Cyborg wants in

NangaParbatWinter16

I seem to remember Dana AND Rhonda complaining about catch weight fights lmao,then all a sudden it is Conor fighting anywhere he wants.Now Nate an unproven losing at 170 might get a 170 titles shot lol Nate is a 155 fighter not a 170 fighter.

I think after what they did with Conor,there is no more EXCUSES coming from Dana,except EXCUSES.

Why not create a 145 class for her in the UFC?

This ^

I often wonder the same thing.

Because she pissed Dana off by not taking the same monetary offer that he offered Ronda to come to the UFC.  Cyborg felt she was more established and more well known and should make more than her. Since then Dana has been thwarting her every since.  It took one of the owners to actually step over Dana and sign Cyborg a good monetary deal and a promise to fight for the title if she can make 135.

I've softened my stance on Cyborg quite a bit in the past year or so and I don't really know why.  Maybe because of the fact that she actually comes off as a nice gal, despite the roids in her past. Just looking at her and comparing her size to other girls makes it easy to believe that she can't make 135 safely or in a healthy manner. She has quite a cut just getting to 145, so going any lower just isn't going to happen.

I would like to see Holm vs. Cyborg as well, and we all know that Holly would accept the fight. I'd actually pick Holly to win as well. Cyborg is a much bigger, stronger fighter and hits much harder, but Holly is far more technically sound. I think Holly would beat her much in the same way that Jorina Baars beat her in a Muay Thai bout (and yes I know that MMA is not MT) - superior skills and technique over superior size & strength.

despite the roids in her past.

I find this statement interesting.  There was only failed test in her career, yet there are people who simply latch on to this as if it makes her a bad person overall.

Meanwhile, guys like Vitor, Sonnen, Barnett and others have failed tests, in some cases, multiple times, yet they are given free passes, if not less than harshly spoken about.

Because there is no 145 pound women's division in the UFC.

They can change that with the stroke of a pen.

Housey and Tate are both natural 145ers. (edit on Holms too. She used to fight at 145 or even bigger I think)

lol@WMMA needs a hw or unlimited division just like the men. They have closed the doors to so many female fighters.

I find this statement interesting.  There was only failed test in her career, yet there are people who simply latch on to this as if it makes her a bad person overall.

Meanwhile, guys like Vitor, Sonnen, Barnett and others have failed tests, in some cases, multiple times, yet they are given free passes, if not less than harshly spoken about.

In the same manner Jones takes more abuse over cocaine than Barnett or Sonnen or Andy take over roids. 

It is more about the person being blamed than about the problem itself.

People hate on Cyborg. 

They can change that with the stroke of a pen.

Housey and Tate are both natural 145ers. (edit on Holms too. She used to fight at 145 or even bigger I think)

lol@WMMA needs a hw or unlimited division just like the men. They have closed the doors to so many female fighters.

Gabi-Garcia1.jpg

That's a fair point. I think it has a lot to do with her looks. She looks like - fair or not - a woman who has had some serious exogenus testosterone use in her past. However, you are correct in that she only tested positive for steroids once her in her career, and that was for a steroid that's typically used to aid in cutting weight rather than building muscle.

Guys like Anderson, Sonnen, and Barnett don't look like juicers, but then again how you look isn't a drug test. Brock Lesnar looks like a roid monkey but he's never tested positive for steroids in the entirety of his amateur wrestling, pro wrasslin', or MMA careers.

LOL

ViTRT does not get a pass at all. Neither do the other guys. They're cheaters, same as Cyborg.

Speaking of Gabby Garcia, did anyone watch her fight in Rizin FC? It was terrible. You'd think that a giant, multi-time BJJ champion would want to use her skills on the ground to win an MMA fight but nope - she put on a striking display that makes Ronda Rousey look like a young Roy Jones Jr.

Speaking of Gabby Garcia, did anyone watch her fight in Rizin FC? It was terrible. You'd think that a giant, multi-time BJJ champion would want to use her skills on the ground to win an MMA fight but nope - she put on a striking display that makes Ronda Rousey look like a young Roy Jones Jr.

she was retarded.  Saying that I wasn't surprised,  I saw her kicks in her training videos and she kicks the way i imagine someone with cerebral palsy would.

Heh.. she would still knock Ronda Rousey into next week.

BJJ skills doesn't mean you just walk into MMA.  The chick did just that, walk right into a professional fight, having never fought before, not even as an amature.

Of course she sucked.  The fact that she managed to over come getting tagged for the first time in her career and win against a person with experience, speaks loads for her heart and mentality.

As for me, I'd rather stay behind the safety of my keyboard and criticize people who get paid to do something I avoid my entire life.

As for me, I'd rather stay behind the safety of my keyboard and criticize people who get paid to do something I avoid my entire life.

Judging by your post count, you don't come around here very often. You need to realize that this is the 4chan of MMA forums. Everyone on here is a troll to one extent or another, and the entire purpose of a forum such as this is to, in your words, "...stay behind the safety of [our] keyboard and criticize people who get paid to do something [we] avoid [our] entire liv[es]."

BJJ skills doesn't mean you just walk into MMA.  The chick did just that, walk right into a professional fight, having never fought before, not even as an amateur.

I never said or even implied such. Individuals work toward their strengths, and Garcia has an incredibly jujitsu background.  You would think that she (and her camp) would seek to get the fight to the ground where she'd have the biggest advantage. Even though this was her first professional MMA fight, she had been training for it for a long time. Her tactics and gameplan came off as a surprise.

...and of course jujitsu acumen doesn't directly translate to success in MMA. That hasn't been true for 20 years.

The UFC is actively exploring the possibility of having Justino compete at UFC 198, sources close to the situation told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani, who reported the news Wednesday on UFC Tonight.

Justino (15-1, 1 NC) is the reigning Invicta FC featherweight champion. She has campaigned heavily to compete at UFC 198 over recent weeks, and for good reason.

The event, slated for May 14, takes place at the behemoth 42,000-seat Atletico Paranaense soccer stadium and marks the UFC's first venture into Justino's hometown of Curitiba, Brazil.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/3/16/11250262/ufc-exploring-the-possibility-of-cris-cyborg-fighting-at-ufc-198

Garcia's fight was pretty terrible but she did win her first pro fight against someone with a wealth of experience in more than just one aspect of the game, she's a giant compared to cyborg though, she was fighting at 205lbs! reckon UFC may go with Holm v Cyborg depending on how stubborn holm is about getting a tate rematch first. 

Archived