Sign in to follow this  
najma

History is about to be made and nobody talks about it. WTF?

Who is da bess?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Is Frankie da bess?

Frankie Edgar is about to become only the third fighter in UFC's history to hold belts in 2 different weight divisions.

How big is that, huh?!

Other fighters who might get a shot at the same accomplishment:

Renan Barao by adding a 145 belt to the 135

- needs: to string a good series of wins to get to a title shot at 145

Conor McFlincher by adding a 155 belt to the 145

- needs: to defend his 145 to be given another crack at the 155 belt

Other possible runners for the feat:

Daniel Cormier - if comes back to HW, which might be likely if he loses to Jones and doesn't want to retire

Jon Jones - if moves up to HW

Luke Rockhold - if moves up to LHW

Deme Johnson - if moves up to BW for a superfight

Meanwhile, the legendary BJ PENN is running for an unprecedented 3rd belt (155&170 + 145).
GOAT status = confirmed

This fight hasn't been announced yet. Nobody's talking about it because Frankie is probably gonna get snubbed again.

• Like 3

This fight hasn't been announced yet. Nobody's talking about it because Frankie is probably gonna get snubbed again.

This.

• Like 2

Frankie Edgar is about to become only the third fighter in UFC's history to hold belts in 2 different weight divisions.

How big is that, huh?!

Daniel Cormier - if comes back to HW, which might be likely if he loses to Jones and doesn't want to retire

Deme Johnson - if moves up to BW for a superfight

Meanwhile, the legendary BJ PENN is running for an unprecedented 3rd belt (155&170 + 145).

GOAT status = confirmed

I count Vitor as a 2 weight champ, tbh, he did win the HW tourney and the LHW belt.

Frankie can and I believe WILL become a 2 weight division champ.

Barao: Could win at 145. He hasn't looked like the same fighter recently though. I think he may be better at 145 though where his size will still be good and the fighters aren't usually quite as fast as BWs.

Connor: He could if he lands a bomb on the champ and turns out the lights. Personally, I have RDA beating him.

DC: Could win the HW belt. If he loses to Bones he may need some time to recover mentally though.

JJ: Could win the HW belt. He has a very good chance but if he fights one of the bigger guys he could have trouble.

Luke: I could see him winning the belt. He is huge for MW. I'd even give him a decent chance of subbing JBJ.

MM: Has come a long way but his last loss is against current BW champ Dominic Cruz. Who has gotten better?

I count Vitor as a 2 weight champ, tbh, he did win the HW tourney and the LHW belt.

Frankie can and I believe WILL become a 2 weight division champ.

Barao: Could win at 145. He hasn't looked like the same fighter recently though. I think he may be better at 145 though where his size will still be good and the fighters aren't usually quite as fast as BWs.

Connor: He could if he lands a bomb on the champ and turns out the lights. Personally, I have RDA beating him.

DC: Could win the HW belt. If he loses to Bones he may need some time to recover mentally though.

JJ: Could win the HW belt. He has a very good chance but if he fights one of the bigger guys he could have trouble.

Luke: I could see him winning the belt. He is huge for MW. I'd even give him a decent chance of subbing JBJ.

MM: Has come a long way but his last loss is against current BW champ Dominic Cruz. Who has gotten better?

Most of these are possible multiple weight class champs but not at the same time eg barao...that doesn't impress me.

What bj did does and if Connor or other can do it, all power to them. Jon jones and frankie imo are the best chances

How big is that, huh?!

Daniel Cormier - if comes back to HW, which might be likely if he loses to Jones and doesn't want to retire

Deme Johnson - if moves up to BW for a superfight

GOAT status = confirmed

I'd say Jones is most likely after frankie

Bones won't make champ at HW ,too many big hitters up there ,prime Chuck over prime Bones at LHW so he's no chance in the top class. Conor could still do it ,see how he recovers from the Diaz loss .Luke ,possibly .Frankie ,very good chance .

Frankie has a real chance to do it and his would be as remarkable as BJ Penns because like BJ he won the title in a higher weight to his natural weight class. Conor could do it if half the UFC Lightweight roster retire today but that wouldnt be as cool as BJ or potential Frankie because Conor cut huge weight to fight much smaller guys and winning the LW belt would just be him winning in his own weight class

• Like 1

Halloween props don't count as a real belt and every fighter knows it and will tell you so.

Frankie only beat a HOF at 155...2x but has not earned the respect to get a 145 title shot ,,lmao .

Nate beats some over  rated ,over sized 145 fighter and all of a sudden talks of him earning a 170 title shot ROFLMAO.

Frankie should get a LEGIT title shot at the belt Conor holds,the REAL belt.

The fans should start deciding who fights who,not the UFC because they don't care about integrity of the sport only $$$$$.I actually got sick of hearing Conor talk about his money and the UFC is just as bad ,it is all look at me...look at me,,,no thanks.Guess Conor's mouth couldn't back it up in a real fight versus his own size,