DW: ''GSP would never move up to 185, That's what makes Conor McGregor so unique''

xFINISHxHIMx

The Las Vegas fight boss was a recent guest on ESPN's Russillo and Kanell show (via FOX Sports), explaining all the reasons why current UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor is such a great fighter to employ. First and foremost? "Notorious" had the testicular fortitude to jump to welterweight to fight a lightweight.

Ballsy!

Not like that yellow-bellied St-Pierre.

"That's the thing, nobody wants to do it. GSP would never move up to 185 to fight Anderson Silva. He wouldn't do it. That's what makes Saturday so fun. You know how many times we wanted to do the GSP-Anderson Silva fight? GSP would not do it. Would not do it. Guys don't do that stuff.

That's what makes Conor McGregor so unique, so fascinating and so fun. For GSP he was moving up one weight class. Conor McGregor jumped up two weight classes.

Conor McGregor is so much fun in the fight business. Guys don't do that. Guys who are making the money that Conor McGregor makes, has the money in the bank, and all the things that are going on with him, he has a world title, he just decides to jump up two weight classes and fight somebody else."

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/3/9/11187022/dana-white-conor-mcgregor-jumped-two-ufc-weight-classes-georges-st-pierre-mma

. Conor is a natural LW fighting at FW. 

This^^

And lest we forget, there was another LW who fought at WW Saturday night..............and kicked Connors ****!

Hey Dana...... took the fight on 8 days notice, no training camp, stepped up a extra weight class, and won, how about a shout out for Nate too you bald ****** 

The Las Vegas fight boss was a recent guest on ESPN's Russillo and Kanell show (via FOX Sports), explaining all the reasons why current UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor is such a great fighter to employ. First and foremost? "Notorious" had the testicular fortitude to jump to welterweight to fight a lightweight.

Ballsy!

Not like that yellow-bellied St-Pierre.

"That's the thing, nobody wants to do it. GSP would never move up to 185 to fight Anderson Silva. He wouldn't do it. That's what makes Saturday so fun. You know how many times we wanted to do the GSP-Anderson Silva fight? GSP would not do it. Would not do it. Guys don't do that stuff.

That's what makes Conor McGregor so unique, so fascinating and so fun. For GSP he was moving up one weight class. Conor McGregor jumped up two weight classes.

Conor McGregor is so much fun in the fight business. Guys don't do that. Guys who are making the money that Conor McGregor makes, has the money in the bank, and all the things that are going on with him, he has a world title, he just decides to jump up two weight classes and fight somebody else."

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/3/9/11187022/dana-white-conor-mcgregor-jumped-two-ufc-weight-classes-georges-st-pierre-mma

The UFC has lost touch with ts own roots.

In the early UFCs there were no weigh classes. That was normal. That was part of the deal. There were no judges and no weight classes.

Grcaie weighed 170 I think when he won UFC 1. He beat 3 guys who were all over 200 I think. 

So it has done. Pre Zuffa. Pre TUF. Pre weight classes and judges. 

Amazing that kinda ***** Dana says about a fighter he protects lol

Yeah, Conor "went up to fight at 170" against a 155er LOL!

I would agree with such statement if Conor had faced a real 170. A guy who actually belongs to 170 and not a guy who normally fights at 155!

The next *** Dana will probably say something crazy like Ronda already beat Holm, because she beat Tate, Tate beat Holm so Ronda "virtually" won the rematch against Holm lol

I would agree with such statement if Conor had faced a real 170. A guy who actually belongs to 170 and not a guy who normally fights at 155!

The next *** Dana will probably say something crazy like Ronda already beat Holm, because she beat Tate, Tate beat Holm so Ronda "virtually" won the rematch against Holm lol

Diaz has fought at 170 before, and he is a massive lightweight. 

GSP is a natural MW fighting at WW and even destroyed opponents who have fought at MW and LHW. He has beaten every opponent he has ever faced.  Conor is a natural MW fighting midgets and is 0/1 in his last 1 fights while fighting in the ufc ww division

fixed that for you

I bet connor would turn down or might have an excuse if wonderboy gets hurt and needs replacement to face rory.if dana isn't protecting conor in any way,he'd pick either cowboy or pettis wherein they have training camps.

Lulz

Rory MacDonald would crush Conor McGregor's soul in under five minutes. They wouldn't even let Conor take the fight. But I agree on the rest. They called Nate because they knew he was out partying.

And White likes to say desk jockeys don't have a clue.lmao

GSP hit a high of 192 ,Silva hit a high of 223,that is a 31 pound difference.When Silva's manager was asked back i ntrh eday ,he said himself that Silva was just too big for GSP.

Now Conor on the other hand is NOT 145 lbs,like the UFC is billing him as.

Also Conor never moved up to ANY weight class,that was simply a NATURAL weigh in one of which he fought a guy of almost identical weight,he was NOT fighting any old 170 fighter because those guys are fighting at 190+,not 168 and 169.This analogy like Dana is using is like saying ok we take Frankie and Chad Mendes and just LABEL their fight as  170 and say they are doing something amazing by moving up to 170.

One other important FACT is Silva was not on trhe same level as a Nate Diaz lmao,this would NOT be the equivalent of moving up to fight Silva that would be more like moving up to fight a bottom sweller,NOT a Silva who was holding the belt.Nate would NEVER hold a 170 belt and has already been schooled at 170 by non belt holders.

The ONLY time we can use a comparison is to compare if Conor had of fought RDA ,that would be a legit move up,even then most knew or realized Conor is NOT a 145 fighter,he is a 155 fighter.So in essence Conor fought at his proper weight class and against another 155 nothing amazing about that at all.

Remember Conor was offered Khabib,turned it down,he was offered others as well,turned it down.Conor simply tried to pull a snow job,he THOUGHT he was taking the easier fight.He as certain he could bill this as a 170 fight and that Nate likely would fight him stand up where as Khabib would wrestle him and others might wrestle him.Remember Nate was complaining to Cowboy Cerrone that he better not bring and of that Wrestling **** to their fight,so yeah Conor knew it would be a standup fight,at least until Nate knocked him down and took him out.

Nate has had a fair amount of experience fighting at 170

Nate has had a fair amount of experience fighting at 170

I agree but he had bad experiences and realized he is a 155er.

The fact that he had experiences at 170 does not mean he is a legit 170, man.

So lets say a MW makes an experience at LHW, does that experience make him a LHW then ?

makes him very special as in "special needs"? The guy went up for one fight after being on a sick streak and got recked. GSP wasn't known for being ballsy, he was known for being smart. Which this example kinda proves. I'm not really surprised that people confuse courage with recklessness in a sport like this one. But really.. I have no congratulations to offer to a guy for displaying some pathetic hubris.

you could say he tried to do what no one else tried. But that'd be simply false. BJ Penn tried that gimmick too and it didn't serve him well. Well.. at least not his record.

That's a less risky game than you'd think, depending on what are the gains you seek to achieve. Looking for fame, that's apparently a win-only move. If you win, you get stuck at the top of the P4P list. If you lose, you keep your title, and you still get praised for having tried. That **** is all PR.

YEAH BUT RONDA ISN'T SCARED OF CYBORG, ITS HER RESPONSIBLITY TO DROP TO HER WEIGHT TO FIGHT RONDA?

MAKES SENSE DANA

really don't understand this hypocrisy, by the end of Georges career Dana clearly was not a friend of his

All of the top 155 and 170 lb male fighters are dropping down to 145 to fight Conor.

Lulz

Rory MacDonald would crush Conor McGregor's soul in under five minutes. They wouldn't even let Conor take the fight. But I agree on the rest. They called Nate because they knew he was out partying.

Yeah,actually that's my point.rory will toss him around like a ball.so that WW experiment ends in 196.now before they try at 155,give edgar his shot.the reason why they want an aldo fight because DW knows that edgar has the best chance in giving conor a back 2 back loss.down goes the PPV for the irish fans.now if they give aldo the shot and wherein conor has the best chance in winning,then a 155 superfight will be an option again.its all business move actually.

i remember when gsp cheated by greasing up to try anything to win against bj penn, the greatest LW and also former WW champ. The same fighter who fought a 225 pound lyoto Machida and should have won, but crooked judges be blind yo!!

Fixed.. your welcome

makes him very special as in "special needs"? The guy went up for one fight after being on a sick streak and got recked. GSP wasn't known for being ballsy, he was known for being smart. Which this example kinda proves. I'm not really surprised that people confuse courage with recklessness in a sport like this one. But really.. I have no congratulations to offer to a guy for displaying some pathetic hubris.

you could say he tried to do what no one else tried. But that'd be simply false. BJ Penn tried that gimmick too and it didn't serve him well. Well.. at least not his record.

That's a less risky game than you'd think, depending on what are the gains you seek to achieve. Looking for fame, that's apparently a win-only move. If you win, you get stuck at the top of the P4P list. If you lose, you keep your title, and you still get praised for having tried. That **** is all PR.

This ^

Archived