diazthechamp

Politics thread

11 minutes ago, 12еr said:

You can hear the gunshots after he's already reaching into his coat. I provided you the video evidence and the autopsy you cited. You are wrong.

You question one and defend the other to your death because one is a guy you can identify with and empathize with and the other guy you don't.

I like how you've now shifted to telling me I lost and to move on. Declaring yourself the winner is always a sign of panic. Go take a nap, boomer.

LOL

your take is so bad that it baffles me

just say it - "I think a criminal has the right to assault a cop, steal his taser, and fire it at him, without getting shot" - 12er

• Like 1

Just now, SVTContour98 said:

LOL

your take is so bad that it baffles me

just say it - "I think a criminal has the right to assault a cop, steal his taser, and fire it at him, without getting shot" - 12er

Watch the video. You're literally making **** up with no basis in reality. He reached into his coat twice before he was shot. 

Just say that it's okay to shoot black people, but not white people who agree with you politically.

• Haha 1

Just now, 12еr said:

Watch the video. You're literally making **** up with no basis in reality. He reached into his coat twice before he was shot. 

Just say that it's okay to shoot black people, but not white people who agree with you politically.

I'll watch it again...it has been a few years since I've seen it..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

Speaking of de-escalation, let's stop condescending to each other. I apologize if I came in too hot, I respect your opinion even if I disagree with you. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, 12еr said:

Speaking of de-escalation, let's stop condescending to each other. I apologize if I came in too hot, I respect your opinion even if I disagree with you. 

These kind of posts always make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 

You and @SVTContour98 are good people. I look forward to the continuation of this debate. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, 12еr said:

Apologies all around!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 12еr said:

22 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

Ok...I'm not sure what I watched years ago...maybe it didn't have audio at the time...but that's not the video I watched....If it is the case that he was "reaching" and not in the process of "getting shot", then no, I can't blame the cops for shooting him.

The FBI tomfoolery of lying about shooting the truck prior to him getting out could have also impacted my original thoughts on the case b/c a lot of what is known today wasn't known originally and at the time the FBI was lying about what went down.

• Like 1

having said that...I don't think it impacts my current thoughts on the Rayshard case...if the arrest is legitimate, and the individual fights the cops, steals a less lethal weapon, points it at the cops and shoots it (he did deploy the taser at the cop apparently)...I can't find away to blame the cop for drawing his firearm at the moment the guy turned around and shooting him.

Now, I could see a scenarios where they shoot him and it's not reasonable to me...ie - he doesn't steal the taser and just runs off...or he steals the taser but just runs away with it...or something like that....but, imho, once you point a weapon at someone, it's over m9

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SVTContour98 said:

having said that...I don't think it impacts my current thoughts on the Rayshard case...if the arrest is legitimate, and the individual fights the cops, steals a less lethal weapon, points it at the cops and shoots it (he did deploy the taser at the cop apparently)...I can't find away to blame the cop for drawing his firearm at the moment the guy turned around and shooting him.

Now, I could see a scenarios where they shoot him and it's not reasonable to me...ie - he doesn't steal the taser and just runs off...or he steals the taser but just runs away with it...or something like that....but, imho, once you point a weapon at someone, it's over m9

He thought it was a video game, and was drunken wrong.

40 minutes ago, 12еr said:

And by the way mozzez, no one is trying to convince you of anything. We all know what you think of a police shooting before it even happens. It's always justified.

I'm talking to SVT because his opinion tends to have a little more nuance and the inconsistency I see is actually worth exploring. You can step off.

No I dont,I think a good cop firing his weapon isn't always a bad kill.

This one, no sympathy. 

George Floyd, from everything I've seen, the cop should fry for the murder he caused.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bwana said:

War is war, even the innocent will die...that's why war sucks.

I agree, but its hypocrisy at its finest when Team America World Police members think everyone else has to play by a different set of rules than what he did.

7 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

I agree, but its hypocrisy at its finest when Team America World Police members think everyone else has to play by a different set of rules than what he did.

lol at thinking that the police in America should have the same ROE as an infantry battalion in a warzone.

20 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

I've been arguing this way more strongly than I actually feel about it tbh.

Partly because I do honestly think they could have ended this without loss of life, even if they were justified to shoot the guy, and partly because I like to be the foil who interrupts the circle jerk of everyone agreeing with each other.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 12еr said:

lol at thinking that the police in America should have the same ROE as an infantry battalion in a warzone.

Does it really matter who is standing opposite from you if you can't trust they are going to harm you?

19 minutes ago, 12еr said:

I've been arguing this way more strongly than I actually feel about it tbh.

Partly because I do honestly think they could have ended this without loss of life, even if they were justified to shoot the guy, and partly because I like to be the foil who interrupts the circle jerk of everyone agreeing with each other.

from a libertarian perspective...I'd have preferred the police to offer to set up an uber ride home for the guy (or something like that)...no person or property was hurt by his DUI-ing so just let it slide...maybe a fine or something as some sort of deterrent for him DUI-ing in the future....but, that's not the police's job today and I'm assuming they could get in trouble by not arresting someone DUI-ing, which is why from the start, I got you to agree the arrest was all good so we had a basis to move forward with discussion and not get into  the weeds of "SVT believes it's ok to DUI as long as it doesn't hurt anyone".  not sure why I just typed all that out.

Edited by SVTContour98
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

Does it really matter who is standing opposite from you if you can't trust they are going to harm you?

U.S police have taken under 22K deaths on the job since 1786. 

The risk of death being a police officer isn't even remotely comparable to that of a soldier in a warzone. It's laughable to try to equate the two. 

This mindset is exactly why cops are too trigger happy. They are not at war.

https://nleomf.org/facts-figures/officer-deaths-by-year

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

from a libertarian perspective...I'd have preferred the police to offer to set up an uber ride home for the guy (or something like that)...no person or property was hurt by his DUI-ing so just let it slide...maybe a fine or something as some sort of deterrent for him DUI-ing in the future....but, that's not the police's job today and I'm assuming they could get in trouble by not arresting someone DUI-ing, which is why from the start, I got you to agree the arrest was all good so we had a basis to move forward with discussion and get into  the weeds of "SVT believes it's ok to DUI as long as it doesn't hurt anyone".  not sure why I just typed all that out.

I agree with you. They should have given him a court summons and a ride home. It would have been safer for everyone involved.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 12еr said:

I agree with you. They should have given him a court summons and a ride home. It would have been safer for everyone involved.

no victim; no crime

It is a major flaw in the current system...puts the public at risk, the cops at risk, keeps taxes high, etc.

• Like 2

U.S police have taken under 22K deaths on the job since 1786. 

The risk of death being a police officer isn't even remotely comparable to that of a soldier in a warzone. It's laughable to try to equate the two. 

This mindset is exactly why cops are too trigger happy. They are not at war.

https://nleomf.org/facts-figures/officer-deaths-by-year

There are cops in your country that have dealt with more death,more guns and more bullets than you have.

But sure, 22k deaths vs what 10000 murders? 100,000 ? Compared to your 1 war in Iraq that has been said to have over a million innocents killed alone?

Your brothers in arms murdered more civilians, women and children in Iraq that Saddam Hussein. So is that better comparison for you?

You talk like being a cop is some walk in the park. You sit there behind a protected zone and shoot anything within a mile, yet cops have to go walk up unarmed vs people willing to kill them over a parking ticket. Or a DUI charge, those same criminals you seem to want to run free.

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

Agreed. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

There are cops in your country that have dealt with more death,more guns and more bullets than you have.

But sure, 22k deaths vs what 10000 murders? 100,000 ? Compared to your 1 war in Iraq that has been said to have over a million innocents killed alone?

Your brothers in arms murdered more civilians, women and children in Iraq that Saddam Hussein. So is that better comparison for you?

You talk like being a cop is some walk in the park. You sit there behind a protected zone and shoot anything within a mile, yet cops have to go walk up unarmed vs people willing to kill them over a parking ticket. Or a DUI charge, those same criminals you seem to want to run free.

7z9o.gif

Mozzez seems to think I can't question police brutality in America because I served in an unpopular war. 

Let me go ahead and shut you down real quick. 

The war was a mistake. We shouldn't have gone. 

But my opinion on police in America is still valid, and in fact, is way more valid than yours. They work for me, and my taxes pay them. You don't live here, so keep a mounties **** in your mouth and keep my name out of it.

• Like 2

Mozzez seems to think I can't question police brutality in America because I served in an unpopular war. 

Let me go ahead and shut you down real quick. 

The war was a mistake. We shouldn't have gone. 

But my opinion on police in America is still valid, and in fact, is way more valid than yours. They work for me, and my taxes pay them. You don't live here, so keep a mounties **** in your mouth and keep my name out of it.

Lol, its ok to be a hypocrite, you want the police to act differently than the rules you were governed under of shoot anything that gets close.

Its fine, be critical, but that doesn't make you any less a hypocrite 

Also, I would guess by the words you were saying last week, your cops suck, so maybe you should get some Mounties down there to clean up your **** hole.

8 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

Lol, its ok to be a hypocrite, you want the police to act differently than the rules you were governed under of shoot anything that gets close.

Its fine, be critical, but that doesn't make you any less a hypocrite 

Also, I would guess by the words you were saying last week, your cops suck, so maybe you should get some Mounties down there to clean up your **** hole.

Yes, I do want the police in the U.S to act differently than the military in Iraq. 

That doesn't make me a hypocrite, that's just common sense.

Stay mad, dummy.

Edited by 12еr

I don't even care anymore about who's getting shot or why anymore. Think I've grown tired of hearing about it enough that i moved on & just really could care less anymore. 

All i know GOAT Dave Chapelle 8:46 new special which wasn't funny except for one joke had me slightly convinced Candice Owens has a stank pu$$y but i wanna find out if it's true. 🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

No idea what that means, but take a like anyway dude. 

All Cakes Are Baked

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

I don't even care anymore about who's getting shot or why anymore. Think I've grown tired of hearing about it enough that i moved on & just really could care less anymore. 

All i know GOAT Dave Chapelle 8:46 new special which wasn't funny except for one joke had me slightly convinced Candice Owens has a stank pu$$y but i wanna find out if it's true. 🤣

Candace Owens strikes me as a grifter. I haven't seen Chappelles special, but being a huge comedy fan I figured that it wasn't going to be his best work. He basically came off quarantine and put out a special without actually working out the material. 

That was probably the first time he told any of those jokes on stage and that's why he put it out on youtube instead of trying to sell it to netflix for millions.

I think it does more harm than good to his career to put out a half-baked special, but he's an all time great so what the **** do I know?

• Like 1

theyve delayed the reopening for the big white ski resort in kelowna until july 15th because it snowed

https://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/snow-delays-summer-opening-of-big-white-ski-resort/

keeping a ski resort closed because it snowed alot lol

canadian news is so **** backwards.

mind you people go up there for downhill biking and hiking in the summer. but it still seems ironic that a ski resort would be closed because of too much snow.    its all gonna melt away anyways by the end of the week once it gets hot as fook again, so i think theres alot more to the reasoning than just snow

Edited by -idyb-

19 hours ago, 12еr said:

Yes, I am suggesting that. There's no reason to think the guy is a danger to the public in regards to the taser. He's admittedly drunk, very drunk apparently, so he's not making good decisions and would most likely not be acting like this if he were sober. 

And agreeing with the fact that all of those things are wrong is irrelevant because I don't think any other those things means he deserves to die for them.

The guy isn't fleeing a murder scene, he was fleeing a DUI while probably blacked out drunk. 

He's dead because he hurt the one cops feelings by getting the better of him. If that cop had missed when he shot, they would have just picked the guy up later that night or the next day. 

I dont see how you can say so confidently that a guy whos willing to drive blackout drunk, fight cops, and fire a taser at them, is no danger to the public.

He's a danger to the public simply for driving so drunk that he passed out in the drive thru lane.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 12еr said:

Candace Owens strikes me as a grifter. I haven't seen Chappelles special, but being a huge comedy fan I figured that it wasn't going to be his best work. He basically came off quarantine and put out a special without actually working out the material. 

That was probably the first time he told any of those jokes on stage and that's why he put it out on youtube instead of trying to sell it to netflix for millions.

I think it does more harm than good to his career to put out a half-baked special, but he's an all time great so what the **** do I know?

Yeah it was more just a rant than anything else. I don't think it was meant to be funny really but more a historic piece & just to talk about what's happening. 

Dave is still fun to listen to even though i disagree with him on a lot of stuff. He's a great story teller. 

I thought the idea for a show was kinda cool though. Basically like a spread out wedding. 

I like the fact Dave doesn't give AF & just does what he wants. He loves the craft for what it is and made the point at the end it's probably the last real true form of discourse. 

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Saw this on TimcastIRL lol. They laid down cardboard and put dirt on top with potted plants. 

Funniest part was giving out bags of sprite hahaha

EaQlMT5WsAELzm3.png

There is a part of me that's like this is kinda beautiful in a way even though it's fail & i h8 most of these people's ideology. 

Like it would be good if more people kinda learned to do things on their own with a small group of others, grew some food, have community gardens, not take things for granted, look out for each other etc. 

When i moved away from NOLA to a smaller town then back to a bigger city again in Lafayette for a while i kinda missed the small town friendly community quite a bit. IMO you lose something in the big cities. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

That's AGCAB

All

G@y

Cakes

Are

Bad

i tend to disagree. the gay cake that Bwana gave to Wickles the other day on his birthday wasnt so bad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OmoGOAT said:

I dont see how you can say so confidently that a guy whos willing to drive blackout drunk, fight cops, and fire a taser at them, is no danger to the public.

He's a danger to the public simply for driving so drunk that he passed out in the drive thru lane.

I mean that there is no reason to think he's likely to assault any random person he meets on the street. He wasn't caught committing a violent crime, and he was apparently very cordial right up until the moment they decided to cuff him. 

He really didn't want to go to prison and I don't believe I saw him throwing any punches at the cops. He was just trying to get away from them.

He made a life ending mistake when he used the taser, but even then, does anyone really think he was trying to kill the cop? He just ate that same ****ing taser like it was nothing, there's no reason to assume he thought it was going to do anything other than slow them down. 

I don't think he was a danger to the public in the way that a violent psychopath would be if they escaped custody.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 12еr said:

I mean that there is no reason to think he's likely to assault any random person he meets on the street. He wasn't caught committing a violent crime, and he was apparently very cordial right up until the moment they decided to cuff him. 

He really didn't want to go to prison and I don't believe I saw him throwing any punches at the cops. He was just trying to get away from them.

He made a life ending mistake when he used the taser, but even then, does anyone really think he was trying to kill the cop? He just ate that same ****ing taser like it was nothing, there's no reason to assume he thought it was going to do anything other than slow them down. 

I don't think he was a danger to the public in the way that a violent psychopath would be if they escaped custody.

So if he tazes the guy and gets away,  what would be his next move? The other guy is gonna go for him and call for back up. He can't get to his car,  but needs to get away fast.

Chit what if he doesn't taze the guy,  but still gets away from them.  Wendy's car park,  he just got out of being arrested by two bumbling idiot cops,  who are at the worst a minute or two behind him.  What happens next?  

1 hour ago, Bezerker101 said:

-just got remarried in effort to subvert her illegal immigration problem, ....

These kind of clips rustle me. Any interviewer worth their salt would not let someone get away with such drivel, regardless of their stance.  Her TL;DR answer is basically "I have no idea"

Interviewers need to go to the Paxman school of interviewing technique

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 12еr said:

Drove so drunk he passed out in a drive thru

Tussled with police when being arrested

Stole a cops taser

Fired the taser at the cop

Who knows what the next escalation would have been. What if he had wrestled the cops gun out of his hand instead of a taser. He needed to be stopped. Sucks he died but he didnt give the cops much choice.

I get you dont like cops. I dont much care for them either but cmon man you sound like the guys defense attorney trying to spin this any way you can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

I can't figure out if this guy is legit or just the GOAT troll....

He's legit, that Baracks's brother and they hate each others guts....but he's a scumbag money grubber too.

15 minutes ago, Bwana said:

He's legit, that Baracks's brother and they hate each others guts....but he's a scumbag money grubber too.

He's in the comment section going back and forth with other Kenyans. I derived that he must be legit too........

But does that mean Barry is a Kenyan and the guy who was the loudest about the Kenyan birth certificate is now..... president?!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 12еr said:

16 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

Apologies all around!

this might very well be the most canadian thing i've ever read on the forum

meanwhile ive been fighting with mcmod all week just to get him to formally and sincerely apologize for merging my hernry cejudo thread into my gsp thread. but mcmod has too much pride in his ego to ever own up to his mistakes and politely apologize and do the right thing,  kind of like those lazy-bones who leave their shopping carts in the handicap sections. he'll always have some kind of excuse as to why he's never in the wrong..

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

He's in the comment section going back and forth with other Kenyans. I derived that he must be legit too........

But does that mean Barry is a Kenyan and the guy who was the loudest about the Kenyan birth certificate is now..... president?!

He's been in a pizzing battle with his 1/2 brother for decades, not sure what the beef is other than Malik wanted to jump on the POTUS train and is a POS.

I honestly don't remember the exact details but, the Certificate above states Father is from Hawaii and Mother from Kansas. If he was born in a foreign country while traveling, that wouldn't make him a resident/citizen of said country without applying for citizenship.

So Hawaiian father & Kansas mother return home from vacation, with child that's an American citizen by law.....it appears anyway.

But it's been a long time, so the details are fuzzy to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Bwana said:

He's been in a pizzing battle with his 1/2 brother for decades, not sure what the beef is other than Malik wanted to jump on the POTUS train and is a POS.

I honestly don't remember the exact details but, the Certificate above states Father is from Hawaii and Mother from Kansas. If he was born in a foreign country while traveling, that wouldn't make him a resident/citizen of said country without applying for citizenship.

So Hawaiian father & Kansas mother return home from vacation, with child that's an American citizen by law.....it appears anyway.

But it's been a long time, so the details are fuzzy to be honest.

It states his father is a RESIDENT of Hawaii, not from Hawaii. It says he's from Kanyadhiang Village, Kenya.