BART-O-LINI

UFC 200 McGregor Debacle Mega Thread

He is looking for a fight for Diaz, plus another event.

My guess is that other fight will be Holly Holm. Against who, I can't say since everyone in the Top Ten are fighting or just came off of a  loss fight.

Some possibles for Diaz:

Khabib?

Ferguson?

Dos Anjos?

Direct quote from UFC.com

UFC President Dana White announced Tuesday that UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor has been pulled from his UFC 200 main event against Nate Diaz on July 9.

White revealed that the decision was made by the promotion after McGregor informed UFC officials that he would not participate in any promotional activities, including a commercial shoot and press conferences.

The UFC is currently working on a new main event for the card, which will take place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Other bouts currently set for the event include two title fights, with Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar battling for the interim featherweight title, and Miesha Tate defending her UFC women's bantamweight crown against Amanda Nunes.

They are trying to keep it in one thread instead of multiple threads talking about the same topic. Your thread was merged and the others will be to if they haven't already.

Seriously disappointed in mcgregor. Haven't read everything about this yet but announcing retirement!? What the **** son...

• Like 1

Conor fighting Dana over $$$

OR

Conor caught by USADA 

You pick one!

WTF is this the money channel?

2MacLife.jpg

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

If he retires that means Aldo Vs Edgar is a title fight as Conor has vacated? Like Dana said Conor wont do the promo in Vegas like every other fighter so he took him off the card, maybe he is sick of Conor thinking he is bigger than the UFC, Conor thinks hes the big **** so got upset about it, threw his toys out the pram & said I QUIT!.

End of the day Conor probably would have lost the rematch anyway, had a slim chance to win on points after 5 rounds & having a smashed face by the end of it.

Seriously disappointed in mcgregor. Haven't read everything about this yet but announcing retirement!? What the **** son...

he obviously wanted to get the first word in, and that was as much as his brain was capable of

Aldo Vs Edgar for the title is a better fight as a main event anyway.

Kind of weird that Dana didn't sound pissed off at all, they already spent a lot of money on posters & advertising maybe its all a plan to push the fight back to give Conor more time to prepare to actually have a chance at winning against Diaz & for another big fight card.. for MSG for example?

Well Conor did a full world tour with Aldo without crying about it too much so flying to Vegas to do a presser would have been nothing so I think its something else

Drugs or postponing for more $$$ on a later card (msg?) & more time to train to have a chance of actually winning against Diaz

• Like 1

With the whole pic being removed of 'trouble with conor' chat thing I'd be surprised if its anything BUT roids. WTF is he in Iceland for?! He could train anywhere and he chooses Iceland? Is that the one place he thinks Usada can't get him? Guilty as ****

rocky-iv-mountain-training.jpg

His retirement isn't official so the Aldo v Edgar fight will remain an interim title fight. I believe Conor just got pissed off because he was pulled from the card.

Also, perhaps Conor didn't want to have to sit there in front of the media with Diaz unable to talk his usual talk cause he lost to him, knowing Diaz would be trash talking him & he couldn't say much in reply or claim he is superior anymore.

Loves to dish it out but cant take it.

• Like 1

really wouldn't be surprised if they matched lawler up with someone, maybe even GSP.

they really could use another title fight on that card.

This is an elaborate plan to duck Aldo and/or Frankie. Things will appear to "heat up" and the UFC will strip him of the title, then they'll sort things out and he'll fight Nate but won't return to FW to get his **** beat due to not having the title.

he wasnt gifted a decision. he earned his win. if hendroids has a problem with that he should have finished the fight instead of tapping out to a choke in the first 2 minutes (which the ref missed) and then proceeding to get thrown for 3 of the 5 rounds

there is no welterweight on the planet who could beat gsp. gsp creampies all your favorite fighters.

Nick diaz. 1, 3, and 5 homie

• Like 1

Probably after seeing that MMA fight pass, had an effect on him.

I'm guessing that event had something to do with this. It's very possible.

Fightpass isn't that bad is it?

not surprised he pulled out of promoting the fight, can you imagine what it would be like promoting a rematch after all his smack talk and then getting choked out and made to look like a ****. It would be hell and the questions you would get constantly asked would grind anyone down.

nate will probably fight khabib

• Like 1

So do we still all think that conor gets special treatment??

Will be interesting to see if it really was Nate who made 196 so big.

Edited by Bubba_Sparks

Aldo turned down the non title rematch with Conor at LW cause he knew Conor would have to come back to FW with the belt eventually, I bet Aldo would fight him anywhere any time at any weight to get that rematch now if Conor does vacate & "retire" (aka come back in 6 months or whatever.) I bet he is angry as ****.

Nick diaz. 1, 3, and 5 homie

no dude gsp slapt him up

gsp 1,2,3,4,5

try again

Pretty sure because of Gunner. Although i think he'd be better off in the UK with Estima or Roger Gracie.

is Gunner training up there still? I thought he was training in the states

gsp padawan manhandled diaz, imagine what jedi master is going to do to him

probably not be able to do to diaz what gsp was able to do to him

Edited by idyb