Sign in to follow this  
xFINISHxHIMx

Edson Barboza vs Gilbert Melendez possible for UFC on FOX 20 in July

16 members have voted

1. 1. Edson Barboza vs Gilbert Melendez

• Edson Barboza
    • Gilbert Melendez

The Brazilian is expected to throw hands with former Strikeforce 155-pound titleholder Gilbert Melendez at the upcoming UFC on FOX 20 event, penciled in for United Center in Chicago, Illinois, on Sat., July 20, 2016.

That's according to a recent report from Globo (via MMA Fighting).

Barboza (17-4) is just 2-2 since beating Bobby Green back in 2014; however, he's in a much better spot than Melendez, at least in terms of career trajectory. "El Nino" (22-5) is coming off back-to-back losses and had to spend a year on the sidelines after flunking his UFC 188 drug test.

This is a very important fight for the longtime member of the "Skrap Pack."

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/5/4/11593000/edson-barboza-vs-gilbert-melendez-possible-for-ufc-on-fox-20-july-chicago-mma

I enjoy that when the UFC wants someone to go away, they give them a fight that they're not qualified for and cannot possibly win. 

• Like 1

I enjoy that when the UFC wants someone to go away, they give them a fight that they're not qualified for and cannot possibly win.

Yea IMO this fight doesn't make much sense.. but I think it will be a good one to watch regardless

Right?!

and Nohandsthony Pettis STILL doesn't get the message!

• Like 2

MMAJunkie has Edson Barboza vs Anthony Pettis on their website lol

One hell of a type there MMAJunkie...hilarious.

Right?!

You sound ever-ridiculous cheering for a bunch of Aussie cans and then constantly hating on a former champion.

• Like 1

You sound ever-ridiculous cheering for a bunch of Aussie cans and then constantly hating on a former champion.

I cheer current fighters and future contenders not has beens mate :D
  • Like 1

I cheer current fighters and future contenders not has beens mate :D

Then you shouldn't be a fan of anyone in your hemisphere. Either one.

• Like 1

Right?!

Nohandsthony? I like Pettis but that is hilarious dude. Deserves more likes.

Edited by xFINISHxHIMx
  • Like 3

Nohandsthony? I like Pettis but that is hilarious dude. Deserves more likes.

It is good to have your hard work appreciated. Thanks homie :)

• Like 1

Very true but doesn't mean he can never be knocked out

Outside of the wheel kick KO against Terry Etim he hasn't put anyone to sleep.  He knocked out a few nobodies early in his career but his stoppages are as follows.

TKO (retirement)

TKO (leg kicks)

TKO (body kick and punches)

I doubt this is the guy to put Gil to sleep.  Edson was slept by a man that proceeded to wrap up his career 1-5 after that fight with the lone victory being a split decision over Guillard.  I don't think he took Varner seriously as people were claiming future lightweight champ because of a wheel kick KO over a can.  Fight has decision written all over it.

• Like 1

Outside of the wheel kick KO against Terry Etim he hasn't put anyone to sleep.  He knocked out a few nobodies early in his career but his stoppages are as follows.

TKO (retirement)

TKO (leg kicks)

TKO (body kick and punches)

I doubt this is the guy to put Gil to sleep.  Edson was slept by a man that proceeded to wrap up his career 1-5 after that fight with the lone victory being a split decision over Guillard.  I don't think he took Varner seriously as people were claiming future lightweight champ because of a wheel kick KO over a can.  Fight has decision written all over it.

These casuals have no appreciation for an entire career of not being stopped. Suddenly Edson Barboza is supposed to be stopping people with zero or one stoppage in their entire careers. lol

• Like 1

These casuals have no appreciation for an entire career of not being stopped. Suddenly Edson Barboza is supposed to be stopping people with zero or one stoppage in their entire careers. lol

How much money you risking on the decision prop?  I got at least 20 on that free 80 or more cents because if it's 3 rounds it has decision written all over it even with the lay off for Melendez.  They will fight for 15 minutes and Edson likely wins but I would rather just take the free money and not pick a winner.  Gil could have undetectables like Edson now.

Actually decision won't pay 80 cents on the dollar.  I'm not completely sure but probably more like 60-65 cents on the dollar and you don't pick the winner.  This is how my account went from life support to over over 3 bills after May 14th when Cyborg murders some poor woman.

Edited by CorporalClegg209

Melendez is better everywhere

Not everywhere but I think he can grind out a decision if he goes full Georges.  DC said he was going full Georges on Jon.  I'm ready.

Gilbert has never been knocked out.

Big Nog had never been knocked out either until he met the greatest heavyweight of all time, Frank Mir.

There's always a first for everything. But I do think this will be a decision in Melendez's favor due to holding on for dear life.

Lol Cashual talking about casuals.

• Like 1

Gotten tew, huh?

Oh, yes. VERY gotten to. My jimmies shattered on the spot. I blame you for such degrading comments and shattering my jimmies.

Would anyone else like to say something that might actually offend me?

13926366433.png

• Like 1

Oh, yes. VERY gotten to. My jimmies shattered on the spot. I blame you for such degrading comments and shattering my jimmies.

13926366433.png

Clearly gotten tew.

I like how Cashlow gets his anus almost daily rekt in this thread... pls continue.

I like how you're forever angry at me like I banged your mom and kicked you out of the basement. 

• Like 1

I like how you're forever angry at me like I banged your mom and kicked you out of the basement. 

I ain't even angry at you, you're just a beta and I treat you like a beta. That is all.

• Like 2

I ain't even angry at you, you're just a beta and I treat you like a beta. That is all.

Get off my ****, foglet.

Not everywhere but I think he can grind out a decision if he goes full Georges.  DC said he was going full Georges on Jon.  I'm ready.

Have I EVER been wrong before? Trust me hombre

Have some pepper for that angus, CasualFlow.

Spilled_Pepper.jpg

I like how Cashlow gets his anus almost daily rekt in this thread... pls continue.

Have some pepper for that angus, CasualFlow.

Spilled_Pepper.jpg

Three gotten tew cans

13926366433.png

thanks for giving me a pic with higher resolution for my avi :P

Edited by amunera
  • Like 3

Oh **** there is now a Barboza train because he beat an out of sorts Pettis  :ph34r:  This fight will not go the distance but it will not be Melendez on the receiving end and LOL at all who think Barboza can KO granite chin Melendez, Guy is a savage and when it calls for he aint afraid to step in the pocket and bang like the Mexican he is

Oh **** there is now a Barboza train because he beat an out of sorts Pettis  :ph34r:  This fight will not go the distance but it will not be Melendez on the receiving end and LOL at all who think Barboza can KO granite chin Melendez, Guy is a savage and when it calls for he aint afraid to step in the pocket and bang like the Mexican he is

These people are casuals. They have no idea what they're talking about.

• Like 1

Oh **** there is now a Barboza train because he beat an out of sorts Pettis :ph34r: This fight will not go the distance but it will not be Melendez on the receiving end and LOL at all who think Barboza can KO granite chin Melendez, Guy is a savage and when it calls for he aint afraid to step in the pocket and bang like the Mexican he is

Granite chin? He got rocked by Pettis's hands.

Although I think he wins by using his wrestling.

Edited by ITs-Time
  • Like 1