but it can cost you as it did Rhonda.Holly's fight was totally different,she lost that by getting lazy,Miesha was doing nothing the entire fight so Holly would get lazy and Miesha would surprise her.Holly also literally ripped Miesha's grip off her several times in that second round,so she felt she could do the same in the fifth but not happening.

^ tldr

But nate threw the ones that counted from a few mins into the 2nd and that's where the fight was one. It was pretty obvious the first round was a warm up for Nate, the second he moved into 2nd gear and barely dropped the clutch for 3rd when Cagegrabber McTapper dived at his feet in desperation to be finished and that's all he needed.

You can stick three quarters into that cut above Nate's eye.

Conor was hardly bleeding. You sound ridiculous.

That is simply down to scar tissue on his face same as Nick Diaz, If you dont make a Diaz bleed during a fight then you should really retire they are that prone to cutting. Nates damage was superficial due to scar tissue but Nate Damaged Conor to the point he was doing the chicken dance across the cage and at no point in time was Nate ever fazed he kept in Conors face knowing he would soon find his timing and look what happened when he did

OP you watched the fight with one eye closed lol.

Conor missed because he was throwing wild haymakers,telegraphed strikes and he was not even within range to connect if he wanted to.He was simply swinging for the fence on every strike and why he gassed out,he figured 1-2 he would KO Nate.I am sure Conor also felt the pressure of a 1st round prediction that is why he went all out for a KO instead of fighting smart.

I am not sure what goes in these guys heads,i think they just get tired so they stand too far out of the pocket.Johnson did the same thing as Conor,you coudl see he was better but he was never in range to pull the trigger,so swinging at air aka Bisping style.

NORMALLY i would say it was because of a defensive posture,sort of swinging but not fully committing for fear of a counter but in Conor's case he was fully committing just not in range.

Yeah Conor is fast,but when you wind up your punches and Nate is just basically slapping his arms out not really committing your not going to hit him too often.You could clearly see that Conor had 5x the power Nate did,he could have taken something fof those strikes and made sure to land more.

Conor's whole speech was precision and speed beat power and yet he was the one swinging with power and no precision lol.Bottom line is just like theJohnson fight,Nate was a sort fo non factor it was Conor's and Johnson's to lose and they lost it.It does make the fight game exciting,you never know what mindset a fighter has,upsets can happen.

Conor's biggest and maybe only problem is his ego,he doesn't like to show a sign of weakness,so he holds his hands down low when he fights,he never likes to post a defensive stance,he tries to be the Alpha male in the ring but it can cost you as it did Rhonda.Holly's fight was totally different,she lost that by getting lazy,Miesha was doing nothing the entire fight so Holly would get lazy and Miesha would surprise her.Holly also literally ripped Miesha's grip off her several times in that second round,so she felt she could do the same in the fifth but not happening.

So when 2 week camp Chad gassed it was from body shots but when Conor got rocked by a punch it was he gassed due to over committing?? WOW

I just don't like people bashing Conor now that he's lost. He really took chances with this fight. 

Lol Conor bashes everyone on his way, claims he doesn't care about weight classes, that he'll easily KO Nate

Then he loses and somehow there are fans to say "please don't hurt his feelings"

Hey Conor, thanks for moving up, m8. Lesson learned, go back to fighting midgets (and KOing them)

conor clearly dominated the first. He was obviously expecting Diaz to roll over but then didnt have a plan b

Conor was winning easy up until 2:24 of the 2nd round, once he got rocked it was just a matter of time.

Diaz made Conor missed a lot in the first.  Conor may have landed 2 good shots and one grazing blow in rd 1. 

Has it come to this!?!?

CANor got his azz beat.. Start to finish. Stop trying to find a silver lining..

Accept the butthurt like so many other's

That just isn't true though, yes he got beat, but he was not getting his **** beat from start to finish.

...and from what I read before I watched the fight and from what other people were saying, I got the impression Conor was winning the fight.

You were obviously reading Cole's posts. 

Never read Cole's posts for an honest analysis of what happened.

Hold on LOL.

Although Im *** happy Conor got mauled I cant say he didnt do any damage to Nate either.

Conor did win the first round, easily. Problem is that Nate ate his best shots then when Nate finally found his timing that was it for Conor.

Part of me believes Conor shoot for the TD wanting to get sub instead of getting KOd out cold LMAO.

Hold on LOL.

Although Im *** happy Conor got mauled I cant say he didnt do any damage to Nate either.

Conor did win the first round, easily. Problem is that Nate ate his best shots then when Nate finally found his timing that was it for Conor.

Part of me believes Conor shoot for the TD wanting to get sub instead of getting KOd out cold LMAO.

I thought so too lol.  When you know the end is near, you choose the lesser of the two evils. 

So can we agree Conor tapped to strikes???? 

I thought so too lol.  When you know the end is near, you choose the lesser of the two evils. 

So can we agree Conor tapped to strikes???? 

LOL Im glad I was not the only one who thought that.

Conor was about to go down like Evans style so he chose to get chocked.

Yeah, he has officially tapped to strikes!

Conor went to the deep end of the pool and tried to hang with the big kids.. he drowned and tapped which even sweet Holly wouldn't do; she has more balls. He showed his true colors after trying to sell he was a god.. Please, Kimbo fought bigger and better competition than Mcgregor. Back to the kiddie pool for the Irish Midget Killa!

Conor went to the deep end of the pool and tried to hang with the big kids.. he drowned and tapped which even sweet Holly wouldn't do; she has more balls. He showed his true colors after trying to sell he was a god.. Please, Kimbo fought bigger and better competition than Mcgregor. Back to the kiddie pool for the Irish Midget Killa!

This ^

Also, dont get me wrong, Conor was indeed selling himself so well (looking good at 145 of course) that even some people who dont like him thought he was going to do well against bigger guys (myself included).

That fight against Nate was just Conor being exposed as a fraud who can only look good with 145ers.

Nate Diaz is not a big hitter even as a 155 lber. He is a volume striker.

Conor hasn't even been in with a heavy hitter. 

The idea of him in with LAwler or Woodley or Lombard or even Hendroids is ridiculous.

good job the fight didnt go 5 rounds cause nate would have only got better longer the fight wnet and his volume would overwhelm mcgregor

such a terrible matchup for mcgregor, he really bought into his own hype.

Conor is the only one who got wobbled. He did good in the first, but he gave his best shots and couldn't drop Nate. Had that fight not ended when it did I believe Conor would have been TKO'd. I think Conor might have a suspect chin.

He's taken bombs from Mendes and didn't get phased. Cause he was fresh. When you are tired you are more susceptible to being rocked. This is pretty basic knowledge. Conor never dropped. He was gassed and getting punched in the face which was screwing with his equilibrium. His eyes never rolled and his legs never gave out.

He was stunned.

He's taken bombs from Mendes and didn't get phased. Cause he was fresh. When you are tired you are more susceptible to being rocked. This is pretty basic knowledge. Conor never dropped. He was gassed and getting punched in the face which was screwing with his equilibrium. His eyes never rolled and his legs never gave out.

He was stunned.

stunned......into bum rushing his opponent  :lol:

He was stunned.

His legs gave out a few times

Archived